Running people over

Discussion in 'Infiltrator' started by IronMouse, Sep 8, 2015.

1. IronMouse

I started playing around with a Wraith Flash as of recently. It's a really fun experience, maybe the most fun I've had in this game so far.

However, I've noticed that running people over is really... Odd. Off. Weird. I go STRAIGHT through them, and I get no hit markers at all, let alone a kill. While even touching a friendly damages his shields. What gives? Are there any experienced Flash drivers who could give me some advice on how I should approach an enemy in order to effectively run him over?
  2. Problem Officer

[IMG]

Oh yeah as far as I've done it, aim slightly ahead of where they're moving.
    Compensate for lag so you're hitting them on their client, not yours.
    • Up x 1
  3. PlanetBound

Only time I've hit anyone is not on purpose.
  4. MisterSlim

The detection is a bit odd, but ProblemOfficer's post is right. Aiming in front of the enemy tends to give the best (although still spotty) results. If you really enjoy flash-based cloaky antics, befriend a decent sniper and let him ride on the back. Uncloak, and allow him to snipe softies whilst you zoom by. It's not reliable, and it's pretty difficult, but it generates a huge reaction at least 95% of the time xD.

-Stay Frosty
  5. EvilMindedSquirrel

It has something to do with hit detection. When shooting something the hits register on the client side of the shooter, not the one getting shot at.
    However, the collision of a vehicle into infantry is registered on the side of the infantry. So if you are driving a flash and it looks to you that you are driving right through them, it could be that on their side they just made it; which would then not register as a hit.