[Suggestion] Roll back building systems

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by PSonline, May 29, 2023.

1. PSonline

The current building has too many drawbacks, longer construction time, too large a range can not be placed, the ability to support front-line operations is reduced.

I recommend rolling back the building to the previous version.
    • Up x 1
  2. RiP0k

I believe that the current Construction System can exist if there is invulnerability of structures in the presence of a repair module and the installation of modules will be as easy as possible. Then the Construction will be viable, albeit without a purpose.
    • Up x 1
  3. CommanderMacTavish

I believe the contrary is the case. The only annoying addition is the removal of the modules, but I actually kind of like the new system. While it's annoying to run from A to B, I can space out my constructions without worries over getting blasted. There's far more options (i.e, Durability Module is super powerful). Without passive cortium drain I don't need to babysit my bases and can instead focus on the frontline, while my base acts as a Stalemate / Support structure.

If anything, bases provide more support now than ever. Even as a Solo, I can build up a strong base in some time, since we have far more walls now and actually useful blast walls. I can actually build on large compounds and enjoy my time building.

It's far from perfect, there's many problems still. Structures still melt even if it's a "minor" attack. The Sentinel Spire still isn't in, which is a shame as it'd theoretically be perfect for the skyshield. Flails are overpowered now and need to be nerfed.

I was disappointed at first, but once I got used to it, I got good at it. I still don't use the Command Center, it's a useless tank shell magnet that just begs to be hacked by infiltrators. But everything else? Good stuff.
  4. Redfeather1975

The placement is what really bothers me. The command center is such a troll piece of gameplay. It takes way longer to figure out how to place it, then it takes to watch it build. That's not right.
    • Up x 1
  5. DobryiPupok

Sure, if you mean base which built not for fight but for router spire of cheap jets (or whatever for cortium).
    This sounds like a joke, cuz the main purpose of base is to have a good fights. Good fights - is the only reason to spend much time on constructions.
    • Up x 1
  6. KingSnuggler

The only issue I have with construction currently is now there is no shields for Rampart Walls, why? Also removing AI Modules from turrets was silly as well just because some noobs dont know how to counter automated turrets. Also making Skyshields limited now where any idiot wanting to harass can just drop thru now is ******** as well. Other than that TR on Emerald the other day had 2 platoons build and maintain a base during an entire alert and held it the entire time right in the middle of the map on Amerish and won because we maintained that base full of engineers and builders closing gaps etc was quite fun but shutting down access to squads only so idiots dont just place a bunch of crap down and not create entry for the enemy. Hitpoints for command centers need to be increased as well. A base should be brought down thru a concentrated effort not some lone tank plinking thinking hes being clever when all that happens they die more often than not. Same goes for the idiots that try overloading mods and just die over and over. Bring a army.

Give back auto turrets. Shields for walls via the module that already exists now. Revert the Skyshield back that deals damage to players or aircraft and make it one way again. How about one way shields for rebirthing stations so people cant spawn camp. My other praise is for adding more walls that was sorely needed and can now close and make a closed base even easier now with other players.
  7. KingSnuggler

Have to agree with the Flail. Kinda useless still especially if you cant shell actual static bases. I still want no deploy zones for artillery removed . If you can bomb and shell with vehicles and aircraft why wouldn't you be able to use artillery to do the same actual thing? Especially with bases that take forever to take over especially the bases in the middle of the map that take forever to flip. Artillery makes sense and its realistic in a war , not being able to deploy artillery on a static base makes no sense. Nerf damage of Flails but remove no deploy on bases cause most of the player bases knows not to linger outside of base zones. A tradeoff must be given for nerfing damage and relegate the Flail to crowd control and as a tool to wrest control of bases. Give a reason to use the Flail still , the Glaive needs a revamp and a new purpose besides EMP artillery which hardly anyone uses including me. Perhaps the Glaive can be used to EMP the fortress shields module and the outfit bubble shield as well. Or revamp the Glaive into a anti aircraft guided missile system which EMPs aircraft and shuts off power to aircraft for 3 to 5 seconds and power comes back. Ideas are what we need not just total nerfs with no tradeoff.
  8. TheMercator

This Turrets are way to weak to make them worth building as long as you actually have to man them.
    I know that flyers didn't like them as automated AA turrets could create a no fly zone without any palyers present, but there should be other ways to balance them without outright removing them.

Without the one way shields many structures like the Infantry Tower have become practically worthless, as you get immediatly shelled when trying to use them as elevated firing position.
  9. OSruinedPS1

https://steamcharts.com/app/218230#6m

"Oh boy shiny new toys"

"Back to zerging and pop dumping empty bases"

"Oh boy shiny new toys"

"Oh boy shiny new toys"

"Oh boy shiny new toys"

"Back to zerging and pop dumping empty bases" (are we here yet, or are we still in the shiny new toys phase?)
    • Up x 1
  10. OSruinedPS1

Two full platoons maintaining a static base that serves no strategic function in the middle of nowhere during an entire alert, against a smaller number of attacking players. Sounds like a recipe for losing the alert.
  11. Botji

I like the new stuff for construction but it was a very bad idea to remove AI turrets and pain spires, bases NEED a defensive advantage, its one of the main reasons you would want to build one.

Also not a big fan of the skyshield being limited to the BIG *** spawnrooms and similarly upscaled OS building. Makes building a semi-viable base on quite a lot of places not really possible because you simply dont have space for them and whatever you wanted to place there.

Its also a bit of a laugh that without automated turrets I can simply drive around in a Javelin and pop Silos in like 50 seconds and nothing is there to even inconvenience me.