Rookie with few questions about beta and PSI databases

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Gr33D, Nov 20, 2012.

1. Gr33D

I used http://wiki.planetside-universe.com/ps/ database and all the Intel i could gather on youtube, etc. My questions are outdated, but I'm currently downloading the game and would appreciate some help if someone has time. So here goes some notes that i had pilled up:

• Universal p2w MAX suits.
    I’m 100% for the p2w in a manner that even a non skilled player could wipe 3-4 frags before going down himself. Stats/game change utilities attract real money. But seriously? MAX are to universal (two totally different specked high lethality guns on one unit). They already wreck havoc inside buildings. An universal 2-3 manned tank wouldn’t hurt cause there is no vehicle that can enter buildings, except the MAX. I even fear that you will at some point be forced to categorize MAX’es as vehicles with an spawn timer.
    • Ground vehicle vs aircraft skill battle using radar output.
    To my knowledge there is only one 3 manned bomber aircraft in the game for all factions but no such tank. I haw seen so many examples on youtube where tank's are just wiped out thanks to aircraft assaults. While I see why aircrafts are more fragile than any other – there are just to many weapons/classes in the game that can take them down. They can only hope to get out of fire range in time while ground troops/vehicles can hide behind some terrain obstructions to. It's a balancing issue, but making either aircraft's faster than tank turret rotation speed, and/or tougher than tank armor could resolve this. The current “paper tank” is just a short lived suppressive fire source, and the faction specific tanks seem rarely used due this I think.
    Ground vehicles are already limited to turning speed, so It would benefit greatly, if we could track our enemies on radar more clearly without the need to face them head on.
    • Instanced training ground.
    No one likes to bargain. The game is new and unknown to newbies. It's human nature to search for the easiest solution for any kind of problem. Do you want to frustrate players with game mechanics to, even if player vs player harassment is unavoidable?
    • Game frame rate.
    The lower the pc system requirements and more flexible settings for adjustment to any pc, the more people will play in any f2p. We need MOAR frags! And it's common knowledge, that a high skill games need good pc=server response.
    • Multi faction membership espionage.
    Depends on how much Intel you can gather while being on the opposite faction. Can be solved by setting specific unlocks in-game. Something like 1-2 months of progression and game time played. The more features you add, the more security you should bring.
    • Fear of faction that will be out-gunned /dominated.
    Faction safe zone camping. It's a population issue. Faster unlocks, better firepower for the fewest.
    • Sleeping hours and artificial defense turrets and/or shields.
    A buffer defense feature buying ~5 minutes to respond. Best if you could get an sms to you mobile phone with a warning.
    • A tank with 2-3 manned turrets.
    Just to make air vs land combat equal if you manage to balance it out with MAX’es included.
    • Hack/spam report system.
    Speed hack’s and automatized targeting. If you gain ground and the game gets popular, they will come. Character selling is a business to.
    • Mobility. Counterattack delay.
    The drop capsule. It's just to strong if accessible on demand. No one likes an endless/mindless zergrush. Give trait unlocks to the best ranked players that enables them to write notes and place them on the map, to “strategically” suggest to “move” the Zerg on it's own will.
    • Narrow passes, meat grinder defense. Take the flag?
    A siege is kind of medieval relict. With no tools to make more “holes” in the fortification you are limited in options. For short - MAX’es heaven. You get you moneys worth of entertainment here. Until it becomes dull and ppl will want the take the flag objective to.
  2. Gr33D