Return of the Wraith Flash?

Discussion in 'Infiltrator' started by Get2dachoppa, Dec 21, 2013.

1. Get2dachoppa

Seems they nearly went extinct once the Fury was nerfed and the Harasser was released. But now the Harasser has been nerfed and the Fury has gotten a bit of a buff. With all the sniper rifle talk lately, I think this hasn't been getting much attention. Has anyone taken their Wraith Flash out for a spin since the update?

Here's the relevant patch notes for anyone interested and hadn't read it yet.

M40 Fury
    The Fury performs well, but we want the fury to be a more distinct choice compared to other similar options. We’re going to do this by allowing increasing its direct hit damage and allowing that to do damage to heavy armor. The damage it can do to heavy armor will be higher than what it could do previously. Its blast radius will be brought to match the PPA and Marauder, but we will also increase its magazine size. As one of the changes to promote the Harasser getting closer to targets, the Harasser and Flash variant is adjusted to do less direct damage than the tank version.

M40 Fury
    • Direct damage increased from 300 to 400
    • Blast damage reduced from 550 to 334
    • Blast damage inner radius reduced from 2 meters to 1 meter
    • Blast damage outer radius reduced from 4 meters to 3 meters
    • Magazine size increased from 5 to 8
    • Ammo Capacity for Flash increased from 30 to 48
      • Certifications increased to 8 per rank up from 5
    • Ammo Capacity for Sunderer increased from 100 to 160
      • Certifications decreased to 8 per rank up from 20
    • Up x 1
  2. OldMaster80

Still a suicide-run but it's extremly fun as hit & run flanking vehicle. Personally I use the Combat Chassis for increased manoeuvrability and stealth to remain unseen.
    • Up x 1
  3. SevenTwo

I've been using the Wraith Fury Flash recently and it's been... interesting.

The Flash is still a terrible vehicle due to handling issues (which might be caused by not having scrapper fully certed yet) and generally the severely limited firing arc really does a number on the vehicle's offensive capability.

I think the best use I've had with it, is when I've been able to use the cloak to sneak up at a distance on a parked Sunderer and just lobbed Fury shells onto it. Usually you can get a few kills this way, but people are on to it really quick, making it necessary to relocate... which is where your problems begin.

Because of the Flash being such a **** to drive, you have a good chance to lose control of the vehicle for a short duration, at which point you are likely to be as holed as a swiss chesse. Or you will spend so much time getting a good firing arc, that the opportunity of the moment is missed and you just whiff all your shots.

You can however use it to harass Harassers now - when they drive off smoking from an engagement, quickly follow them and wait for them to find a place to lay low. A full Fury to the butt wil take a really good chunk off a Harasser, which might be enough to splode' it if hasn't repaired up enough.
    • Up x 2
  4. Ttariel

Combat flash is one of the most fun things in the game, until it starts to backflip because you bump into 1 inch tall grass.
    If it will ever get a little movement buff i can see it being a goodchoice for solo play.
    • Up x 1
  5. Wayfar

The previous nerfs aren't what kept me from using it as much. It was the handling. With the changes, I've been pulling mine more, but still... Not that great at handling. Beyond that, I actually like the changes to the weapon.
  6. Biddion

Does a flash have to carry a fury? The fury is a short-mid range weapon which means you will be in range of others and easily attacked. While the fury is a nice weapon, I have had just as much success with the kobalt-f. Sure you can't damage vehicles but you can follow smoking one's and take out the driver trying to repair it. Park yourself on a hill looking down on infantry and fire away. With a few upgrades to zoom it makes a fairly accurate weapon.

Another idea is a 6 basilisk flash squad. Uncloak together and open fire.
  7. Rift23

Wraith Flash is worth getting for snipers just so you can flank the incoming zergs and then redeploy to another side when your current spot gets too hot. It's also good for sneaking around to the quiet side of a base or for crossing no-man's land where you'd normally run out of nanites for the cloak before getting to the next piece of cover.