[Suggestion] Revisit directive weapons

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Skraggz, Jun 22, 2018.

1. Skraggz

I just wanted to say that I worked hard to get shuriken, just to find out that it's not an upgrade, for that matter it's not even a side grade. It's lack of accessories is underwhelming. No silencir, grip, laser, or extended. No hv, or sp. Way longer reload for a default 10 rounds larger clip... feel a bit cheated for something that requires a bit of work to unlock, and I'm sure alot of the other directive weapons feel the same. Maybe we can get a pass over on them again as now I don't want to work for directive weapons at all.
  2. JobiWan

I agree most of them need a tweak. I got The President and it's OK but nothing special. However, they shouldn't be too powerful either, they're really mostly for the kudos and to show off.
  3. Skraggz

Oh I ain't asking for them to be op, I'd rather them be a side grade in one way or another, with their nice skins. Not a congrats on the hard work here now use this gun to weaken (word I used was censored starts with g ends with p has im in middle... no sure why) yourself.
  4. Ragnarox

well simply model upgrade to newer models would be a good start, next heat ammo on all vanu directives would be a good start.
  5. frozen north

Yeah. Some are good as is, like the directive AR's and non TR LMG's, and to some extent, the shotguns. The directive pistols, while a pain and a half to acquire ( seriously. Please reduce those to the SMG requirement standard), are worth while if you like stealth, since you get a suppressor with heavily reduced damage drop-off penalty and no velocity penalty, in exchange for a slight drop in mag size.

Unfortunately, a lot of them are just not that great. The rocket directive is not worth attempting, unless you got nothing better to do. Same can be said about the carbines, and the snipers directive.
  6. TR5L4Y3R

.. they may aswell revisit directives for some weapons .. mainly those rather meant for support with lower killpottential
    • Up x 1
  7. Skraggz

You mean like RL Directives? if so I can get behind that, as RL's have taken massive nerfs and hardly work as intended when the directives were made, Ex would be Swamer... it needs its range back to be half way as good as the others.
  8. TR5L4Y3R

that would be one example .. other examples would be weapons more used for firesupression like the em 1 or lasher ( i think)
    or mid to longrange carbines that lack the stopping of the gausssaw or similar .. something allong those lines ..
    basicaly what i would go for is damage dealt, instead of kills ..
    • Up x 1
  9. ZDarkShadowsZ

I've heard bad things about the Shuriken so I've taken my time to slooowly unlock it. It's not on the top of my 'to get' list otherwise I'd have gone for it like I had with the TracSHOT and Bighorn.

What I wouldn't mind seeing is a rework of some of the directives themselves. The Exceptional I & II along with the Mayhem series are completely messed up. It's like someone didn't know what to do with the reskinned weapons and just dumped them wherever. Exceptional should be split into seasonal weapons and those that have the platinum skin, whereas AE-skinned weapons should have their own directive line entirely. Cleans things up and makes those 3 directive lines more organised.
  10. Jac70

I've only ever achieved one and that is the Parallax. Seems decent but I don't often play sniper. What they should do is make the directive reward weapons part of the exceptional directive. I know that directive is intended to be a cash grab but the amount of grinding you need for a directive weapon I doubt it would hit the income too hard.
    • Up x 1
  11. Xebov

Directive Weapons where designed by Higby with "fun" in mind. Thats why they ended up with things like under barel shotguns on a shotgun. Overall most of them are just the basic model with some attachments added and the stats you see already incorporate these attachments. There are a few cases where the weapon is an upgrade, for the snipers for example.

The problem with the reward weapons is that they represent a group of weapons with different stats so most players will not like them as they have other favorites in terms of playstyle. Personally i find these auraxium platings ugly as hell and would never use them (i also dont own one). If you want to rework them you will run in alot of problems. Players that like them how they are will get upset and you wont get them reworked in a way that most players like them.
  12. Skraggz

Ok, Ill point out what I was talking about with Shuriken and why they need to be reworked. Shuriken Ammo clip is 40, can only have a sight as an attachment, takes 3.5s to reload, all accuracy is the same as base, range is boosted by to 62m max gaining 20m over the standard. Taking the Standard, I can attach a sight, a Barrel or silencer, Softpoint, then I could even attach extended for the lols, and get the 40 round perk and have a better feeling faster reloading (2.92) smg that doesn't ping me on the map. It is literally a downgrade for playing well and dedicating some time to a directive.
  13. Xebov

I understand what you mean. I just wanted to point out how they made them. I never got any directive weapons because i know that most of them are inflexible garbage.
  14. That_One_Kane_Guy

I appreciated the DMR because it actually pays lip service to the whole "Empire-Specific" thing, but to be frank those traits should have been a thing from the bloody beginning*.
    For practical combat ranges the Bighorn is almost a straight upgrade over the RAMS, but the fact that it sounds the same as the other TR rifles made me sad. If all they did was give the Directive Rifles unique sound files it would make me happy.

*Off-Topic Rant: The Scout Rifle Directive shows how much of a lazy, lazy copy-paste this class of weapons are across all three factions with the only exception being the VS no bullet drop shtick. You could have a color blind person complete it and never know which faction they were playing.
    • Up x 2