Returning player, what happened with snipers?

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Hario, May 1, 2018.

1. Jbeasty

Not saying this should happen but...

I wouldn't shed a tear if sniper rifles were removed from the game, except for the KSR/impetus style etc.
    • Up x 1
  2. OldMaster80

The real countersniper is Infiltrator with Stalker cloaking. You can just stab in the back with a knife (OHK).
  3. infilallday

Thats a lot of running up and down mountains...
    • Up x 1
  4. Tombabmo

Definately too much Harry Potter BS going on in this game, majority of my deaths are because of infils or flashes that materialize in front of me to blast me away before I have time to do anything.
  5. Meeka

Sniping from hills is such a slow, boring, and uninteresting way to play. Unless they are exceptionally skilled at what they do, they, generally, are the most ineffective snipers unless they are exceptionally good shots or know how to prioritize targets to aid in a push; such as passing up the easy shots and, specifically, killing medics and engineers. It's very rare that I have to worry about snipers, even if there's a dozen of them in the hills.

Also, if you're getting killed by infils 'materializing' in front of your eyes, you're not paying attention; the cloaks are not invisible, you can see them unless you're just not paying attention.

However, my favorite place to be is where the truly dangerous and effective sniper is... right on the front line, sniping down targets amidst the chaos of the fight. Or, hunting down every other enemy infiltrator in the area... some of the most intense and exciting fights for me is meeting another competent infiltrator in a fight, ignoring everyone else, and playing the cat and mouse long game.

Generally speaking though, most snipers just end up in poor spitting matches with other snipers and aren't much of a threat.
    • Up x 2
  6. infilallday

This exactly.

Long range sniping is boring (to me) and as far as im concerned, not very helpful at all.

Sniping from within 150m maximum is much more enjoyable and because you are actually close to the base, other infil duties like motion spotting and terminal hacking can still be achieved.

I cannot for the life of my figure out some snipers. They stand still on a hill with their silhoette showing clear as day. Easiest target ever. I dont think the majority of snipers are aware just how visible they are...
    You know a skilled sniper just by watching them, if you can find them. When they do decide to fire, they will de cloak for only as long as it takes to press fire, cloak then move again.

Ive come across snipers that actually can sit on top of a hill, showing clear as day and still rack up the kills just by cloaking and moving. It certainly is a skillful role if you do it right.

So Meeka, sounds like you play infil the way i do. Please tell me youre on PS4 so we can meet up at an inactive base and proceed to hunt each other. Stuff what everyone else is doing...
  7. Twin Suns

Seems like the changes created a sub-class within sniper's.

The Designated Marksman: Can run with the squad and engage targets at a distance on the fly as the situation unfolds. Counter sniper/Sapper.

I never liked sniping, but I love sharpshooting.

P.s. Now...which gun is like the HM-90SE from M.A.G. :)
  8. Valrhok

I agree with giving sniper rifles to heavy or even better, engi. And before you guys ask, yes I play infiltrator a lot and I still find it to be too strong. I think cloak + sniperrifle is op as hell. At least if you do it right.
    As a sniper, range should be your defense. Not a damn cloak. Or make the cloak unusable for 10 sec. After shooting a sniper rifle.

It just got annoying as hell. Any time I play something other than infiltrator, there is always a sniper in every damn corner, shooting at me and I have to switch to infiltrator again, to counter him........
    • Up x 2
  9. Hereyagoboom

I kinda thing they already do with the Obelisk, Dragoon (hate this gun I use the AMR66) and Bishop. I love the Obelisk.
  10. TRspy007

Simple:

1. The class is cheap, and unless you're a complete moron, you're basically guaranteed a streak
    2. Instead of landing multiple headshots, you only need to land one to kill your target, and you get to cloak while you're aimig
    3. The 1hk capability is extremely versatile
    4. The DX11 update made it so you can effectively kill people while still appearing cloaked on their screen
    Basically the class is low risk, and it's not really hard to get rewarded. Many people are bad = many people play infil. The game has basically only buffed the class, while nerfing others. As a result, it's arguably one of the "best" classes in the game for people who want to obtain kills through cheesy, low risk, low skill methods.
  11. Blam320

Dude this thread is over two years old. Why didn't you just start a new one?