[Suggestion] Sabotage Ability

Discussion in 'Infiltrator' started by SlugSniper, Nov 13, 2016.

1. SlugSniper

So here's a somewhat controversial idea for Infiltrator:

The new "Sabotage" ability would be an alternative to the cloak abilities. The user wouldn't be able to cloak at all, but they would be able to damage enemy vehicles and structures at a very slow rate and at a hazardously close range.

To make it extra-sneaky, the damage done wouldn't register as a "hit" to enemy vehicles. If the enemy was paying attention, they would see their vehicle HP slowly being drained, but there would be no "hit" warning or anything of the sort.

Structures would show damage being done by saboteurs normally, so Engineers could spot one of their deployables being sabotaged and respond accordingly as long as they pay attention.
  2. StaHoo33

If u want to slowly kill vehicles and feel bit masochistic maybe try to shoot at vanguards with archer? Or better do it with AA Base turret.. Well seen someone doing that last night, must be fun...
    • Up x 1
  3. SlugSniper

Not exactly what I had in mind...
  4. Eternaloptimist

Sounds like a poor exchange tbh. There was talk about hacking empty vehicles a while back.....whatever happened to that?
  5. Daigons

Crossbow with Explosive Bolts. Just situate yourself behind their lines and you can snipe away at distracted tanks. You can quickly stab the tank drivers as they repair and than polish off their damaged vehicle with the xbow.
  6. SlugSniper

I was actually thinking about the Crossbow when I posted this. It's an incredibly handy tool to use with the Infiltrator, but you sacrifice your handy pistol for it. You almost have to pair the Crossbow with an SMG.

Now, in the PTS, there's a new knife that almost acts like a sidearm replacement (it can shoot slow, close-range energy bolts). This might make the Crossbow more practical when paired with a scout or sniper rifle.
  7. Campagne

An interesting idea, but it doesn't seem very practical for the infiltrator. I wouldn't expect to live long at all, if I could even get close enough undetected. On vehicles, they could very easily just move out of the way, or even unintentionally back over the infiltrator.