[Suggestion] Revive grenades stick where they land

Discussion in 'Combat Medic' started by Ballto21, Mar 17, 2015.

1. Ballto21

Title says it all. Revive grenades work more like a bouncy ball, you throw one to a crowd of dead friendlies, especially outdoors, and it bounces 20m away
    • Up x 2
  2. Weatherchild

I would not mind that being a thing :)
  3. qiray12

The bouncing makes it more balancing because the revive grenades are already really strong as they are now.
    With them sticking or maybe even detonate on contact would make the revive grenades even more powerfull and they dont need to be any stronger.
  4. TheKhopesh

I don't entirely disagree, however:
    They need something to keep them from being useless on uphill embankments.

As it is now, if your team is fighting on anything but level ground, they roll down beyond the effective range no matter how hard you try to account for the grenade's sliding.
    You just can't throw it high enough to have it detonate when it rolls down next to the target area.

There needs to be some way to get them to stay where they're intended when you're not fighting on flat ground.

It's my firm opinion that the marginally higher tactical value of stickiness is outweighed many many times over by it's desperate need for being useful on angled terrain.

Especially since they're literally the most expensive grenades in the game to date.
    They cost 150% the cost of the next highest grenade cost, and 300% the cost of the one below that. For their extreme cost, they should never be bested by something as ridiculous as a hill or some stairs!

In fact, for that cost they should bounce once, then stick to the next surface they land on.
    This would keep their tactical use virtually the same, while allowing them to be used on slops without them bouncing and rolling down out of range like they're gorram beach balls.
  5. Mieh

"Bouncing" revive grenades allow us to rez allies from other rooms and around doorways - a huge advantage that's worth keeping. Now I hear what you're saying about overshooting your throw in the field because of the bounce. It's frustrating, yes. You can practice aiming the grenade a few meters short to compensate.
  6. prodo123

Bouncing grenades is absolutely essential to using them most effectively. This includes the revive grenade, where bouncing allows for reach into places where it would not go if it was a sticky (e.g. around corners, above walls, directly below your feet down a cliff).

If you're overthrowing, try bouncing your grenade right by your feet. It kills a lot of the forward momentum and still goes long enough. If you need it to go upstairs, bounce it off the ceiling. Think of it like billiards in 3D, except there's gravity to account for.

Learn to bounce. You will not regret it.
    • Up x 1
  7. QQlazors

A single bounce, then sticking? I like.