[Review] Flash and Concussive Grenades (Light/Heavy Assault)

Discussion in 'Light Assault' started by Wrel, Feb 10, 2013.

1. Wrel Developer

Let me know what you think!
    • Up x 4
  2. ThundaHawkPS

EMPs nades explode on contact as well.

Good vid.
  3. Wrel Developer

They actually explode about a quarter or half a second after impact. But it's close enough I guess.

Thanks for the comment.
  4. K2k4

So your one video got me watching some of your other videos. You do good reviews, and this information is extremely helpful (especially the tactics).
  5. Wrel Developer

Hey, glad you enjoyed it/them. If there's anything you'd like to see done in the future, please let me know :D
  6. K2k4

Now that you mention it, yes. If you could do a comparison of shotguns vs carbines vs smg's I'd like to see your insights.. I've been running slug ammo/jump jets/4x scope on my nighthawk (auto) shotty w/ camo for ambushing lately and its fun, but roughly 1/3 of the time I pretty much get killed like a ***** lol (can't get flank, shots don't register, etc). For more CQC I will switch to regular shotgun rounds and try to close the gap, which tends to work better. I tend to get frustrated w/ carbines b/c they seem inaccurate and have a slower ttk though so some tips on aiming may be useful (I hadn't realized just how bad the COF on solstice was until I watched your videos)
  7. Wrel Developer

This sounds like a fun project. Definitely want to do some videos on specific strategies, especially for the Light Assault class. But some more simple ones, like learning recoil compensation, basic mind games, or how to play to the strengths of your specific factions' weapons, could be important as well.

Thanks for the response.
  8. ThundaHawkPS

Nope. EMPs instantly remove shields when the grenade impacts a player, yourself included.
  9. Wrel Developer

Can't say I've tried hitting someone in the face with the grenade itself. Interesting to note.
  10. L337fox

I like vids like this
  11. Paqu

Great review as usual. This is what I have been waiting for and thanks to you I now know the flashbangs are definately not for me. They are just way too unreliable and since they cost more inf resources than normal nades I just dont find any use to them.

However the concussion grenades looked pretty nice. Too bad they are not available for LA. I would definately take them if they were.