Rocket pods dogfrom 500 to 143. Hornets from 1500 to 500.

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Cyropaedia, Apr 19, 2017.

1. Cyropaedia

This is no incremental adjustment. Air support game and larger air meta will die. Other nerfs for ground vehicles too. Sad day for vehicle game.
  2. HisokaTheRed

The old system was there for a reason although it was indeed convoluted. New system streamline longer TTK, you can no longer kill a tank in the front if there is a rep sunday+1 engi. The side and front are all considered old front armour now.

On the bright side, they either overlooked this, or could be intentional.

Also every tank main gun will 1 shot an esf now*, lightnings HESH/HE included. Prowlers get the perk of two chances.

*Prowler Heat only puts you at 10%. Hesh 1%.
    • Up x 1
  3. Cyropaedia

So the new ecosystem works against all vehicles but MBTs come out on top? I am worried that - comparatively - Hornets will be a pea shooter (current Pelter rockets). Is there a video of new Hornets against Armor?
  4. WTSherman

Hmm, that's especially odd since the patch notes didn't say anything about any change to ESF resistances to anything other than the infantry rocket launcher type. Seems to be an undocumented feature here.
  5. HisokaTheRed

Yea, I did some testing. Only uploaded the hornets one since thats all I cared about. I made playlist of hornets vs new armour for youtube. The tank testing can be found on my twitch.

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLEPdd2dMbt7BLIawPX_f0t7dvwAaRj5x8

https://www.twitch.tv/hisokathered/videos/all
  6. Tankalishious

Plz. Rearpodding/hornetting vehicles was one of the easiest things to do in the game. Even if dmg goes down, so does resists, dropping vehicles will still be a breeze
  7. AllRoundGoodGuy

Especially with the -100 armor in the rear...
  8. MonnyMoony

You can't just look at the raw damage output of the weapon though.

The reason weapon damage values have changed so much is because resistances to those weapons have also changed. You need to take both damage and resistance of the target into account to work out the true damage dealt.
  9. Kristan

It still gonna take 5 volleys to destroy a Prowler/Magrider and 6 for Vanguard. Ain't much changed.