Revives..

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Cyba, Nov 24, 2012.

1. NorthPlum

I get your point, but I feel if I repeatedly die in-game, this game would be no fun for me. While I do die a lot, the satisfaction of getting kills, and outmaneuvering your foe is more satisfying than dying.
  2. Thardus

I completely understand where you're coming from. I think the difference is that I usually run with allies, so I get a lot of satisfaction in the accomplishments of my team-mates, and in the successes of my faction as a whole, and am less concerned about my individual performance. I'm quite happy to be the first through the back door of a Tech Plant, if it means someone behind me will actually survive long enough to shoot back while the enemy is still distracted by my corpse.
  3. Tooks

So on this logic we shouldn't be awarded a kill and the subsequent EXP for this kill until the person has physically respawned at a respawn point, incase a medic revives them. Because if they've not suffered a death, you havent got a kill, right?
  4. Cyba

No that's not logical, in any other game with reviving or medics the enemy that kills you, gets the kill.. If a medic afterwards revives you/brings you back, you don't get a death..

In real life if you are clinically dead they sometimes can bring you back too :p Officially you died, but you're not dead are you :p

Stupid example, I know.. But even though it's a mass multiplayer online game, we do need the single player loners out there that are out to just kill the enemy.. ANd if you run into the enemy every time you spawn or get a revive, it's stupid.

Id rather sit aside and wait for them to pass me by, and think of a strategy to slowly gain ground.. Running in to your enemy only works if the rest of your team does it too.. unfortunately, it's NC we're talking about and we always lose based on staying in 1 position.. So why bother running into your enemy.. Besides you get /tells every time ''YOU IDIOT STOP RUNNING LIKE A MORON'' because you run into them.
  5. Silrace

Now after playing enough with the maxed out revival tool, I get more points with it than with the lower level healing tools. Here's a lil list of my findings:

- Revival takes approx 1 second and can be done from 5-6 meters away. I can stay in cover and revive people around me. Thus I die less and am around more to revive more people when all other medics with low level tools, who have to run in to revive from close by, have already died off aswell.
    - The target comes back at full health, meaning I can revive people I would not otherwise revive as they'd get shot again. They can get to safety and I can heal them up again.
    - Taking bases is faster because you can keep the infantry push moving, thus point gain is increased overall.
    - I have more time to shoot things, as I don't always need to stop healing people I have revived. Assist and kill exp replaces the healing exp very nicely and also helps taking and defending bases much more, thus increasing overall point gain even more.
    - People will accept your revive more readily than anyone else's once they find you are not reviving them just so they can die and you can revive again, as in you're not farming them for points, you are actually giving them a chance to fight right away again, thus helping them earn points aswell.
    - People are much more likely to protect you once they realise you're a valuable asset and not just trying to gain certs by playing Medic. This makes you survive longer and thus gives you more points overall.

So from my findings so far, you gain far more points with maxed out Medic Tool than spending your time slowly healing up people after reviving them. You also make way more friends in the process.
  6. Gore

The point here is, it will make life easier as a medic, if people are willing to wait for him to do his job, think of them as being down and wounded, and when respawning they are dead and should receive a death-count, like in most other games, games far more realistic than this, like Project Reality and Arma. Many people respawn right away because they already got that death-count, which grinds down the whole momentum of an attack in this game.

If you don't care about K/D fine, this won't change anything for you anyway. But it would work wonders if it would make people wait for us medics to do our job, keep up the momentum of an attack and take the objective.
  7. xtoph

You should get no death, I don't accept revives because I get the death anyway and I would rather respawn with full grenades and weapons so.......
  8. Moises J.Ramos

True CoD/BF3 player. OP.
  9. JokeForgrim

Obviously you know what your talking about... People always get revived in COD.