Returning Player

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by CptFirelord, Dec 3, 2014.

1. CptFirelord

Yup, surprising isn't it? Why would anyone want to return to this game?

Well quite simply, there's nothing better on the market that offers the experience Planetside 2 does. But I'm not here to rant about the game, I'm here to catch up on what's been happening.

When I quit about... ~9 months ago, the VS were clearly the superior faction. Don't try to deny it, we all know they were very much superior. I've heard rumors the nerfbat has swung in the NCs favor as of late, is this true? Also, how has the air game faired?

I'm sure more questions will come to mind as the trolls and forumside players start rolling in with comments.
  2. HadesR

Well you're not on Mattherson anymore :)

And I'm sure people will disagree but the general balance outside of a few needed tweaks ( Banshee / Ravens as two examples ) is pretty much the best it's been since launch ..

Couple of highlights of new things is the Valkyrie Light Transport aircraft

And the Directive's ( Achievement based system that offers rewards )

Loads of others which I'm sure people with more time than myself will list..
    • Up x 1
  3. patrykK1028

Vanu nerfs, nerfs and even more Vanu nerfs.
    I dont think anything changed about air game. Maybe Airhammer nerf.
    • Up x 3
  4. CptFirelord

Awesome, thanks for the replies guys :D

I had heard very little about the directives... is it true there are new weapons as well that are side-grades or "middle ground" between weapons we already have?

The Valkyrie: Basically an air harasser?

I miss my Mattherson :,( but the outfit is back where it began so everything has gone full circle ^^
  5. Isokon

Yes, to some extent. The biggest change is probably VS directive weapons getting a heat mechanic instead of a magazine and ammo pool, at the price of having a smaller "theoretical" magazine when going full auto.
    Directive weapons can't equip attachments except for sights, the differences to the weapon they are based on are "built in".

It's somewhat of a strange mix between a harasser and a galaxy.
    • Up x 1
  6. Danath

Vehicle grenades are not ultraimproved anti-infantry nades anymore. They stick to MAXes and vehicles and deal a lot of damage to aircraft.
    • Up x 1
  7. OminousZ

And we still kick *** the weapons don't make the player...
    • Up x 3