Revives..

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Cyba, Nov 24, 2012.

1. Cyba

I'm not sure if anyone said this before or gave this as a hint or tip for the game...

What bothers me really is the following:
    You get shot, you die, you're in the deployment screen and your buddy is reviving you..
    You accept the revive, get up.. and see yourself a deathcount +1.. Unfortunately around the corner the enemy kills you booom down and dead.. DeathCount +2..

Now I know you shouldn't accept a revive but ofcourse you can hardly tell if there's any danger..
    But here's my point:

Why are there medics to revive you, if your death counts as one anyway? I mean if a medic revives you, it should be half so decent to at least not count a death.. (It's a small thing but if you're going well and see your stats go fine, it can be destroyed in a few revives having yourself killed-but-not-killed..

I hope someone edits it :p
    • Up x 3
  2. MagicHamsta

Disagreed.

You should be your own judge whether it's safe to revive or not. (After all, YOU has just died a few seconds ago & usually have a pretty good idea of what killed you. Grenades, infiltrators, vehicle, etc)
    Me routinely deny revive requests from strangers if me know the area is too hot. (Not to mention that me will likely revive with only a fraction of health)

If me am in a squad & know the medic is competent & not just farming revive XP then me will accept.
  3. RobotNinja

What's extra fun is idiot medics who revive you and then run off without healing you constantly. You quickly learn to rarely accept revives from randoms.
    • Up x 3
  4. WhiteWolf

I stopped reading at "and see yourself a deathcount +1", because K/D ratio isn't important. Capturing the point, keeping your FRONT LINE FORCES at maximum strength, and routing the enemy are of importance.

To repliers: Yes, there are idiot medics out there that revive and don't heal. But I also encounter a bunch of idiot grunts that accept the rez, then sprint off with a quarter health, expecting me to sprint after them. Btw, I can't heal while sprinting. Not to mention, even if I could, since you sprinted off IMMEDIATELY, I am now lagged behind several seconds, and you're out of heal range.

Signed,
    Veteran WhiteWolf of the Vanu
    Heal Gun rank 4 Combat Medic (If I rez you, You won't rez with just a fraction of health :p)
    • Up x 1
  5. Tooks

Plus EXP. Thats important too. Dying doesn't take any EXP away. Your death is insignificant, soldier. Get back up and try again.

P.s. I'm a medic, My gun is currently specced to revive at about 40% (I forget the number) and I ALWAYS heal who I revive unless I either die before they come back, or the second they get up they run and don't stop.

The worst part of being a Medic is having someone ask for healing, or be revived and NEED healing, and for them to just RUN AROUND LIKE CRAZY HEADLESS CHICKENS. It is a medics role to heal you, not follow you around the battlefield until you stop long enough for us to patch up your butts.
  6. Cyba

Even though I do agree with you guys It's still stupid to have a medic patch you up but you still ''Died''...

It's weird. Point made really...

If a medic patches you up you shouldn't have a deathcount, either way you should just redeploy because a revive has no point then..
    If you redeploy you simply have new refreshed gear, less danger and option to recheck your tactics..

If you comment that it isn't about K/D or accepting the revives, no one needs to tell me as I'm a ps1 vetty anyway, so you guys misunderstand the actual point.

Well alright, I'll simply never accept a revive, most medics don't even reheal you to 100% after reviving anyway so that takes away a keypoint of the game.. Shame.
  7. AuroN2

I hate being a medic simply for the fact when i start healing someone, they start running away.
    Unless of course we are in a coverzone and cant exactly poke our heads out to see if the zone is clear to run into.
  8. Hoki

The point of revive is so you revive where you died and not 10 miles away.
    When I'm medic I don't revive if I'm positive that the enemy is still engaging our squad, otherwise I get you up asap, dancing around like a chicken.
    You don't heal them to full until after you're absolutely certain the coast is clear.

So it goes like this. We're fighting, we kill an enemy, you get killed, I finish off the guy that killed you, if I don't see anyone around, I rezz you. When you're up, you get to a defensible position with some cover, I'll follow you. You cover me while I heal you up.

A good combat medic is like a puppet master. You don't even need a squad just follow some people around and the next thing you know you become an unstoppable force.
    • Up x 1
  9. Syrathin

I start reviving people the instant they drop, And as soon as the revive is complete I click and hold LMB so they start getting healed the instant they come up. Now if that person has a bit of sense they can hold shift and WASD in the direction of the medic healing them immediately after clicking accept. They will be running to me (Behind cover) and getting healed the second they load in and pretty much every time they will get to cover safely.

Just remember to always load in sprinting towards the medic and don't run away from them unless you're back to full health or we just stop healing you and move to the next person.
  10. Vellsi

K/D ratio in a game where the amount of team mates vs opponents is not set is entirely meaningless. You can not play PS2 on eSports competitive terms. The best anyone can do is having a good feeling about one's abilities (e.g. "I enjoy PS2, I do not suck at it.") and if stats fall in line, all the better for you. ;3

That said, you only have issues with random medics - they are out for the XP the revive gives and not for good teamplay/advancement. Get a decent squad or even outfit and roll with them, you'll love it.
    • Up x 1
  11. Cyba

I agree with all of you really :)

Unfortunately we all know how 99% of the medics out there handle their things :p
    The ones in here actually sound pretty good.

Thanks for the replies guys! :) Appreciated!
  12. Silrace

Simple really. Use some of those Certs you got laying around on your medi-tool upgrades. The maxed out one revives people at 100% health (MAXes at 20%).
    Probably the best thing to upgrade right away if you want to spend time as Medic.
    • Up x 1
  13. Gore

+1 for not receiving a death if revived. Played with alot of people who just says they'll respawn themselves because they've gotten a deathcount already. This is frustating as hell when you work your *** off to revive people and they just respawn.
  14. Nehlis

hey, at least they aren't the scumbag medics who SHOOT you with their pistol and then revive you, then type very visibly in chat "LOOK GUYS I'M HELPING"

Revive denied.
  15. NorthPlum

Medic kit revive is useless 99% of the time. It's only good for healing friendlies nearby, or giving them extra health power while they are fighting. If you want the revive to be a little more useful, then when you do revive someone, they should not have a death counted.

There is almost certainly a spawn point nearby, and if there isn't, that point you were defending/attacking has ultimately failed.
  16. WaRadius

Who cares about k/d when there is an objective? Medic lets you get right back in action.
    • Up x 1
  17. NorthPlum

I do?

And I'm betting it's not just me.
  18. Hyena Grin

As mentioned, K/D is pretty irrelevant. It has no bearing on anything, it's just a number. You can use it to judge how well you are doing during any given session - other than that it's just a meaningless number. Accepting a revive has no drawback other than risking +1 to a meaningless tally.

Don't worry about it so much. War is Hell, you're gonna die. A lot. The best you can do is try to do it gloriously.
    • Up x 1
  19. Chenjesu

WAIT, wat? people are keeping track of k/d?
    go back to cod

The medic is there to keep everyone alive so the fight can continue.
    Who the **** cares about k/d when theres an objective to take.

You DIED, thats why your death counter went up. Being revived does not undo the death that occured, that guy still killed you.

You just don't like seeing negatives on your scoreboard becuase you want to think that you are the best at this game
  20. JokeForgrim

But then you wont get the points from healing them right?

Kind of makes me think the Un-upped rev tool is the best for farming certs, Slower healing = more points right? Unless you get more points for using it.

well doesnt matter mine is halfway upgraded now anyway.

On topic, i found out today while in chat that reviving still counts as a death and thought that was kind of stupid. Im from battlefield so i assumed the whole revive system would work the same, considering how similar most of the other stuff is. So that said yeah i agree with the OP, whats the point other than keeping the Zerg going.

I guess their maths is Dead, then Revived still equals once dead. The same as how zombies are Dead then re-animate and become undead.

Another point I would like to raise as a combat medic, please, please, please fix the revive system. Im so sick of having to stand around with my tool out until they move their mouse to click "accept". Make it be like fixing a terminal where i can fill the bar then switch back to my gun and they can click accept when they decide to, so i dont have to stand around with my pants down.