[Suggestion] Reword the Razor GD-23

Discussion in 'Light Assault' started by chrollo, Jan 19, 2013.

1. HerpTheDerp

It's as accurate as the Merc.

Razor IS the Merc, with some tweaks.
  2. chrollo

and we need another merc why
  3. HerpTheDerp

Because SOE hopes you won't bother grinding 1000 certs for the Razor and give them $7 for it instead.
  4. Antivide

Because you don't freaking snipe as a Light Assault.

HUE HUE, I'MA PLAY LIGHT ASSAULT, GET SNIPING CARBINE.

That's the freaking problem.

Sniping. Carbine.

WHO THE HECK USES A CARBINE TO SNIPE.
    • Up x 1
  5. Iridar51

I'm just calling it *sniping carbine*, don't cling to words so much. *Sniping carbine* means it's more accurate at longer ranges than other carbines, and it emphisizes ADS accuracy first of all things. CQC carbines emphisize on hip fire accuracy and rate of fire.
  6. Antivide

Well that's the thing, Light Assault isn't supposed to do that... I mean you CAN if you want to. I play LA as a CQC skirmisher class, so any low ROF weapon is completely useless to me.
  7. Moody One

so you have never stalked troops on the ground from a high ledge way above them, laughing as they proceed to follow the classic trope of "no-one ever looks up" and then blowing them away?

your missing out

as to the Razor it isn't a "sniping" gun but it does fill a gap between the Merc and the AC-X11

The Merc is a short to mid range, the AC-X11 is a long range the Razor is a Mid to Long Range - it is basically a cross breed of the 2 guns
  8. sunflight

Is it just me or did they mess up the Razor with the recent Update 2 and hotfix?

I feel like it had the fastest fire rate before, now its slower than mercenary. My imagination ?
  9. HerpTheDerp

The changelog mentioned modified weapon fire sounds, it might be just that.
  10. Varamis

I just wish it had Soft Point instead of High Velocity Ammo.

The Razor seems like a straight upgrade to the Merc, and has much easier recoil to compensate for in my opinion.

I'd buy the Razor if I didn't already invest in the Gauss Compact S.

I wish it didn't lose so bad in CQC to most other RoF oriented Carbines. I really love my Gauss Compact S, but the horribad hipfire leaves me on my back so much as an NC player in CQC. The GD-7F is solid, but the insane 845rpm is such a jump from other NC weapons it takes a long long time to get used to, and is unforgiving if you spray and miss shots with it, especially with longer reload times compared to VS Carbines and a smaller 30 round mag compared to TR's 40.

I'm still so jealous of the Lynx and just the Bloom of TR carbines in general.
  11. HerpTheDerp

Soft Point is useless.
  12. Ghoest

Well it has lower DPS than the merc - it it arrives at this lower DPS the worst way possible - lower RoF.

Its similar to the merc and its not really worse - but its not an upgrade either.
  13. Varamis

-8.33% Fire Rate
    +12% Projectile Velocity
    Increased ADS Accuracy
    Increased Reload Speed.

I don't agree with a lot of this guy's reviews, but I do agree with this one.
  14. chrollo

increase the fire rate to 650 and lower the hipfire accuracy imo
  15. Varamis

I just wish the "higher bullet damage" NC style, wasn't strictly worse in close quarters.
  16. chrollo

I don't think the devs are willing to go there, mainly cause the flinch mechanic doesn't have as big effect in cqc so they will continue to leave the NC at a disadvantage for the majority of weapons and make you pay for a cqc weapon thats only effective in cqc
  17. Varamis

Well said, I couldn't agree more.