Saw a cheater ... First time for me

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by DarkStarAnubis, Apr 3, 2017.

1. DarkStarAnubis

OK it is not a big deal, but this evening I am pretty sure I saw someone cheating.

Playing HA, saw a faraway sniper sniping others so I engage him while he's distracted. With the new basic implant (forget-the-name) you can see enemy health. Hit once, the sniper is almost dead, I can see his health bar close to zero. Hit again, the bar does not decrease anymore, WTF? Hit other 3-5 times, same results... Hit registered, no change in his health. I give up. He was not using something to re-gen health, because health did not increase between hits, just didn't drop to zero.

Anyone knows what's that?
    • Up x 2
  2. Eternaloptimist

Did he freeze, as you were able to hit him several times? Sounds like his client crashed. You do meet frozen, unkillable avatars from time to time.
  3. DarkStarAnubis

Hmm... It could be. if I remember correctly when I started to fire he was moving but after no, he wasn't.
  4. ObiVanuKenobi

HP is handled server-side so it's impossible to change.
    Maybe he had low hp but full shields? Because that implant shows only hp not including shield. Infiltrators have 400 hp and 500 shield (or the other way around, i forgot), other classes 500 500.
    • Up x 1
  5. Towie

I've come across a few frozen unkillable characters, after putting more shots into them than expected and nothing happens (they don't die - they flinch when shot but never move) I just ignore and carry on.

There have been bugs in the past where things don't get removed from the scene (everlasting grenades for example).
    • Up x 1
  6. ObiVanuKenobi

When you're in loading screen you're invincible. Those people crash during the loading screen or something like that and then they are stuck there for a few minutes until they get autokicked or reconnect.
    • Up x 1
  7. Demigan

I think something funny might be going on server-side. Yesterday 2 non-moving ESF received reduced damage or no damage at all from c4. Today I required 4 c4 for an empty Valk on an airpad, but had enough time to see that each time the actual explosion happened at the point where I threw the C4. So it could be something of a package loss or something.

People dont turn invincible during a disconnect. In fact the moment the server registered enough hits to kill a person, all further damage from that person that arrives after will be ignored. But death confirmation seems to happen only of the player also sends confirmation of the hits. However, once disconnected the last player to register a viable hit will be credited the kill.
  8. Syllabear

Is not the first time, wallcheaters is really common.
    This game will be soon roamed with them.

Giving a name: Sn0wfinger (emerald).
  9. DarkStarAnubis

Maybe I saw yesterday. Found a sniper hiding in the building, he run away but I chased him, at a certain point he froze (disconnected?) and then after a fracton of second I got the killl confirmation.
    • Up x 1
  10. Syllabear

Emerald "KuganeVS". Tracking down at very long distance with his liberator (single pilot) and sneaking from back EVERY-TIME.

Oh yes, in the night ;)
    He is brazilian btw.

ps: cheating in this game is getting more and more evident.
    • Up x 2
  11. ObiVanuKenobi

He's been playing this game for 4 years and has 2256 hour playtime on that character. Maybe he's just a better player than you?
    http://ps2.fisu.pw/player/?name=sn0wfinger
    Dropping random accusations like that without any proof at all isn't very nice.

Seeing in the night is very easy, especially other vehicles which have lights and stuff unless you have sun shining directly on your monitor or something.
  12. Demigan

Not to mention that the new "completely useless" Threat detection makes it easy to find enemy vehicles during night-time/at long-range.

Considering you can often evade and flank enemies at fairly short range and they don't spot you quickly until the second or third shot (if at all!) I find it surprising people don't think it's useful anymore.
  13. Syllabear

Bul****.
    He been stalking ME and my group, out of how many people? He allways come directly to us, even when we were separated.

Look, i dont care about your cheap excuses. Ive seen so many games getting infested with these trash players, and eventually dying because people get tired. Is the same story, every game, every time, every complain taunted the same way... im tired of this deja vu.

This stalker left me so bad taste that he killed my will to play this game.
    ---

Its more noticeable when there are less people.
    To make it worse, when i was attacking bioloab much earlier (in the morning of that day), a heavy found me everywhere i went. Headshots all the time. I called him out and he kinda started doing it more noticeable. Allways in the right place in the right moment to kill me...
    I saw a guy facing him, he died like instantly because of the bullets in his head.

They get mad when you call them out and they start doing it more evident because they dont give a **** and they know they piss you off.
    Just like the last shooter i left because of the same reason. You find yourself playing harder and harder to be at the level of a cheater and then you forget this is a game, and you come to have fun and you get stressed instead.

I'll repeat it: its a deja vu.

The good thing is that here you have work arounds to make it less impactful, like rushing with the zerg, pulling tanks and playing with people...
  14. ObiVanuKenobi

Some people have fun by making others mad and hackusations indicate you've found an easy victim for that. Just saying.
  15. AllRoundGoodGuy

I've just had my second hack accusation the other day, which is funny 'cause anyone who looks at my stats can tell I'm a scrub....
  16. Scifi

I had an accusation the other day, i stopped my sunderer cos their were mines infront of me, so i reversed and run over a infiltrator hahaha
  17. ObiVanuKenobi

Hacker. Reported, enjoy your ban.

[IMG]
    • Up x 1
  18. Drpshort

KuganeVS is still returning DIRECTLY to a firing point that was not possible for him to spot when the missile was launched and killing the player (and ONLY that player) that fired at him and ignoring others around.. hes cheating no doubt
  19. Drpshort

He's still doing it, even though he could not have possibly seen the firing point let alone WHO fired it ..... but ALWAYS kills only the person that fired and ignores everyone else
  20. ObiVanuKenobi

This game has a thing called a "minimap" which shows the location of fired shots unless you have a suppressor on your rocket launcher. And it's easy to guess anyways. I really don't get why you think he's cheating, you're describing normal stuff.