[Suggestion] Reword the Razor GD-23

Discussion in 'Light Assault' started by chrollo, Jan 19, 2013.

1. chrollo

I honestly love the way this gun fires more so than any other weapon in the game, but it can not kill reliably. Please change the rof for the razor to something close to the carnage br or the TR Jaguar. anywhere from 652-750 rpm and this gun becomes something that can't be ignored. If you let it stay as is it won't be used. Fix it and people will actually buy it, and maybe people will stop complaining bout how nc is vastly underpowered.

Lame shouldn't make threads when im tired, title should be rework the razor gd-23
  2. Iridar51

GD-23 is a sniping carbine and has dps similar to that of another factions' sniping carbines, why should it be buffed?

People will not stop complaining, ever. It's never enough, we're just made this way.
  3. chrollo

we already have a much better sniping carbine no point in having another
  4. Iridar51

Why? You don't enjoy having a choice? ACX and Razor are quite different.

We (TR) have two carbines for CQC, I don't hear anyone complaining about that =\
  5. Achmed20

sniping rifle? thats the ACX and nothing else for the NC (beside slugs)!
    except the GDF and the acx all our guns have 167 dmg which makes pretty every gun a "sniping" gun
  6. Iridar51

Only Razor and ACX can have advanced forward grip, compensator and HV ammo at the same time, and therefore referred to as sniping carbines.
    All other differences between weapons like rate of fire and all that blah blah are arbitrary, and any gun can be called anything.

I belive, both Razor and ACX can be used for long range shooting, main difference is ACX is more extreme in it's snipyness, while Razor is more of a *traditional* carbine, with 30/150 ammo.
    Let's say there's an arbitrary scale: CQC <----------> Sniping.

ACX would be here: <---------|>
    While Razor would be, say, here <-------|-->
    That doesn't make gun worse or anything. It's like T5 AMC, just an accurate and easy to hit stuff with carbine, easier to control than ACX.
  7. Achmed20

true but unless they seriously buff HV ammo, it barely matters. the 15m extra range are close to useless.
    also, the Gauss S can have HV ammo and a 6x scope aswell and i personaly still think its amuch better choice if you really dont want to go for the acx.

especaily for sniping where you use to fire single mode which means recoil barely matters anyway.
  8. Iridar51

To each his own, that was kinda the point I tried to make. Just because a weapon is middle ground between acx and merc that doesn't mean it's onderpowered.
    • Up x 1
  9. Ghoest

The Op has a point.
    I understand why the Razor has the stas it does - but I never use it anymore because it is not able to dependably kill fast enough. The merc has good DPS but already suffers from th flinch code - this gun has a lower dps and is penalized even more from the flinch code.

its pleasant to shoot but in most the slow ROF makes a weak choice.
  10. Mattimer

With HVA the GD-23 has about 23% more velocity than the Mercenary. I'm definitely more consistent killing people sprinting at medium / medium-long range despite the 10% less DPS. I just wish it had the Advanced forward grip like the AC-X11. It's more similar to the other faction's "long range" carbines than the AC-X11, which both get the Advanced grip.

Also.. the AC-X11 should get a 30 round mag, the 20 round mag completely kills it for me. The 200 round damage is already a detriment because of the reduced ROF... then they "balance" that out with the terrible capacity.
  11. chrollo

razor doesnt have advanced forward grip so your theory bout it being a sniping carbine doesn't hold up

This gun just doesnt really fill a niche it does everything kind of terrible. The accuracy is still sub par at long ranges. Frankly we need a .75 ads weapon with 652-750 rpm rate of fire gun far more than we need another sniping rifle. A gun that hits relatively hard has some options for distance and an adequate rate of fire puts it on par with the jaguar and the solstice sf. This gun should have some advantages over the gauss compact s to make up for the lack of versatility, but has it is now there is no reason to spend twice the certs on the razor.
  12. Iridar51

You're right, my mistake. This gun is kinda weird on attachment side, like it's not sure what it wants to be.
  13. Necron

The 20 round mag is the only real complaint I have with the AC-X11, but, at he same time, if it had a 30 round mag it would be totally OP. I have a fully certed AC-X11--adv. forgrip and comp--and it pwns faces at short to medium range. The low bullet velocity is an issue on moving targets at longer ranges, but most combat takes place at short to medium anyway, so for me, it's a non-issue. Also, the 200 damage per shot is in no way a detriment. People die SO fast it's crazy. People need to get away from this ROF > all BS. ROF is for people who can't shoot. Damage > all. Only change I would make is to allow one extra mag with the AC-X11 by default.
  14. chrollo

People have already gotten away from high rof, its just that they play sniper. The light assault is about quickly getting around enemy lines, and fast kills. We don't need 5 sniping carbines. The razor as is serves little purpose for either LA or Engi.
  15. Mattimer

Assuming DPS and bloom per damage is the same, ROF is superior imo. High ROF makes CQC more consistent, gives more hit-feedback on moving targets, and makes them flinch more.
    High damage bullets are good for more damage per clip (ie SAW), and single shot sniping (very situational).

That said I actually prefer the Mercenary's lower ROF to the GD-7F sometimes simply for more damage per clip. If I run out of ammo vs a good Heavy in CQC with the GD-7F I often die.
    • Up x 1
  16. chrollo

You pretty much nailed what the razor should be, something that is slightly faster than the merc with a .75 ads, and worse reload speed as a trade off. This would fill the niche of those players who like having a solid close quarters option and a decent mid range weapon.
  17. HerpTheDerp

600RPM is standard for 167 damage guns, and you want Razor to have RoF of up to 750? That would make it the most OP weapon in the game hands down. lol, over 2000 DPS on a carbine.

The difference between Razor and Merc in DPS is about 8%, and Razor trades that difference in favor of faster reload, faster bullet, HVA and arguably better recoil pattern.

It is completely fine balance-wise. Personally I'd swap my Merc for a Razor in a heartbeat.
  18. chrollo

see you haven't used it in actually combat for extended lengths once you do you will notice that its much weaker also i think anywhere from 650 to 750 would be fine for the razor
  19. Turiel =RL=

The Razor is way too inaccurate. I put a ton of points into it, but it didn't help, so I gave up on it. The only weapons worth using for Light Assault are the GD-7F and some shotgun.
  20. Armchair

That's not how you spell AC-X11.