Saron nerfed into the ground

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by dngray, Jun 28, 2014.

1. dngray

I find it peculiar that the Saron, a weapon that takes 1000 certs to unlock is worse than the proton which takes 250 certs to unlock. I feel like I wasted too many certs buffing my saron when I could have purchased and buffed the proton instead. UGH....
  2. Demetrios

lol
    • Up x 11
  3. Gundem

Tell me, what is the backstory of your Signature Rage tell?
  4. Sledgecrushr

The saron is great at what its supposed to be which is a sniper av weapon that can kill infantry in 2 hits. Great weapon.
    • Up x 2
  5. Frosty The Pyro

its 3 hits, but it can put out those three shots much faster than the enforcer can pull off its two.

But yeah, the saron is excelent, it has the versitility of mid dps long range acuracy, or high dps at short range.

Also certs are not a balancing factor. Costing 1000 certs is not an excuse to be better than other weapons.
    • Up x 7
  6. dngray

Wow man, br 100 on all three factions? How much do you play?!?!?!
  7. minhalexus

Saron recently got buffed when all tank AV got gravity nerfed.
    Since Saron has no bullet drop it got buffed.
  8. SeanFree

He's one of the best lib gunners I've ever seen, it pays off.
  9. gigastar

It seems that you didnt know that the PPA cannot damage tanks.

So im going to inform you now, the PPA cannot damage tanks.
    • Up x 3
  10. MorteDeAmgelis

Saron is a AV Weapon. Meant for shooting Tanks
    Proton II PPA is a AI Weapon. Meant for shooting Infantry.
    • Up x 2
  11. Alarox

The Saron is not a sniper AV weapon and it doesn't kill in 2 hits. It is a CQC AV weapon with massive alpha strike, and it kills in 3 hits.
  12. Posse

Too bad the Magriders gets destroyed in CQC, lol.

I seriously don't understand why the changed the old Saron mechanic.
  13. Alarox

If you're the kind of tanker that prefers the surprise flanking playstyle then the Magrider is extremely good. Not great for head-on fights, which is what the majority of people use tanks for exclusively.
  14. Posse

Until the Vanguard I tried to flank presses F and throws everything it has at me and kills me (or leaves me almost dead behind lines), yep. As I said, I'd rather have the old sniper laser back.
    • Up x 1
  15. Paqu

There has been no gravity nerfs on live server, only in PTS.
    • Up x 1
  16. Frosty The Pyro

if you are hitting them in the ****, that sheild is not even close to enouph to save them.
  17. Pacster

You can see the time played in his signature....lol.

That aside it's not that hard if you are a boring lib farmer. You remember those old single player games where enemies show up on the screen and you just had to click them and they died? It's exactly the same...and exactly as easy. The pilot is doing a harder job than the gunner....and just flying around ain't all that hard either. ;-)
  18. MittRackRObama

Yeah the reduced accuracy when shorteining your TTK (spamming it) kills the potential to get a quick kill unless within a range where pretty much every other gun would be close to or more effective at killing that infantry.
  19. Scr1nRusher

Saron is a Anti Tank weapon(its really good at it)

the PPA is a Anti infantry weapon.
  20. Frosty The Pyro

the saron can fire with perfect accuray at .5 refire, or non perfect acuracy with .33 refire. the enforcer has a refire of 1.0 . the halberd of course gets the one hit kill but has a 3.5 second reload and one round mag, the vulcan is the vulcan. so no, every other gun at short range is NOT more effective than the saron