Rocket Rifle back to the drawing board?

Discussion in 'Light Assault' started by Eternaloptimist, Aug 9, 2016.

1. Eternaloptimist

I hear it has been shelved while the devs re-think it - or is that just a rumour I picked up?
  2. Iridar51

Not a rumor, unfortunately. It's in the PTS patch notes.
  3. Eternaloptimist

It's a shame either way. I'm still persevering with learning to play LA effectively and I love the way they can get into all sorts of inconvenient places (a bit like sand on a day trip to the beach)..............but after maining engie I find the LA's lack of toys a bit of a downer from time to time.
  4. Iridar51

Don't know what to think about it. On one hand, I wasn't a fan of latest iteration of rocklet rifle, because its range was hard capped at 60m. So I'd be okay if they took it back to the drawing board and took another look. On another hand, it seems like they just ran into a few bugs, and once they're fixed, Rocklet could come back in the same shape and form, and of course it sucks to have delay.

Finally, they could by lying about bugs, and actually decided to not give LA a tool at all, or at least not in the form of rocklet rifle.
  5. Corezer

My suspicion...
  6. Targanwolf

You start a weapon project with certain results in mind. How can you be surprised when you don't like what you develop...and have to scrap the whole idea ???? ?
    Developing weapons for this game is not new.
  7. Zer0Dawn

Good that they scraped it its crap anyway.We know what we want they know what we want so ffs give us our freakin stand alone grenade launcher.And while they are at it fix so you can kill something with it cause right know is more of waterbaloon then greande launcher what we have in our carbine UBGLs.
  8. Alexkruchev

I was honestly more a fan of fixing the core class equipment to make sense with the class' role instead of giving it this awkward mixture of out-of-doors mobility with indoor/cqc weaponry. I also favored the Rockletrifle if only as it might distract LA's from devolving into the only way this class is played by the majority of players: as a C4 delivery unit. Honestly, I've started running a Kobolt on my ANT and just farming them- I see no less than 90% of LA's going for the C4 every time they see a vehicle- that they are successful more than half the time is another matter-...
    minor PSA here: C4 on the mining arms has a strong chance of splashing without damage, as does the proxy-radar I put on top, somehow, if the vehicle is moving backwards.
  9. SlugSniper

Could something like this be a potential candidate for a Light Assault tool?

10. Iridar51

It's basically a standalone launcher from OICW pretending to be a new thing.
  11. Ghoest

How about giving a weapon that is basically a slow fire version of the old Rocket greanade Launcher from 2142.
  12. Liewec123

just a little update, in a recent video wrel mentioned that the Rocklet Rifle might get resurrected in november,
    he didn't go into any more detail.

i just wanted to let you know that it isn't completely lost to the void of max flamethrowers and grenade launchers :p
    not just yet anyways
  13. Iridar51

He also posted on reddit that it is intended to be an accessible AA option for beginners. By default it will have AP ammo with no splash damage versus infantry, and flak rounds.
  14. Liewec123

i hope they go ahead and make the faction specific ammo that they had set up,
    faction flavour is the best thing about this game :)
    i was looking forward to all 3 versions and hope DBG stay with the idea :D
    • Up x 1