Revive grenades. They really needs to be toned down.

Discussion in 'Combat Medic' started by Makora, Nov 22, 2014.

1. Brenold

I like the countdown idea, of how being "rez-able" by grenade or medic tool is a skill that has a cooldown timer everytime it is used.. so if you get rezzed you need to stay alive a certain period of time in order to be a revive candidate..

And lets make it interesting, this was suggested on another thread about sniping: Have headshot kills effectively disable this "rez-ability" (at least from grenades, maybe just add time for the tool?)

Have deaths due to explosions automatically reset the cooldown and make you eligilbe for revive immediately.

Lastly, you should be able to rez yourself with a rez grenade if you're not on cooldown. It's just common sense.
  2. dstock

It does, actually.

Yah, as mentioned here, what we're struggling to determine is whether it stacks or not. May actually have to get out the stop watch and test it later today.
  3. Tanelorn

Because level 6 would be faster and give more HP than level 1. No rocket science there.
  4. 1st LT Wynn

I play as a medic and I still struggle in resing people. If you want to do the non resability state of a player, make infiltrators more visible to be fair. If not then shut up.
  5. 1st LT Wynn

Resgrenade used to revive the person that throw the res grenade. But now when you get hit by your own resgrenade nobody can revive you. Isn't that fair enough ? Are medics still OP?
  6. Kirthalion

If I redesigned the medical tool the revives would be instant but the levels you cert into would determine how many people you could revive with a fully charged medical tool. At level 1 it'd be a single trooper, level 2 would cost 200 certs and allow 2 troopers, level 3 would cost 500 certs and allow 3 troopers or 1 max. You'd have to max out the tool to revive maxes then. Progression of 3 levels only.

Time to recharge would be in the 10-15 second range from zero to enough charge for one revive, so to go from zero to full charge could be in the range of 30-45 seconds. Each level of progress is like giving your tool a larger energy pool to work with. So with a level 3 tool you could revive 3 people in rapid succession with a full charge then revive 1 at most every 10-15 seconds, or wait the full 30-45 to revive in a burst again.

Troopers would come back depending on medical tool level with either 25%, 50%, or 75% health. Maxes would come back with 50% - You have to use a fully charged level 3 tool to revive them so it has to be worth it.

To me it'd feel like a shock paired with a nanite injection on the fly, the trick is that while it may be instant, you don't have a tool range any longer. You would have to put yourself in proximity to the trooper to revive them. In a similar vein as Battlefield 2142 medic revive tool in terms of proximity and insant revive.

My 2 cents.
  7. 1st LT Wynn

Please don't make us medics work harder.
  8. 1st LT Wynn

If what you said will be implemented. Nobody will play medic anymore.
  9. 1st LT Wynn

What medic needs is the ability to use the medtool to itself.
  10. 1st LT Wynn

I know the reason why you want to nerf medics because TR medics does not exist in TR and VS medics suck.
  11. 1st LT Wynn

If they will make infiltrators more visible. Light assault fly slowly and heavy shields to slowly regenerate. Then nerf medics. I hate you medic haters. You don't know how hard the medic class is.
  12. Kirppu1

make it so you need to cook it first
  13. Makora

Infiltrators are easy enough to spot as is. No change needed over there.
    Also, what's with the chain-posting?
    Medics don't "Work hard" How the hell is *press G* in the general direction of a dead team mate as "working hard"? You are a MEDIC! Not a damn necromancer, chanting over a corpse. HEAL PEOPLE! Use your tools to keep them alive! Your primary task should be that, and if half your team became idiots and ran into a killzone, tough luck, they got stupid and paid for it.
    Though it would make sense to be able to use a med-tool on oneself. Would make the shield bubble thing a bit more attractive.
    TR medics do exist. But the smart ones decide when to revive. I main medic. And I take the class more as a rifleman. Shoot first, medic later.
    I like it. Simple, easy to learn.

This should be an option with ALL grenades. Hold down G to both cook and to more fine-aim your grenade.
  14. Leivve

Wait, you mean you don't like the cert feast i give you.
    Here I thought I was doing you a favor, running about in circles like a mad man in a small room dodging bullets while throwing out 4 revive grenades to pick up the two dead platoons I'm dancing about on before finally going down. Then me and everyone else getting up at half health again with your weapons already trained on us, while we need a second to collect ourselves.

though it is a great counter max crash measure, you throw them out, the hoard passes then everyone gets up and flanks the engies and medics.
  15. Onhil

I myself find this idea to be the best on the list since I'm pretty sure there is not any "Empire Spefific Nanites" in the game res nades should revive everyone that is in it's path.

About this one I feel more like the execution thing is a bad idea, but I feel like explosions should do this. Lets say for example you throw a sticky nade onto someone and he rushes back to his friendlies and blow up as a "Accidental Suicide Bomber" and it kill him and like 3 others. Those 4 people should either get a 3 times as long res timer and can't get resed by res nades at all or can not get resed at all.
  16. gamespyer0350

The only problem I see with a countdown is smaller outfits get hurt during point holds. If my outfit (ANGC) is to gal drop a base (let's say cobalt comm, on amerish) we set up on the stairs with heavies and engineers with medics in the back. As enemies come in from redployside (not a complaint, just a fact) then our squad has a fight.

Granted we expected a fight, but we are gonna take casualties no matter what. Lucky grenade, mlgstyle headshot sniper, LA, death is a certainty for us. If we are fighting a 1-12 battle, and we trade with them, or get aclean kill, having a timer on revives could wipe us because the enemy has a hard spawn, which is faster (transfer time from spawn to point is pretty minor in most places). Superior numbers would REALLY hurt us, and an organized squad could abuse that system and screw us over when we couldn't keep our squad up due to timers (say 30 seconds)

Long story longer, revive timers hurt small squads without hard spawns.

Side note, medics shouldn't be able to revive themselves with grenades, it would encourage more spam then we already have.
  17. Makora

Fresh revives give you Spawn Kill xp. That is practically no XP whatsoever. Secondly if your platoon got wiped in that room in that moment, you were so badly overrun or outplayed, there is no reason to "keep the pain going" by reviving people to be killed again. But then again with a whole platoon.... that's way too many people getting up to keep an eye on everyone. Sometimes you don't notice the revive glow or the corpses sitting up because you're checking the rest of the area for enemies or simply moved on because you have to keep the momentum going.

I feel your pain. I really, truly do. I'm in a small outfit myself and I do feel that this game does not promote small "elite" teams enough. But despite this I am concentrating my suggestions on the majority. The general play style of the game. The problem lies in balancing something to be useful for small teams but not make them overpowered for large numbers. If something works good solo or with a small team, it's going to be borderline broken when using in larger numbers.
    I based this idea on the concept that smaller dedicated teams find better positions. And they can cut down the less organized zerg rushing enemies. Keeping them down or at a distance. Of course base design being as it is, defensible positions are hard to find and everything is so cramped up making grenade spam more effective then it should be. Also, this idea is designed to promote defenders. Right now, too many bases allow attackers place sunderers in considerably better positions then the hard-spawn is in relation to the capture points. In many ways the way the game is organized, attackers are the one with the field advantage, unless they are outnumbered.

The execution idea was half-backed. I admit. There are multiple issues to this like what about splash weapons? What is the damage threshold? I personally like the concept of splash damage weapons making you unrevivable. But I'd go so far that only if you were hit directly with the shell or it does a specific amount of damage. So a Marauder or Fury shot will not make you unrevivable, but a Bulldog will. Probably tied to damage type.
    As for shooting bullets, only the head?
  18. Onhil

With explosion the will either get those increased res timers or cannot get resed at all, but now that I look back at it it will be a problem with the weapon lasher since it is techincally an explosive weapon. So to let me refresh on that idea eapons that can also damage armored veichles.

again execution to the head after thye die is just tedious so I will still go for explosions, but they have to alive for the effect to come. you can't for example thorw a c4 brick on a bunch of dead people and suddenly they can't get resed
  19. QuantumSerpent

Can we do high-powered headshot (regulated by: see below) kill = no res as well? Make snipers useful.
    Ways to determine high-powered (pick one):
    1. Bullet Velocity. Say, >600 = high powered. I like this one.
    2. Damage Amount. Say, >250 = high powered. I'm not so sure on this one, it would unfairly favor the NC.
    3. Weapon Type. Say, Battle Rifle, Scout Rifle and Sniper Rifle only. I like this one too, but not as much as 1 because then we cut out specialized weapons like the SABR-13.
  20. Makora

A combination of these would be most likely. Or just go with anything Bolt Action and Weaponry that deal AP and Heavy Munitions damage type.