Rework buzzard into an artillerie

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Halkesh, Jul 9, 2018.

1. Halkesh

Allow the flash to deploy when buzzard is equipped and it will give a buzzard target-flare gun to the flash owner.

Basically, make it work like a flail, except it can be used anywhere within 150 m of the flash, even inside NDZ.
    While firing, the flash will be spotted by anyone within 150 m.
  2. LaughingDead

So make it a deployable remote artillery piece?

I mean I agree it's aiming functionality should be improved but this idea is way too out there for the devs to implement unfortunately.
  3. chamks

the day it happen im re-purch my membership
  4. YellowJacketXV

I always thought that the flash itself should have been completely redesigned to be a faction-specific micro vehicle that no longer has the rumble seat but acts more like a speeder from Star Wars. Each of which would have empire-specific boons and abilities. TR would leave a long-lasting poison gas field, VS would be more of a hover speeder, capable of high maneuverability. NC would leave mines behind it as it moved.

Stuff like that.
  5. Liewec123

as an NC main i agree! visions of artillery squads with their flashes grouped together pounding away.
    as a TR and VS alt i tremble in fear XD
  6. GoldenGuard

I'd agree with this, by the text it was what I was thinking it would be like, high arcing shots dealing great damage,

Having a visible flare to the enemy so they can run would make a good balance as well as a cannot fire unless deployed as well as a slow projectile speed

And as for deployment make it take a while, like 10 seconds, 15 in non deploy zone to set up or even pack down

Give it a whole lot of vulnerabilities and inconveniences but make it an effective mortar and a serious threat that people need to actively seek out the source of the fire or spotter and at least as powerful to 1 hit an esf if your lucky enough to have one run into the shell, or at least set the thing on fire that it needs to run away or a few bullets will take it down
  7. raffa2

As a TR main I'm tired of seeing the neat stuff with special mechanics given only to VS.
    The only special thing not given to vs until now since empire specific rocket launchers, has been the penetration mechanic of the bishop.
    • Up x 1
  8. Campagne

Actually the Aphelion's burst wave now penetrates infantry as well. :(
  9. YellowJacketXV

Because we can't have the VS not being able to do absolutely everything mirite? Stuff like this just upsets me. "Totally not favoritism, mirite?"

They might as well just change the fundamentals of how the Buzzard works. The demo video I saw basically has it as a three-shot grenade launcher. At the same time, the driver is left completely exposed and the splash range doesn't truly compensate for the amount of negatives. A few of the downsides could be fixed by just making it a 3-shot burst grenade launcher, shooting off all three grenades with one mouse click, or just saying "to hell with it" and combining the strength of all three grenades into one grenade per load.

Just that alone could do wonders for fixing this weapon.
    • Up x 1