Review of the NC's GD-7F from the LA's perspective

Discussion in 'Light Assault' started by Craig1287, Jan 4, 2013.

1. Craig1287

Most weapon reviews I've seen are for the TR and VS weapons. NC seems to get neglected as almost all the TR and VS weapons seem to be much better, but the GD-7F is a stand out weapon that needs more attention for its abilities in close to medium range.

What are your thoughts on the GD-7F? Were there some things left out in the video that should be added?
    • Up x 2
  2. Achmed20

couldnt aggree more.
  3. Silverfish

GD-7F is best we got! Only ever switch to the AC-X11 with high veloc ammo in the rare instance a long range battle pops up.
  4. Craig1287

Yea, if there is a battle going on in a large field and a sundy is near by, I'll switch to that.
  5. pnkdth

Remember to ADS more often, hipfiring is really accurate with adv laser sight but is not as accurate as ADSing. When you burst with it with ADS you can use the incredible RoF to get a series of headshots. I still get suprised when I get people this way, in the way they die so quickly. It also helps immensely with conserving ammo. All comes down to what the situation allows, ADS or hip.

If you like this weapon, don't forget to check out the GR-22 for the Combat medic. Shares the same characteristic of extreme RoF instead high damage per bullet.
    • Up x 1
  6. Silverfish

I may have to give the extra ammo ability stuff a try instead of the nanoweave health buff thing. Do run out of ammo pretty constantly with that sucker.
    If I ever have a bunch of extra certs lying about I may try laser sight thing too. Maybe my Auraxium medal cert pts for the GD-7F can go towards that. Gettin close!
  7. Craig1287

Very worth it at only 200 to get both versions.
  8. NordicTiger27

I'm actually a huge fan of the AC11-X, simply because it is such a monster at all ranges. My recommended setup is 2x reflex, Advanced foreward grip, silencer, and high velocity ammo. I move about just like the guy in the video, but also have the ability to go single shot and do some real long range damage.

I'm not saying its better, but I do prefer the AC11-X.
  9. Craig1287

I'll try spending some more time with the AC11-X. I don't yet have the advanced grip for it, so I'll work at that.
  10. irishroy

and could you also make a review of the AC11-X?
    would be pretty nice^^
  11. irishroy

and why not using GD-7F with medic?(because it is more accurate with the laserpointer than the GR-22 with the laserpointer)^^ (just a thought)
  12. Craig1287

That's next on the list.
    As for using the GD-7F on medic, they can't use the GD-7F. Only the engi and LA as they use carbines. For my medic, I currently use the NS11a which I plan to do a review of as well, but I mostly play as LA.
  13. irishroy

14. Ghoest

The AC-X11 is a BAD gun.
    Its not a "monster" in any good sense.

Yes you can kill people just fine up close with a 1x sight - but that true of all carbines.
    It has a slow ROF - that is bad - especially at range.
    It has the worst initial kick - that is bad a range.
    Its DPS is nothing special.
    The COH situation is really bad if you are moving.

The only thing it is good for is long distance single shot sniping - its exceptionally accurate one shot a time, shoots flat and retains energy.
    But single shot sniping with a carbine is not good role - its something you only do on unexpected occasions when you end up in the wrong place with the wrong gun.
  15. Craig1287

Well, the RoF might be a good thing for some. At range, when ADSing, the RoF means that the recoil isn't going to be bad. Given the very low cert cost of the gun, it appeals to new players and those that cannot/do not spend station cash. So the low RoF/low recoil might be a good thing for those players that plan to use it. I'll cover all of that in my review if that's what it turns out to be.
  16. Ghoest

NO
    The AC-X11 Has higher recoil per shot(huge for the first shot) and higher COH bloom so the slower firing does NOT help you.

The slow ROF itself is bad because of flinch lock.
  17. Craig1287

Again, I haven't used it much, so I can't say for sure yet, but if that is the case, then I'll include that in the review. I know that the NC gets screwed over a lot because of the flinch mechanic and out guns typically being slower RoF guns. But if I find that the gun is good for newbies to use, then they will likely not care too much about flinching as they are likely to die often when not having the jump on someone. But if it is easy to shoot, then I'll add that in the review as well. I try to look at all aspects of a gun, not just focus on the negatives.
  18. Xiphos

I find the GD-7F is good at close range. It continues to surprise me how fast targets drop with it. The downside of the high dps is that it burns through ammo so fast and the recoil isn't the easiest to control. The AF-19 Mercenary is better at longer ranges and more well-rounded.
  19. DuckSauce

Without attachments, the AC-X11 is terrible; it kicks too much to put the 5 or 6 shots on target you need to kill someone. With adv foregrip, compensator and HV ammo, it's fantastic and you'll suprise yourself with the ranges at which you get kills. It's basically a carbine variant of the default SAW with slower bullet velocity, a smaller magazine and faster reload. It's horrible at hipfire (much like the NC6 SAW) but its minimum CoF when aimed down sight is zero, so you get the accuracy of a sniper rifle without the sway and need to hold shift plus the ability to put follow-up shots on target. Sure we have much better options at close range, but weapon variety is GOOD for us. TR and VS get variants like the GD-7F and variants like the mercenary; neither of them gets anything like the AC.

It's probably not suited for your gameplay style, but it excels at 'mobile marksman'-type play and for engineers.
  20. Craig1287

Yea, that's why I suggest going with the extra magazines suit mod.