Rhino vs. Bull, new niches?

Discussion in 'Heavy Assault' started by Wind_Walker, Oct 31, 2015.

1. Wind_Walker

Wth the LMG update, it seems the Rhino and Bull (and their faction equivalents, idk what they are) have some difference finally.

The question: what niches do these updated rifles fill now, if any? NC and VS, you know the faction equivalents (I hope). Feel free to place your input for your faction :D
  2. Eternaloptimist

I have always found that for me, the recoil is easier to manage on those two you mention, plus the Polaris and the EM1, admittedly with compensator and fore grip where available. Their accuracy seems to be unaffected by range. Maybe the downside (or balance, if you prefer) is that they still seem to have weaknesses compared to other LMGs, whether that is RoF or dmg per bullet or something else. I like all of them and with the longer maximum damage range I can see them being all-rounder weapons or good for medium range ADS combat now. The changes to most other LMGs (particularly the Anchor) seem to encourage more use of hip fire - for CQC I guess.
  3. Eternaloptimist

Um.........completely misread your post. Sorry. Apart from Bull still having faster muzzle velocity and RoF the only difference I can see is that the Rhino packs a bit more punch at medium range now. I think the Bull was always a superior Rhino but had fewer reloads (until the LMG change) and that hasn't really altered. I just think the changes have closed the gap between the 'best' and 'worst' LMGs generally and maybe started to differentiate between CQC and mid range LMGs a bit more
  4. pnkdth

With the updated stats the Rhino(and its counter-parts the Polaris and EM1) is very much viable in CQC due to damage falling off much slower than other weapons. Additionally, since the Rhino has top tier bullet velocity the reduced FSM(1.5 down from 2.0) makes it an extremely versitile weapon, able to contend at close quarters and mid/long range alike.

At this point I'm having a hard time deciding which one a like more. In fact, I'm pretty happy to suddenly be having a hard time deciding on which LMG I like more.
  5. Khallixtus

I like both of the guns. I still prefer the Rhino for those really long range fights, where the almost nonexistent horizontal recoil allows for easy hits. The increase in minimum damage is interesting, but I still think I will take the Bull for CQC, simply due to the fact that it can hipfire decently. However, if there was no indoors fighting, the Rhino would be my immediate pick. The Bull has great versatility, because at mid range it keeps its headshot capabilities really high, and has good CQC.

I've Auraxiumed both guns, I have always used both guns, and I will keep using both guns.