[BUG] Return the Orion's .75 ADS or give it SPA

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by SpeedFreakPS1, Aug 3, 2016.

1. SpeedFreakPS1

I am not here to be polite or politically correct but to state the facts and provide suggestions to resolve them, if you don't like what I have to say feel free to ignore my posts.
  2. JKomm

This guy is starting to remind me of FriendlyPS4 by making these false "BUG" threads and claiming they are a victim to their own incompetence. Vanu have the most powerful and versatile arsenal in the game... they are given a variety of weapons that outshine other factions. Low recoil, high accuracy, considerable RPM, no bullet drop, fast reloads... sometimes, no ammo whatsoever, you have weapons with HEAT MECHANICS which is incredibly powerful for an infiltrator. What is your downside? Lower velocity... if you cannot compensate for that one downside it's very clear why you play the Easy Mode Vanu.

At least the Terran Republic has to compensate for recoil, bullet drop, and low damage... that makes Vanu the "Point and Click Sovereignty"... this reigns true with such weapons like the Lancer, which have instantaneous travel time, but oh no that weapon is too hard to use for your faction. Your MAX weapons have high accuracy as well, and none of them are affected by bullet drop, not even the Comet which makes it extremely powerful for starter AV.

You want to keep complaining about the TR? I don't think you'd even be able to play a faction where you have to compensate for more than just velocity.
    • Up x 1
  3. ColonelChingles

It's the third worst because it is used by new players. However, it's important to note that the CARV and SAW are all worse than the Orion... so the Orion is still the best performing starter LMG.

Third highest... but still lower than the SAW or the CARV.

Uh, no. The stats pretty much contradicted everything you said about the Orion, actually. I'll quote you again to remind you of what you said:

More people do not use the Orion as compared to the CARV or SAW. The Orion is still used more than the "better alternatives" that the TR or NC have.
    • Up x 3
  4. DrakeFang

I'm not here to be polite either. Nor am I here to listen to your moronic and uninformed whining.

Now are you going to ask me to stay clear of your threads again, or are you going to actually address the arguments I made regarding why the Orion does not and should not have a .75 ADS and SPA.

You don't have any moral ground to stand on here. None of us do. What we do have is factual basis, and at the moment mine seems to be stronger. Or did you ignore my points because your "safe space" request was more important?
  5. Pat22

While I certainly don't share SpeedFreak's opinion of the Orion, I believe you are mistaken. It is in fact the NC that have the most versatile arsenal in the faction, with many best-in-slot options for most weapon categories.
    VS weapons also generally suffer from higher FSRM and horizontal recoil variance, and the 'faster' reloads ( usually less than a tenth of a second ) hardly make up for the disadvantage in damage-per-magazine when compared to TR's 40-round weapons and NC's 167 damage weapons.

Also, yes, the Heat mechanic guns are awesome, but the infiltrator's is the least awesome. I think you've picked the wrong one of the bunch for your example.
    • Up x 1
  6. Taemien

I've got an idea.

Return .75 ADS to the VS.

However VS weapons see a return of 3 damage tiers. Just like they had at launch.
  7. orangejedi829

I actually think the CARV is in a wonderful place; any better and it would become rather OP and in danger of being nerfed into the ground, I think. However, as someone who has aurax'ed the SAW twice, I agree that it could really use some love. It's terrible for noobs, servicable for mid-levels, and terrible for pros.
    And of course, the last thing the Orion needs is a buff.
  8. Mefi

Since there's few weapons left that still have the legacy damage profile, here's an example how VS weapons looked compared to others: http://ps2model-axiom.rhcloud.com/#dmg/la/1/33/32
  9. EPIC389

There is nothing wrong with the orion

And not having spa or a 0.75 ads speed multiplier is not a bug
  10. D4rk50ul

Am I the only one who rarely uses the Msw-r unless I'm in a bio lab? It's horribly inaccurate at range as its horizontal recoil is a joke. The Carv is actually a more reliable weapon even with the stupid long reloads.
  11. FieldMarshall

FriendlyPS4 lol
  12. MrMinistry30

Comparing the Orion to the other starter LMGs, it is clearly not better. Did you ever think of the possibility that many VS only used it because it was the only LMG that could really compete (statswise) with the standard dps-models of the other factions?

The Orion is nothing more than a crippled MSW-R without SPA and ALS. If you compare them closely, you see that they are pretty much the same UNTIL you throw in the attachments because this is the moment the MSW-R becomes much better.

Honestly guys, the orion is one of the very few weapons for VS that have the same dps as most weapons of the other factions with NO further advantages and some idiots still complain it was too strong? Bring back the 0,75 ADS for orion (and betelgeuse) so that it has at least 1 advantage when attachments are not an option!
  13. 1Tap2Tap

Starter LMGs:

VS: Orion (no SPA)

TR: CARV (no SPA)

NC: SAW (no SPA)

If you look at the available attachments it´s quite clear that the GD-22S was designed to be the NC starter LMG (same attachments as Orion and CARV). That was changed to SAW for "MOAR FACTION FLAVOR, SCREW NC NUBS". But guess what, GD-22S has also no SPA.

You also realise the Orion got buffed in other stats when they removed 0.75x ADS, right?

What kind of nonsense thread is this?
    • Up x 1
  14. D4rk50ul

Most VS guns exceed other factions in terms of rounds per minute, less downtime due to faster reloads, very close to the same DPS, no bullet drop, and excessively good accuracy and recoil. I already did the math on another thread so I won't go do it again.

I'd say if anything they need to look at rebalancing NC a bit to make them easier to handle for new players and a few of the horrible guns across all factions to bring them up to par with the popular choices.
  15. Eternaloptimist

But what do you think we can do about your gripes? You are nothing more than dark comedy to other forum users. Spam Reddit or the DBG issue tracker or something and you might get a response (even if it is just a ban).
  16. Naaahhhhh

can someone please make a stat comparisson between MSW-R and Orion? I always asked myself how similar they are? I dont know where i can find stats like recoil angle or bloom increase per shot.
  17. Insignus

To be honest, I'm generally concerned that any LMG have handling on par with pistols/smgs/shotguns. It doesn't make sense to me that they would, regardless of faction.

ADS attempts to model weapon handling using a multiplier. The premise, as I see it, is that lighter, smaller weapons are easier to control. This is modeled to a degree on real-life ergonomics - a pistol, shotgun, or submachine gun is generally easier to train on a target and traverse than a fully loaded assault rifle (Although many carbines can be short and light enough to be relatively easy to handle.

An LMG is generally heavier, sometimes as a result of having heavier components, attachments, and materials, but most definitely because of additional ammunition. LMGs in this game tend to come with high magazine counts, typically 100 rounds.

That said, giving it SPA is probably fine.
  18. Okaydan

Then why not do the following: swap Orion and MSW-R completely.

TR is happy because the current Orion is somehow better than the MSW-R :confused:
    VS is happy because now they have a better Orion...

If that is true, it should be changed. Requiring 2 headshots beyond 100m instead of 1 headshot + 1 bodyshot is totally not worth the little "extra" damage before 100m.
  19. ridicOne

Lol I love when people use no bullet drop as something of value or reload time speed that is insignificant in real time use. Recoil that is vertical is easier to control then horizontal. It basically invalidates anything good you might have posted.
    I find it funny people that haven't played a fair amount of all factions coming on here and talking about things they don't have a full scope of view to judge with. Making biased assumptions and using the oracle stat tracker as a full on guide to judge changes that need to be implemented. It's a solid initial way to get a look but shouldn't be the only thing used to make decisions because u can't just go by kills.
    You don't want DBG to Nerf stuff because they haven't done a good job doing changes. Look at population numbers and people tend to cling to the presumed best faction. Look at the high and then the low use that as some insight.
  20. Okaydan

Very substantial post. Really deep. I love how you make clear points and actively contribute to the topic. Well done man, example post right there. /s

Now seriously, Mr. Insight, enlighten us with something more substantial. There's literally nothing in your post that is a) not super obvious or b) off-topic ranting/opinions.