Ribbons are meaningless...

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Chiss, May 18, 2013.

1. Chiss

Currently, you just have 10% of your kill count in ribbons. This is extremely boring, and means nothing.

I'd love ribbons to be awarded for meaningful things;

Capturing awarded after capture/defense
    5 kills while capturing a base
    5 kills while defending a base

Kill Streak (kills within 8s of each other) awarded upon killstreak end
    2 kills
    3 kills
    100 kills

Kill Count (total during your life) awarded upon death
    10 kills within your life
    20 kills within your life
    1000 kills within your life

These are just some rubbish examples, but please, give them some meaning!
  2. St0mpy

mine give me certs, thats not meaningless, well not for me, im always poor :(
    • Up x 6
  3. WalrusJones

You do get them for capturing points, being around when a base turns/is defended, and doing teamplay thingies.
    • Up x 1
  4. Upgraded434

Ribbons reward you for using a weapon and encourage you to go and defend and capture.
    • Up x 1
  5. VSDerp

it gives me certs so i can't complain
    • Up x 2
  6. Chiss

I mean give ribbons for actually achieving something special... currently you just get them for playing the game.
    You may as well just get "ONLINE RIBBON" for being online.
  7. WalrusJones

WE do, just without the visual indicator: 12 certs a day is almost as much free XP as 5 ribbons.
  8. Chiss

Seriously... no one else cares? You all just play the game to grind certs? Sheesh...
  9. Upgraded434

Look ribbons award new players as well as vets so if you cap a small outpost and get three certs you also get an extra two cause there encouraging you to play objectively
  10. WalrusJones

No, I think that ribbons are as pointless as certs.

I play the game to play the game, with a very slight slant of winning.

No statistic, achievement, or unlock system can measure this, hence, this isn't really a bother.
  11. Chiss

But... Ribbons could be used to make the game more fun, theyre just boring now...
  12. Bankrotas

Ribbon is not a medal, IMO. Let me check now, yep, not a medal...
  13. Xind

I kind of like your "On one life" ribbons. One for a ridiculous total of revives, one for roadkill, and one for stabbings. Minimum of 10.
  14. Chiss

What?
  15. }{ellKnight

While I don't dislike your ideas I don't mind the way they're currently implemented. They're just a little extra on the side, they're not achievements.

Like someone else said your ideas would be better implemented as one time medals similar to the kill medals we get for the various guns.
  16. moooosa

That IS the main objective of the game. In its current form anyway. And it doesn't look like SOE has plans to change that soon.
  17. daicon

Ribbons aren't achievements... But I think Achievements will probably be getting added in later.
  18. Nathaniak

-Ammo Ribbon - 50 ammo resupplies
    -Point Capture Ribbon -capture 10 points
    -Sabotage Ribbon - destroy 3 generators
    -Watchful Ribbon -stabilise 3 generators
    -Crowning Glory Ribbon - capture the Crown
  19. pnkdth

That is kind of the point. I don't have to grind certs to get some extra certs. I log in, do my thing, and that's that. Also, yes, I do care about certs because that is the only meaningful currency in the game. I use to get weapons, attachments, abilities, and so on. I do not have the time to grind for hours upon hours, and when I do play I do not want to sit at the Crown or in a Bio lab farming certs because I find that activity to be a massive waste of time.

So yeah, I like ribbons because I do not have to resort to "farming certs" all the time in order to get something meaningful(develop my character) out of the game.
  20. iller

That's probably my favorite thing about 'em.

Being one of those ppl who kills lots of dudes fast all the time is its own reward, they don't need frikkin ribbons for that.
    But support does need help...

And where's our Ribbons for doing Infiltrator stuff? ...speaking of which