RIP Air Hammer

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by SebDollar, May 2, 2013.

1. SebDollar

Dedicated to my old friend, M30 the Mustang AH

Back on release, everyone told me i was crazy for using you. "You just need to cert it up" i told them - but they only laughed at us. Soon people started to realize that You were fun to play with, and you became the cool kid in school. But there is a price for being to popular, and now i'm afraid that it is your turn to face the SOE Nerf Hammer. It was a good run as long as it lasted, but now you are destined to collect dust at an old NC weapons depot along with the Jackhammer. But don't you worry, by the looks of things, the Fury will join you soon, so you will be in good company.

Sincerly,
    Seb
    • Up x 5
  2. sindz

It was OP, typical NC behavior, just like their scatMAX they tried so hard to defend.
    • Up x 2
  3. Total_Overkill

Arent you still able to alpha strike an ESF? Doesnt it only add up to 3 extra shots against a Lib?
    Never seen anyone use it against tanks (err... successfully at any rate) , but infantry should still instagib.
  4. GamerOS

I would advise using it against infantry or Tanks, you have to fly way to low to effectivly hit (increasing chance to hit some geometry) and you are to close to enemy AA and other ground fire...
    Not to mention it does laughable damage against tanks, a rocket pod is much better in all situations.

Personally I wish we could switch the air hammer for either the PPA or the Banshee, preferably the seconds one, as I think those weapons would fill a niche no other weapon on the reaver fills.
  5. Nyscha

Good riddance, it was overpowered against air, hopefully the nerf was enough.
  6. SgtBreastroker

The MAX wasn't OP though. It excelled at what it was meant to.

Blame SoE for not giving the other MAXes shotguns.
    • Up x 1
  7. Oreo202

I like how it was a 25 damage nerf and everyone is pretending like the world has ended.
    • Up x 2
  8. Kapernum

Per pellet.
    • Up x 3
  9. PhilDun

In all fairness, the nerf is PER PELLET. The total damage loss per shot will be some multiple that.
    • Up x 2
  10. CrazyLeprechaun

Goodbye dearest friend. I will always remember the good times and the bad times...You were so cute when I didn't have the Certs to increase your magsize and we couldn't kill a single ESF because of the constant reloading so we just stuck to Infantry, but eventually we got there. I still remember when I got the 3rd rank of the magsize ((I think I shed a tear on that day)) it was beautiful I could finally be on the same level as the Vortek. I'll admit I had some problems with good ESF pilots that would stay at medium range and completely reck me, but we eventually got better and still killed some of them. I loved you so much, but sadly we must part. I just can't kill things fast enough by the time their on fire I'm already inside enemy territory getting shot out of the sky by AA where as the Vortek can shoot down ESFs so much faster. Goodbye friend, ally, companion, I will always miss you.:(
    • Up x 4
  11. ItsJustDash

• Up x 2
  12. EvilPhd

It's all part of the grand plan to make everything :eek: SLAPPERS ONLY :eek:
  13. St0mpy

The nerf was insignificant, the OP is making a song and dance about a small 7% tweak on a weapon which outperforms (in published stats) not only its class mates but all the other nose guns too.
  14. Terrarion

avid ah user here. finally its time to lay the hammer down and use vortek. i do not mind the nerf but a little surprised at the decision to do so. either way i am more effective now so whinners beware you will still die and in even more situations that hammer couldnt reach xD
  15. Spartan3123

Typical Vanu players allways QQing the most...

firstly shotguns are MEANT to be strong at close quarters ie inside biolabs since they are virtually useless at long range, but people still complain. Even before the patch a TR max could easily kill an NC max at medium to long ranges and ranges of around 10-20m if the NC max does not charge forward how is this OP?

The M30 is situational it only kills quickly at very close range

people need to change their mentality as in 0HK = OP.
  16. Kviatkers

*spit* That thing was a monster in dogfights, I hope it stays dead for good.
  17. Sminky

They seem determined to ruin anything fun. I always found it a fun if worse option to the vortex. I was always thought it was UP, but made a great sound. Do see why the nerf was needed. You have to get so stupidly close to anything for it too work it was almost suicide, but great for exciting straffing runs,
  18. MarioPIe

right, getting to close to a scatmax is OP. you cant hit jack if attacking from more than two feet. okay, OP if you are caught off guard. How are Shotguns an overpowered general idea? They are a Niche-ish weapon only effective in CQB. So tell me. when was the scatmax OP?
  19. MarioPIe

I actually Won my first dogfight with the airhammer. using the aferburner to get close and slapping pellets in his face!
  20. MarioPIe

right and the knife is OP against because you can 2 shot. Lets Be honest, if you allow them to get that close, then YOU are doing something wrong.
    • Up x 2