Same faction characters on merging servers.

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Plague Rat, Feb 22, 2013.

1. Plague Rat

So what happens if I have two characters of the same faction on both servers that are being merged together? Because last I checked you could only have one character per faction per server. And they just mentioned on FNO that both of those servers I have characters on are being merged.

I left one server to play with friends but haven't gotten rid of it because I'm waiting for account unlocks to go through so I can get the stuff I unlocked on the old server.

Don't want to lose my early unlocks, but if it's between that and a chance of the old character overwriting my certed out badass, and don't want to risk that happening.
  2. Vertabrae

They will probably offer you a server transfer or faction transfer. I don't think they will just delete one of your characters.
  3. QuantumMechanic

You can have multiple characters of different factions on the same server. It wasn't always like that, but they changed it a couple of months ago. I have my TR, VS and NC all on Connery. So I don't see why two chars of the same faction on the same server wouldn't be possible.
  4. Sharmanti

Sure about same faction? I was about to say that you can have several different factions on a server, but I am not sure if that applies to same faction characters
  5. QuantumMechanic

Not sure about same faction, no. And I don't have any free slots to test that. If you are really concerned about it, create a secodary free account and try creating two same faction chars on the same server. I'd be surprised if that didn't work.
  6. Talizzar

I just created two toons both TR on Waterson so it is allowed. You should have no issues.
    • Up x 1
  7. PieBringer

I'm fairly certain that multiple characters of the same faction are allowed on the same server. I had no problem making several TR, VS, or NC characters on the same server in Beta, and I had no problem making two VS on the same server after launch. Mind you, this was BEFORE the patch that allowed you to make two separate faction characters in this way.
  8. Plague Rat

Alright, nifty, thanks folks. Looking forward to the merge because it'll kind of reunite me with some in-game friends and still let me play with my RL ones, but really didn't want to lose anything.