Rocket Pods post patch

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by MNO, Dec 12, 2012.

1. MNO

[IMG]

You can't nerf rocket pods, they nerf you.
    • Up x 3
  2. Tipsy McStagger

So long medic/engineer, it's been real.
  3. hostilechild

Yeah, i saw no difference to the pods. ESF did die faster to MAX.
    • Up x 1
  4. Varben

Hunting down vulnerable infantry didn't dissapear with rocket pod changes. Honestly, outside of removing them I can't ever see that going away. Planes can go anywhere, so you can always find dudes to shoot.
    • Up x 1
  5. bPostal

I think I'm missing something here...what's the point?
  6. Recca

The only thing they nerf is stupid ESF pilots, decent pilots will still get kills.
    • Up x 1
  7. JP_Russell

He's saying rocket pods are still perfectly lethal to infantry despite their max damage radius being halved (I.E., there are two radii to explosions that determine damage - an inner radius where the maximum damage is always dealt, and an outer radius in which damage falls off linearly as you approach the edge of it - so the rocket pods' blast radius has been pseudo-nerfed).
  8. sadf

Spent the night farming with my pods.
    Honestly,if they would not have told me about the nerf,i would not have noticed it on my own.
  9. bPostal

Ah. Thanks :D

Now for a proper reply to the OP...At least it makes me feel better!
  10. MNO

RAWWWWKIT PAWWWDDSSS YEEEEEE.

^^ Sums up the making of this thread.

Flak does hurt a lot more. But its still too easy sometimes, not because pods are OP, but because the majority of players would rather keep spawning and being farmed while trying to escape, than spawn an AA max or something and stop me.

One AA Max with decent aim and prediction can scare me right off. Two will sit me down on my ****, just no one bothers.
    • Up x 3
  11. overcorpse

ESF die easily to MAXs now.i got more ESF kills in a one and a half hour play session than i did since the game went live.I was stood next to a Lolguard thou so who knows.
    • Up x 2
  12. Phyr

Could have been 0/80 if anyone with a brain pulled a dual burster.
    • Up x 2
  13. MNO

True dat.

Although I like to think I could avoid it. They really hurt now, like a lot. ANY MORE whine about rocket pods, and you know they're just braindead and refuse to pull out AA themselves.
    • Up x 2
  14. Thardus

That's the key word there. Vulnerable. If you're not out in the open, Rocket Pods aren't an issue.
  15. Naj

I haven't noticed a difference with rocket pods at all. If there was no mention in the patch notes I wouldn't have known they were changed in any way.
  16. Conq

Pods need to be removed and their certs refunded. They are killing infantry combat which is the core of gameplay. When it breaks down, so does the game. PS2 is already loosing players at an alarming rate and allowing multiple characters per server is a prelude to server merges.

Everything is going down hill, this same thing happened in beta and people just stopped playing until it was fixed.
    • Up x 1
  17. jackrandom

AHHHHHHHHHHHHH YEAH, ROCKET PODS OWNED J00!
  18. Phrygen

well the scythe is the best at rocket poding.
  19. Kameho

I noticed a major change against rocket pods with my lib at least.

I got fully armored up liberator, and a Scythe was podding my lib, all shots hit, i only took 20% damage.

Instead of getting insta-***** like i used to.
    • Up x 2
  20. MNO

I play more infantry than I do air, and in the past week I think I've died to rocket pods like 5 times, and all of those times were when I was being camped into a spawn room - in which case the fight was already lost.

If you're dying to rocket pods a lot, you need to get out of the Battlefield mentality, and start using your brain. Get AA? Spawn somewhere different? Get on those AA turrets? Repair those AA turrets? Run in cover? Attack their nearest Tower, thus making it more difficult to rearm or repair once you've taken it?

There's a tonne of options. You can't keep spawning on that Sunderer over and over and then complain.

And the same thing did not happen in beta.
    • Up x 1