Review of the NC's GD-7F from the LA's perspective

Discussion in 'Light Assault' started by Craig1287, Jan 4, 2013.

1. Craig1287

Well, if that's how the gun turns out, the review will reflect that. I'll have attachments on it for the review.
  2. Ghoest

First, when It was was full attachments(adv grip, compensator 1x, 2x and 4x scopes and with and with out HV ammo)

Second, they dont make it fantastic - they make it adequate. The first shot kick is still so high that its useless for long range bursts and at medium long range where you can compensate for the recoil the Razor is better.

Third if you are choosing a carbine based on iits ability to singles shot snipe - you are doing it wrong. Ive sniped and killed a few people are 200 meters or so with an AC-Xll - it not an effective playstyle. A slug gun or better an inf with a sniper gun is a much better choice.
    Picking a carbine based on its ability to snipe at long distance is as silly as picking picking a minivan based on its ability to drive at 150 mph.
  3. Craig1287

From what I've used of the ACX-11 so far, it actually does well at medium and close range. Because of the RoF, you really do need the drop on enemies to win at close range, but as a light assault, that is typically the case. I'll have to use the gun much more though and get all the attachments before making my review though and forming a better opinion.
  4. Ghoest

"Well"?
    Please explain what that means. In my experience every other NC carbine(with the exception of the Gauss Burst) could do it better. The only gun Im not suree about is a Gauss S withan under barrrel launcher.

Every carbine is completely capable of killing some if you get the drop on them - that is NOT the criteria for anything.

I think you bought the gun and have little experience with it and almost no frame of reference and are completely speculating.
  5. Craig1287

Assuming this is a response to my last post...

Well duh. My last sentence was, "I'll have to use the gun much more though and get all the attachments before making my review though and forming a better opinion." Which is basically a long way of saying I'm speculating. It'll be at least a week of good solid use till I form a solid opinion on the gun, probably 2 weeks till I make a review on it.
  6. ObliviousSam

I'm using GD-7F almost exclusively on my LA, only sometimes switching to Piston and I really dig this gun- it's efficient both when I need to kill someone upclose or I need to pick off enemy further away. My default setup is Forward Grip + Night vision scope + supressor. Night vision while limiting your range (view is blurred at longer distances) helps a ton in general due to high contrast + I am usually first to spot guys in cloaks trying to sneak past our lines. For more open areas I add HV ammo and switch scope to x2 or x3.4- x2 is sufficient in most cases as I want to mantain some close range ADS capability.

In terms of usage this gun is pretty accurate and recoil is easily controlable granted you dont press trigger until clip is empty- short bursts is the key, plus it should really become your habit in terms of ammo preservation. I don't like idea of sacrificing flak armor to ammo pouch.
  7. Ghoest

Well its kind of lame to take opposing veiw points on a forum when you havent even used the gun. You ought to PREFACE your opinions with "total speculation here."
  8. Craig1287

My bad, should have been a little more clearer than just saying, "From what I've used of the ACX-11 so far..." Which could mean longer than I meant.
  9. NoctD

Just got the GD-7F today - oh my why did I wait for so long to get it? I prefer it to my TR LC2 Lynx and LC3 Jaguar!

IRNV/reflex with advanced laser, soft point ammo. Its just full of win!
  10. MrPokealot

Its beautiful is it not? :D Now all we have to worry about is smgs!
  11. Craig1287

I get very mixed results when using the soft point ammo. I'll try to use it more and maybe do a whole review on the SPA.
  12. NoctD

I never could get a final conclusive view of soft point - I did try the LC3 without soft point but it felt like it was lacking something, and always had it with my LC2 so I certed into it and it felt like it helps. Honestly though I've never been totally crazy about the LC3, it felt like the LC2 to me was better... and now I think it really is, the faster ROF is better than the balanced horizontal recoil.

The AF-19 has been a struggle - I have 92 kills with it, mostly engineer with some LA thrown in there. Just cannot drop people fast enough usually even if I get the first shot on them. If they don't fire back, then great, but have lost so many 1 on 1s or gotten just assists. Have been using it since before 2x XP time was out. I got 17 kills with the GD-7F in less than 3 hours yesterday!
  13. Craig1287

Yea, the soft point ammo just adds an extra bit of inconsistency to the gun, and I really like consistency. Who knows, maybe I'll stumble upon the proper way to use them and really get a feel for them. I just don't like to slow my bullets down too much.
  14. Antivide

Don't you just love t hat 845 RPM? Freaking TEARS through TR players. Only carbine I personally use. Love it to death.
  15. Craig1287

It is a death machine at close range for sure.

I finally uploaded my review for the AC-X11. It isn't bad, but for close range, the GD-7F is the king.
  16. Dark_Eagle

I primarily use the Compact S most of the time due to its versatility, but the for fights where I know things are about to get real bad I switch to the GD-7F. The gun is an absolute monster at close to mid range. Recently I bought the advanced laser for it and it is absolutely ridiculous. The bullets will actually hit what you are shooting at even while flying if you use the adv laser. Highly recommend this weapon if you're the type of player that stays up close to your enemy.
  17. Craig1287

Yea, the Compact S is a sort of Jack of all trades. The underbarrel is a nice feature to have. I have it purchased, I need to use it more often.