[Suggestion] Roles?

Discussion in 'MAX' started by Maniac3255, Apr 11, 2017.

1. Maniac3255

So along with the other suggestions for the other classes I have posted I really had to think about the Max. One of the biggest things I see is could the MAX have a support role? MAYBE put a new tool for the max that allows it to heal//repair. Another could be that it sends an EMP pulse out around it. The max could have the ability to drop health and ammo for units around it. Other than the MAX being a air deterrent or anti infantry/ vehicle what could be added to give the MAX a role like a support max. A new ability to grant increase damage for all allies within a certain area around the max for a certain amount of time.
  2. BrbImAFK

No. The MAX is not a support class. If you want ammo/reps, find an engy. If you want heals, find a medic. If you want EMPs, bring an infil. None of these ideas bring anything new to the table, and ALL of them dilute the class system. Hard NO again.
  3. Maniac3255

Okay, so you think MAXs could never have a support kind of role?
  4. BrbImAFK

Nope. MAX's can have a support role, so long as it's a new support role. I see little point in spending dev time and effort to duplicate things that are already ingame in perfectly acceptable ways. Also, I'm totally against diluting the class system.

If I was to design a MAX specific support role, I'd try to stick with something that doesn't exist, and would add to the MAX's primary role.

So, for example, I see the MAX's primary role as heavy fire support / breaching. It's a bit of an overlap with the HA's intended role, but the HA shield has been nerfed so hard it's not really that useful for breaching points and stuff. So a MAX could, for example, give up one of his weapons in exchange for an item that lets him generate a shield, kinda like the Aegis shield NC MAX's have, except that it's wider than the MAX, allowing allies to breach through using the MAX and his shield as cover. It's probably not a perfect idea, and I'm sure people can poke holes in it, but that gives you some idea of how I would think about new things for the game.
  5. Maniac3255

ESPECIALLY considering the hardlight barrier just came out. Maybe the max could get a over shield deployable ability. The max could toss down a aoe shield that takes a certain amount of damage before going down. no one can shoot in or shoot out. explozives could get in.