Rocket Launcher Primary needs to go

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Clay, May 12, 2014.

1. Mustarde

Frags took a pretty heavy nerf a while back. I agree they feel pretty lack-luster. Perhaps there is a middle ground between where they are and where they used to be? As it stands, I use the specialty grenades for almost every class except LA because I don't like flash grenades.

I was responding to one of the many posts by Shrapnelking. Sorry that wasn't very clear. Hey u know who I haven't rocketed yet? :)
    • Up x 1
  2. Posse

I don't think you want to start a rocket war

[IMG]
    • Up x 2
  3. TheShrapnelKing

Didn't read it.

So, if you're good you'll kill people with it and if you're not you won't. Like...every other weapon. It seems to be the unique fact that it can be OHK that seems to be making people like you pissed off.

Let me put it this way:

Just because it's OHK doesn't mean it's not fair you got killed with it.

What you all apparently want to do is to ALWAYS be able to return fire when someone hits you, meaning gameplay does not reward surprise but being able to keep your aim on target for a few seconds. You want every firefight to be some kind of honorable shootout where everyone always has a chance to recover from taking the first hit.

And you know what I think about that? I don't CARE. He got the first shot in with a bigass rocket launcher, if eh aimed it properly he deserves the kill. Get over it and respawn.
    • Up x 5
  4. Drippyskippy

No basic positioning of using cover is FPS 101, that doesn't make you a good player. A simple widely known tactic doesn't make you a good player. I guess if you camp doorways with a shotgun you would consider that being a good player too? Because your positioning yourself in a corner near a doorway in a CQC environment with a weapon built for CQC. I say grats you know how to use a weapon/position yourself, its a start to becoming a better player, but it doesn't make you a good player.

You have once again proven a point for me, thank you. The point of if you are caught by surprise with a pistol or reloading you should be at a disadvantage. If i'm in the middle of lining up to shoot a tank with a rocket launcher and an infantry player surprises me from behind and I turn around quickly enough to fire and hit a rocket to OHK them then I just won. They caught me by surprise, but since I have one of the most versatile weapons (rocket launcher) in the game I still won the fight. I'm surprised we have different opinions on rocket primary's since you are helping prove my points.
  5. Corezer

You know what's sad? SOE's apparent inability to figure it out! Of tanks are any indication, just like c4, rockets will be nerfed, then the scrubs will move on to something else...
    • Up x 1
  6. Jaquecz

*whine*
    waah explosives hitting me directly kills me waah.
    what the hell did you expect.
    YOUR GETTING SHOT IN THE FACE WITH A ROCKET.
    you know, an explosive.
    What the hell did you think should happen, for it to take 2 rockets to the face to kill a person made out of FLESH and BLOOD.
    We got ourselves a VERY SMART INDIVIDUAL.
    • Up x 3
  7. Pineapple Pizza!

They really need to let you hold grenades; It's the reason nobody uses anything except conc and emp. They don't need to hit like dalton rounds if you let people control them, but if for some reason they do, it's not too hard for devs to wiggle a few numbers.

As for rockets, they need to keep their splash-damage, but I see nothing wrong with removing their direct-damage vs infantry. The ability to one-shot infantry with rockets does not add anything to infantry combat, and I'm really surprised that people are arguing to keep it in the game.
  8. Pineapple Pizza!

Also, stop calling it a 'Rocket Primary' ffs, that's incredibly dumb. It's just a rocket, he shot you with a rocket. You ate a rocket.

If Slyy ran around with a commissioner all day instead of a decimator, would you say he was a Pistol Primary noob? If I threw a tankmine at your max and shot it, would that be a Tank Mine Primary?
    • Up x 4
  9. Posse

Nope, holding grenades would be ridiculously overpowered in a game such as planetside 2, the density of players in any given fight is much higher than in any other FPS.
  10. BITES

Are we talking in third person now?.... because you seem to be referring to self.

Jesus .... it just goes on ... quite simply it refers to someone using a secondary weapon normally utilized for a purpose or role .. as a primary (eg in place of their rifle/smg/etc).

Wow people amaze me, mainly that they were able to install the game by themselves.
    • Up x 2
  11. MajiinBuu

Rockets have always killed people in 1 shot, why all this QQ now? This is just the latest "nerf what killed me" trend
    • Up x 5
  12. Whatupwidat

If you're getting rocketed repeatedly it's probably because you're in a meat grinder battle at Biolabs or something - just redeploy and find some people trying to take their satellite base.
    • Up x 2
  13. Pineapple Pizza!

Can't you just lower the damage and increase the resource cost? You have armies of goons with lashers, maxes, revive grenades and grenades that already detonate instantly and remove people's ability to play the game for 4 seconds, and yet a frag grenade with an already-nerfed splash radius would be overkill, regardless of additional nerfs?
    • Up x 1
  14. Posse

You can coordinate with another guy and it would be the same, this game has enough instakills already.
  15. Dudinatorman

Because suddenly more people found out just how useful it is over the LMG as far as killing people in such a short time span, one hit one kill, but then again most of the ranges that it is good at a pump action shotgun would be just as effective, but at the same time it has longer range than a pump action as well, so adding slugs to it makes it not be the one hit kill you want it to be.
    Rocket pros are on the loose because it's pretty much just a Flavor of the Month thing that is going around and people are going for what gets it done easier.
    So long as it kills you it should be nerfed, we need to nerf bat everything, in fact if it doesn't benefit me it should be nerfed because the only way to play this game is with standard issue weapons, no attachments, no suit slots, heavy only, Final Destination.
    • Up x 2
  16. Devrailis

Planetside 2 would be much better if we removed:

- Tanks (All kinds)
    - Aircraft
    - Maxes
    - Rockets
    - Grenades
    - Mines
    - Cloaking
    - Overshield
    - Jetpacks
    - SMGs
    - Shotguns
    - Sniper Rifles
    - Knives

This list is just from a quick scan from posts covering the past 2 months.

Feel free to add to the list, I know the rest of Forumside will. ;)

EDIT:

Here's the grand list of things that actually needed a nerf during this period.

- Lightning Viper Turret
    • Up x 2
  17. Hoseheadsux

Rocket launcher to the face shouldn't kill me.... Interesting way of looking at it. I too prefer a rocket loaded with kisses.
  18. MrK

To all "It's a rocket, it should kill you", please SOE, bring back OHK Phoenix. By everyone's standard, there's no reason this has been nerfed, "it's a rocket, it should OHK", because you know, we're playing a real freaking business, here, people. We're at WAR like the big guys! I'm a tough soldier!
    Or are we playing a game without a hint of realism, perhaps?
  19. Clay

Here, have this tissue.

- Devrailis (just a farmer anyway ;))

No, we already have a crossbow loaded with kisses. Use that one.

nice stats. This list contains more cheese than swiss.:D

People have always discussed gameplay mechanics in this forum, why all this QQ now? This is just the latest "hate everyone on forumside who want to change something" trend.
    • Up x 2
  20. FishMcCool

You forgot empire-specific weapons and pop imbalance. Forumside 2 is a 12v12 deathmatch played in a giant room with a NS pistol.
    • Up x 2