Rocket to the Face

Discussion in 'MAX' started by FateJH, Jun 23, 2013.

1. FateJH

As a MAX, how do you deal with HAs when you see them drawing their rocket launchers in CQC? Killing the opponent is an obvious answer to give, but that's occasionally a nontrivial matter when it comes to Heavy Assaults, and making distance or getting cover, even with Charge, never gets to be an option compared to the speed of getting off a non-ADS dumbfire. Letting my allies travelling with me deal with it is okay, but that's just me ignoring my obligation to defend them as well as myself. I normally fault rockets about how "slow" they travel but at close range they may as well be just another bullet.

Engineers with rocket turrets are occasionally just as bad, but that's generally a longer/render distance concern.

Do I actually have any options other than to just take it like a tank?
  2. Paqu

Rocket and concussion grenade is usually the best way of fighting against MAX. And C4 of course. So there is not much you can do about it. Its usually a good idea to retreat for repairs when your healt goes down to 50% so one guy with a rocket launcher cant surprise and kill you. That way you shouldn't die very often to rockets even tho it gets annoying to constantly run after engineers.
  3. TrainerS2

Rocket in the face , or shotgun make no diferense = deth :D
  4. HeadshotVictim

NC: shield up to get rid of 50% of the damage (when the shield works properly this time) (you are dead anyway since he will just reload and kill you with his 3rd or 4th rocket)
    VS: just jump into cover, you are fast enough with your shiny, disco-MAX
    TR: you are fcked - sry
  5. Dargadon

CQC, you said? I usually charging in and starting to break faces in melee. If you can`t reach them with charge - it`s not CQC :rolleyes:
  6. Xasapis

Depends on the threat. I've had people missing my immobile max with their rockets and others that were godly at predicting where I would go. Generally speaking, if you are not near cover to begin with, then you're better off closing zoe, so you don't get insta-killed in the 50/50 chance he actually hits you. Beyond that, it's up to you to finish him off, before he does the same with his lmg.