[Suggestion] Rework infantry suit to make them on part with nanoweave armor

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Halkesh, Jun 30, 2018.

1. Halkesh

Nanoweave is the suit that nearly everyone use, one the reason is it's almost always useful, because as infantry you'll fight other infantry. But the other reason is other suit just aren't good enough.

I suggest to rework most suit so they really be sidegrade when compared to nanoweave or flak armor.

Flak armor
    Unchanged

Grenade belt
    Rank 1 : 1 additionnal grenade and restock grenade over time. Grenade that cost 25/50/75 nanite will be restocked every 30/60/90 sec, provided nanite are available.
    Rank 2 : 2 additionnal grenade
    Rank 3 : 3 additionnal grenade
    Note : Being able to respply grenade without terminal or respawn will make this suit more attractive fro grenadier players (if you don't like dying to explosion, stop whining and use flak armor instead of nanoweave)

ASC
    After not taking damage since 2 sec, shield regenerate at 50-83 shield per sec.
    After not taking damage since 6 sec , shield regeneration increase to 125-167 shield per sec (current effect).
    Note : This change will drastically reduce the downtime between each fights and improve the ability to do peekaboom tactics.

Adrenaline suit
    Graduately increase your sprint speed up to 150 / 167 / 175 / 187 / 200% of the normal sprint speed after a 6 sec acceleration. Taking damage or changing direction too quickly reduce your sprint speed to 110% (at all ranks).
    Note : The huge move speed bonus won't be useful in combat but it will greatly improve flanker gameplay.

Ammo belt
    Now have only 3 ranks.
    Rank 1 : grant various effect, based on the class :
    • Infiltrator get the benefit of the cameleon module
    • Engineer can place 2 extra ammo pack
    • Medic get the benefit of nano-regen capacitor
    • HA can carry 3 extra rocket launcher magazine
    • LA can carry 3 extra rocklet rifle magazine
    Rank 2 : you can carry 4 extra magazine for both your primary and secondary weapons
    Rank 3 : you have an unlimited ammo pool for both your primary and secondary weapons
    Note : I put medic and infiltrator "noob suit" on rank 1 because I had no idea what to do with them. Rank 3 will make a lot of TR happy. The suit is finally useful for engineer and better than ammo printer !

Utility poutch (all class)
    Rank 1 : Increase item capacity : +2 medkit / restokit / reserve hardlight barrier
    Rank 2 : Restock item over time. Item that cost 25/50/75 nanite will be restocked every 30/60/90 sec, provided nanite are available.
    Note : Work the same way as reworked grenade belt but for universals items.

Demolition poutch (engineer and infiltrator only)
    Rank 1 : Increase item capacity : +2 C4 / AV mine / AP mine
    Rank 2 : Restock item over time. Item that cost 25/50/75 nanite will be restocked every 30/60/90 sec, provided nanite are available.
    Note : C4 poutch and mine carrier are merged and will print item over time. Infiltrator have access to it but will only be able to carry extra AP mines.
    • Up x 2
  2. FateJH

I don't believe Nanoweave is too good to not use, even if my encounter expectation is nothing but enemy Infantry.
  3. Sazukata

Some of these seem a bit powerful, but the intention is good.

My idea is simpler, for better or worse:
    -Remove small arms resistance from Nanoweave (or remove the whole thing)
    -Reduce most weapons' headshot multiplier to x1.5 so as to keep overall TTK similar and reign in the performance gap
    -Roll less viable suit slot options together i.e. ASC + Adrenaline Pump, Grenade Bandolier + Ammo Belt, etc.
    • Up x 4
  4. OneShadowWarrior

Nanoweave is all that is worth running, but that is my opinion, it should be built in to all the fancy armor people are buying so that a slot could be cleared for true utilities like carrying more grenades, extra ammo, more munitions, etc. The true essence of a utility belt slot.

Suits that have more than just appearances but built in capabilities with up to 5 tiers where you can mix nano, advanced shield capacitor and flak resistance with different combos?
  5. Xebov

The problem is the other way around. Nanoweave is the most usefull because it applies to most situations. Flak Armor comes next after it and is usefull when you have alot explosive spam going on. ASC is to situational as it requires you to stay out of fire for some time and to be able to get back into cover fast. The Grenade/Ammo/Mine stuff is simply to situational. Most of the time you dont benefit from it.

The point is: No matter how good you make other slots, most players will stick with Nanoweave. If you remove Nanoweave they will simply switch to Flak Armor. What you need to do is to tackle the issue that we have suit slots that directly impact combat and others that only let you carry more stuff.
  6. Xebov

I would remove the whole thing. The 1.5x HS multiplier for most weapons is also a good idea, it would make semi autos more worthwhile.
    • Up x 1
  7. AEROCHAOSS

Wasn't it that way before? I mean hs do less than 2x dmg?
    The grenade bsndolier seems to powerful, just give two Bades per rank or so, instead of printing new ones out of your poo.
    Ammo belt, just remove one or two clips from any gun, so you can kill ppl at some point with your knife or get some ******* damn engie to the point throwing thos boxes. ASC, combine with auxiliary shield +50/+100 shield, no healing effect.
    Adrenaline pump, please five ranks up to 150% speed that you can go on rampage with the one hit knifes.
  8. Xebov

There are only a few weapons with more or less than 2x. For the absolut majority of guns its 2x.
  9. adamts01

I just can't believe NW hasn't been nerfed. When you have 6 options, yet 90%+ of players only choose 1, then that's about as clear a balance problem as you can have. At a bare minimum it shouldn't stack with some HA overshields.

I also think lowering the head-shot multiplier should happen, but I think players should get a (-) resistance to bullets to keep overall ttk to the head the same while lowering ttk for bodyshots. And this would absolutely need a Nano Weave nerf associated with it.
  10. Halkesh

I'd prefer to see nanoweave removed or working only at close to medium range. Something like 20% resistance at 20m down to 0% at 40m.
    • Up x 1
  11. Xebov

It was reworked and nerfed several times.

I would prefer removed. Nanoweave heavily messes up TTK on some weapons.
    • Up x 4
  12. adamts01

True. I read that it used to protect the head. That was before my time.

Heavy armor should have a similar effect as in Arma, where your mobility is decreased as your armor increases. All that extra body weight could mean less recoil. More depth and real choices would be a good thing.

But I'd be down with removing NW all together as well. I think slightly less of a difference between head shots and body shots would be good for the community as a whole, especially new and casual players, which this game has always struggled to keep happy.
  13. Sir Sovereign

Everything sounds good except for the infinite ammo.. I know I'm biased because I only run engi, but taking exp away like that ruins the game for a LOT of people, plus it's never good to improve something to where other things are obsolete options
  14. Xebov

I would make it dependant on the weapon. For precision weapons like Battle, Scout and Sniper Rifles it should remain. Its harder to score hits with them and easier to evade with strafing. For full autos i would drop it down to 1,5 or even a bit lower for stuff like SMGs.
    • Up x 1
  15. adamts01

Absolutely. I forgot that part. The important part is to keep the desire to improve to land more headshots by keeping the risk of missing worth the reward of landing. It's a multiplier that would definitely require close attention and testing. But yeah, 2x on autos, especially considering HA shields and nanoweave, headshots are mandatory and this situation is too much of a burden on new and average players, especially with no match maker.
    • Up x 2
  16. Halkesh

People use to say exactly the contrary : "stop with nerf hammer and let's up other suit that are basically useless".

Probably bias. It will certainly reduce the number of people in need of ammo, but other suit are nice too so you'll always get people in need of ammo. Also, note rocket launcher won't have unlimited ammo.
    What as a medic and you'll see how life is unfair : people use medkit, regen implant and their shield even repair itself. :p
  17. AtckAtck

I agree, and i see only one way. Remove anything that does affect health and combat cooldown and so that players don't feel nerfed again just make one big passive out of them, be it for certs or for free, i dont care.
    If the choice is between more ammo, or more explosive, or faster movement; then it is a choice that doesn't care THAT much weight and always depends on what you want to do.
    • Up x 1
  18. Sir Sovereign

You can buff things without making other things obsolete though.. and without destroying the game for a whole class lol
  19. AEROCHAOSS

Tell me when is the ammo belt not obsolet?
    It is only used by snipers some where completely useless, maybe from la who don't want to use the ammo printer Implantat, ehrm, ughh aaaand Noone.
  20. Halkesh

Then, what's your idea to make people that choose ammo belt not feeling they're at a disadvantage by not choosing nanoweave armor ?