Rework nanoweave armor into a suit that make you amini-MAX suit

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Halkesh, Jun 29, 2018.

1. Halkesh

The main problem with nanoweave armor (NWA) is it's the best option 90% of the time because it will be useful nearly everytime, which lead to make other suit poor choices.

I think the solution, other that removing NWA entirely, could be to rework the suit to add drawback and make it more powerful against small weapons, so there will be moment where it shine and other where you should avoid using it. I think this kind of pro/con is more healthy than the current "always a good choice".

About what to change, I propose this :
    • Now only have 1 rank that is unlocked by default on all classes
    • Only protect against small weapons (no longer protect against other damage types)
    • Resistance to small weapon is increased to 50% and it also reduce headshot damage but don't stack with implant, HA resist shield nor this resistance apply on HA adrenaline shield and NMG
    • Reduce your shield by 250 which reduce your total health+shield to 750 (carapace will reduce your shield to 0 and increase your health to 750)
    • Reduce your move speed and acceleration to the same as a MAX
    • Add a visual effect so enemy know they're facing a NWA wearer before they shot, something like a permanent "resist shield" glow or a different skin.
    These changes should make MWA better at tanking bullet in a few situation and allow you to survive a BASR headshot, but the lower total health and lower mobility make will give you clear weakness to knife, explosion, RL and archer. Finally, your flanking ability will be lowered because of the glowing effect and lowered mobility.
  2. Crash Bandicoot

3. Skraggz

2) Communicate constructively

- It is important for any communication, whether between players or directly with Daybreak Games employees, to be constructive. Posts without constructive commentary distract from or otherwise reduce the visibility of valuable communication and discourages others from participating in the conversation.
  4. Skraggz

Side note, op while your idea is a bit out there, I do agree that something needs to be done with nwa as it is the only valid option in MOST fights. I'd prefer it baked in or removed personally.
  5. rsonny

Better rework for UP all another suits. Stop nerfing all the good stuff in the game. With your nerfs we have reached the point where a huge shell does not kill infantry.
  6. FateJH

It doesn't matter how much Nanoweave you have if I don't even need my Grenade Bandoleer to have enough Sticky Grenades to kill you.
  7. LaughingDead

I read that as "Armani suit" and I was all excited and now I'm just disappointed.

While I do believe that there should be some counters to nanoweave for newer players because they're the only ones really ****** by it, I also believe penalizing someone for a suit slot they pick is bad design in this game unless the suit slot is really that powerful.

Like vanguard shield was a big glowing "Hey I'm protected" or prowlers red tint, even repair notifications in the weird form of a gridline pattern across the vehicle so you knew it was gaining health back from some source.

Personally I believe the right course of action is that some guns or some gun options should allow bullet penetration, for example, high velocity ammunition; since it is really only available to mid tier to long range damage models, being able to bypass the 20% armor would be a fair reimbursement for lower overall DPS comparatively with the "I win if we're 10 meters apart" weapons.
  8. Halkesh

That could work also, but they'll need a HUGE buff / rework to be on part with NW or flak.

I don't understand what you say, can you explain ?

I think NWA removal is the best solution too, but I don't think devs are willing to remove it for multiple reason, that's why i'd think about this crappy idea.

Yeah, I did an error in the title, wanted to say "a mini", not "amini".
    The problem IMO is NWA wearer will feel spoiled because a few small weapon can counter the anti small weapon suit.