Roadmap: infil update not happening until April+?

Discussion in 'Infiltrator' started by ISKNausicaa, Jan 11, 2014.

1. ISKNausicaa

Just had a look at the roadmap, le sigh..
  2. Plague Rat

Higby said on Thursday's command center it was slated for February and would happen before the Liberator update which is slated on the Roadmap for March. It's likely just an oversight.
  3. DeadliestMoon

Did you seriously use "le"? Are you using fake french?
  4. ISKNausicaa

yes i was, a rather sadder version of:

Cheers plague, i really hope so we have been waiting the better part of a year for this :)
  5. drNovikov

So far, we got only nerfed:
    1. Darts visible on the minimap.
    2. Hackable infantry terminals removed.
    3. Flash Fury nerfed into uselessness.
    4. As a cloaked transport, Flash is 4 times more expensive now.
    • Up x 1
  6. Plague Rat

Silver linings and reality checks:
    1. It used to very clearly mark your exact position for any enemy within 40m before they did this.
    2. They mentioned they were going to give us things to hack in the resource overhaul.
    3. It was a rapid fire OHK machine, we all knew it was coming.
    4. Most assets got their resource costs raised, they wanted the investment to be more meaningful and the vehicle/MAX to less disposable. Up to that point it had been cheaper to pull a flash than to throw a grenade.

And since you're focusing solely on negative and completely disregarding the positive:
    - They made nano-armor cloak infinitely more usable with a timer rework.
    - They gave scout rifles multiple quality of life passes to make them more usable/versatile and give them a niche.
    - They reworked sniper rifles and nanoweave so a low cert investment couldn't cap OHK ranges at ~80m
    - They removed sway on iron-rail sniper variants.
    - They stopped letting IRNV scopes and optics highlight cloaked infiltrators.

Not to mention a bunch of other changes that benefit the infiltrator class, like releasing SMGs, Wraith cloak, separate sensitivities for ADS and scope, nerfing scout radar to not be a set and forget base wide cloak spotting detection, and more. And as far as class overhauls go, infiltrator is still being prioritized first for new content.

TLDR: Don't be a Negative Nancy. (Unless your name is Nancy, then just don't be negative to the point where you ignore the good stuff.)
    • Up x 1
  7. Wayfar

Bet you can't wait for dat drone huh?
  8. Plague Rat

Also looking forward to new rifles, new melee, stalker cloak, new deployable sensors, potentially getting our own slice of meta in the resource overhaul and all the other stuff they mentioned having planned for infis. And yep, even the drone. I like doing the recon stuff.

I think it's so funny that people have already convinced themselves it's going to suck when all we've had is the barest glimpse of it, none of which of it's function. When people always assume the negative like that they're likely to miss out on a lot of cool stuff in life, then die angry.
  9. CuteBeaver

I want this :)
    http://i.imgur.com/EMgKytq.jpg

Id give up darts to equip this. Especially after those frustrating moments when you end up catching a few tank rounds like a football.

In any case, I shall keep dreaming since its only leaked information from last summer, and hasn't been announced or anything.
  10. ZillFattak

No orbital strikes pls. Fixes for existing bugs would already be more than I expect from the update that should have happened... how long ago is it now? Tbh I have gotten used to the way the class is currently. Just fix those nasty bugs. Oh and a decent 1x iron sight on my Commmissioner would be nice.
  11. Plague Rat

IIRC someone asked about the orbital strike on the last command center. I believe the response was "Not currently being worked on" or something to that effect, so it doesn't look like we'll be seeing it in the upcoming update.

Honestly I feel like there needs to be a few more systems in place before something like that can come into play and be regulated to any degree of sanity. But still... sooo shiny .
    • Up x 1
  12. AnuErebus

They just updated the infil post on the roadmap. It's slated for february as expected.
    • Up x 3
  13. Tenebrae Aeterna

That's fine by me, more time to get it right.
  14. ISKNausicaa

Brill, I know it's not set in stone but it makes me glad to see it it a bit more concrete at least.