Ridiculous overreactions, the Devs have lost the plot

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by iller, Mar 31, 2020.

1. iller

2. Gooyoung

I was thinking about the same thing

If u and ur outfit average KD is below 4, forget about joining or winning outfit war lewl

Not that I am interested in joining anyway since now it's gonna be full of ADAD crouch spamming betelgeuse HA or CQC infil bolter all with some aimbot
    • Up x 3
  3. iller

The thing is... you COULD have a "collective" TACTICAL score by your outfit that's way higher than the guys who just corner peak to click on heads all day... But Coordination is not what it looks like they're actually trying to measure here. ...Getting AS MANY of your Squadmates on the same floor and shooting lane, isn't being measured AT ALL here. Infact I'm worried they're going to be hardcapping medic revive points too. I already had a hard enough time getting SEEN on the hex scoreboard before this as a medic.... now it's all but guaranteed that I'm figurative Deadweight even though supports like us are often the only thing keeping "GOOD FIGHTS" going a lot of the time! :eek:
    • Up x 2
  4. SteelMantis

Good changes, I don't think it's perfect but at least its a move in the right direction.

I mostly play as engineer and medic and while the loss of rearm/rez points are regrettable I think it is necessary to stop stat padders. I'm still concerned that the zergfits are going to be able to win by splitting into a lot of ten man groups and get more points playing poorly at all the bases than a smaller better team playing well at a few.

At least it will shake up the zergfit meta and lead to them winning control of less bases which hopefully will reduce the Bastion spam. Which, at least to me, is a much better problem.
    • Up x 1
  5. iller

This is where you couldn't be more wrong because the BIG lattice roller zergs are now already talking about using their full resources to just camp the Spawn points with even more degenerate bullcrap like unavoidable splash damage from Vehicles overlooking said points ...some of those vehicles placed there by literal exploits, others just the usual A2G farming that made this game so miserable back when it launched in 2012. ...and since the "Smaller" "skilled" outfits are still outnumbered, there's nothing to protect them from being removed from the equation manually either via coordinated 4th factioning, or straight up well timed TK'ing

Whatever that case is ...don't sound like such a gullible simp, Wrel does it enough already for the Both of you, PLUS your dog, PLUS your Mother's Husband who raised you to think this way
  6. SteelMantis

If you can't communicate in a civil manner I have nothing further to say to you.
  7. DankBudha

Seems weird to me to take away medic revive points since you don't get those unless an enemy kills you, and the fact that medics are crucial to any fight/base capture being successful. But, a FPS game with such poor net code that I quite literally get killed fully behind a wall a few times a day trying to have League type competitive play is also weird and a bit funny.
    • Up x 3
  8. Demigan

So instead of scoring based on teamplay, coordination and self-sacrifice, they decide to make the biggest farmers the scorers for the outfits!
    I'm not surprised, they've mishandled teamplay and coordination since day 1.

They could have done something like put weight factors into it, so that the XP of exploitable actions arent counted. Or they could give a tiny bit of score for an exploitable action, but increase that score based on how effective it was. For example: reviving gives 10 score but that score will increase if the target lives longer and acrues more score while alive. This encourages reviving at a proper time. Ammo packs would also give tiny scores but if a player actually reaches the point where his ammo would have been dry and starts shooting the ammo he received you get more points (assuming the players actuall6 gain XP with those shots!). That way you are encouraged to keep players who are running out of ammo going rather than dumping ammo boxes randomly.
    • Up x 4
  9. pnkdth

It is actually impressive how backwards this update is. Like, "Hai guys, Wrel here with some updates which are supposed to bring outfits to the forefront but actually no, what really matters is your MLG danktastic KDR and sick dasanfall profile. #YOLO #MtnDew #Doritos #sponsored #MLG
    • Up x 2
  10. Liewec123

One step forwards twelve steps back, new name, same DBG.

It is good that only the top 10 players per outfit are counted,
    So an outfit with 12 people can now have a chance against a zergfits with 30 people.

But removing spawn, revive, repair, resupply, recon from the list is EXTREMELY unhealthy,
    I can already hear the zergfits "NO DON'T REPAIR THAT MAX, JUST KEEP SHOOTING!"
    This patch encourage people not to support their allies, and instead mindlessly focus on kills...

It also makes braindead-bastion and Orbital BS even more attractive because kills win the base,
    Farm away zergfits farm away...

You'd be forgiven for thinking thelse ridiculous patch notes are an April Fools joke,
    but then you remember, it's DBG.
    • Up x 6
  11. Fisheyed

People were abusing it. I saw people dieing outside the door, in line of sight, of the enemy spawn room and constantly getting revived by outfit medics from inside of the building.

If you repair the max, the max can get more kills.
  12. Grenadiac

For a combined arms, diverse role game. This has got to be the worst update for non-KDR farming ***holes. Saying medics mean nothing to the contribution of a base capture is ridiculous. Now the only thing that matters is high KDR. rewarding selfish play and devaluing all else.
    • Up x 2
  13. TRspy007

yeah you pretty much summed it up. It was unfair that zergfits could just do "nothing" and still "steal" the base from the small squad who actually did all the work, but there's some changes that just don't add up.

Removing xp for spawns; really??? It's not like people rushed to place them, really the 5 xp you get per spawn in large fights doesn't do much for you. You need at least 50 spawns to make 1 cert, compared to 2 kills, 1 gen overload, one capture point. Even with the 10xp router spawns, you're going to tell me people farmed that? Same with the repair/resupply and all. Most people don't do their "jobs" as support roles, we have engineers glued to turrets while they have 3 maxes behind them begging for repairs and not one pack of ammo dropped in 48+ fights, and suddenly they tell us people were "farming" these meaningless xp amounts? Pretty silly and doesn't encourage teamwork.

Also, am I stupid or could this patch have waited till after the first outfit war? Correct me if I'm wrong but there seemed to be more pressing issues like the server issues, orbital strike spamming, shields at tech plants not going down or maybe the fact THE BASTION SHOOTS THROUGH SPAWN ROOMS!!!!! I don't think resetting the outfit wars on such short notice was really a priority, even though almost every outfit zerged and ghost-capped their way to the board, I mean, it's not like this even changes much for the outfits, it just makes zerging even more valuable to them cuz it's the only way they'll earn xp. Not sure what impact it will have on the boards, but I highly doubt they'll be much different than now.

Ofc, I'm far from surprised, but it's always stupefying to see the team's priorities.
    • Up x 2
  14. Demigan

When I opened the notes the first time today it said they were posted "yesterday". Now I see it was posted today, april the first... could this be a failed attempt at an april fools joke?
    • Up x 2
  15. AngelTyrael

i suddenly understandwhy i died to so many suicidal kamikaze players *sigh*
  16. Pelojian

based on my experiences of this year's april fools, people have lost the concept of 'joke' for april 1st. 95% of the 'jokes' are irritating trolling, baiting and uncreative nonsense. (it's even infected discord, server specific moderators think it's funny to segregate userbase for april 1st)

the only joke i found remotely thought out was one website domain replacing their ads making genuine fun of it's users with joke advertisements and the ads link to pages on their website.
    • Up x 2
  17. iller

Calling your ACTIONS into question is not the same as calling your person into it. Not only saying you trust them nearly entirely, but then going on to reinforce the case for their decisions is being called into question for this very IMPORTANT reason right here:

This approach to Non-Transparency for "security reasoning" has NEVER worked in all the history of Daybreak development and it worked even less under SOE ...we've been through this for 7 years. They could hide the entire Stats API infact but it wouldn't stop every method of figuring out what's affecting the math and what isn't. And it's usually extensively tested and figured out first by the very same Exploiters who were literally breaking the game this past week to blow everyone else out of the water on the Leaderboard. You think they're going to stop figuring this stuff out just because it isn't listed neatly for everyone else??

If you won't stand up for complete transparency for everyone... especially the Casuals, then your actions SHOULD be called into question when you attempt to rationalize all of this favoritism and "Picking of Winner and Losers". Civil indeed! ...civilized behavior only comes about when EVERYONE is welcomed into fold to be educated and given the opportunity to excel

There are way more intelligent ways of addressing this problem than just saying "OKAY now NO ONE GETS to use it". Especially for anyone who's had even the slightest bit of boolean/case conditional programming experience in their past which sadly I haven't seen any evidence that their own Designers could be included in. ....I'm just a pixel-monkey and even I learned to code C++ & # on my own all the way back in highschool. What's their Excuses??
    • Up x 1
  18. OgreMarkX

If the dev team is doing anything reward-related tied to KDR, then it's not a dev team.
    • Up x 1
  19. Bagger1971

This is A BS UPDATE NOT the large outfits fault the small ones won't grow, by their choice. KEEP Breaking the game DBG
  20. iller