RESUPPLY

Discussion in 'Engineer' started by HerpTheDerp, Jul 26, 2013.

1. HerpTheDerp

...with no XP :(

Anyone has details on how the XP limit on resupply works?
  2. RealityWarrior

No idea but I am hitting the cap constantly.
  3. TKBoom

I have noticed this as well. Before, I rarely, if ever hit the cap for resupply. Now, I seem to hit it after about 10 resupplies. It seems they lowered the cap on it considerably. Would have been nice to see that in the update notes.
    • Up x 1
  4. r0bert173

I know that they did it to prevent people from boosting each other (2 engineers each shoot one shot from pistol and reload giving the other xp). But it really gets annoying when you are supplying your platoon's maxes and stop getting xp.
  5. Fyrel

I Don't think they lowered the cap. They did change it a few patches ago to show the resupply update when you don't receive any xp.

The cap does seem way to low, no incentive to upgrade my ammo pack further.
    • Up x 2
  6. LibertyRevolution

I had never hit the cap before the new esamir, on new esamir you hit the cap in under 1 min.

When I stop getting XP, I stop dropping ammo.

I'm not going to put my gun away, pull out an ammo pack, and risk getting shot, for 0 XP.
    Sorry guys.. complain to SOE if you want me to start dropping ammo again.
    • Up x 2
  7. SirIBON

i look from the nice supporter guys view.
    Good, that my mates still get ammo, even if i do not get points for it.
    I get, as all other points for winning the fight.

Do you fight for EXP? I fight for my Fraction and my Team. And of Course for the Honour of Vanu and IVRI :)
    • Up x 1
  8. Ryekir

Except it lasts longer and has a bigger radius, so you can spend more time doing other things to get XP (like killing enemies) rather than constantly dropping ammo packs.

I recently played on an alt character that didn't have any ammo upgrades and got really annoyed that my ammo packs kept disappearing. (It seemed like they lasted only 30 seconds)
  9. Soporific

Is the XP limit until the player dies and starts over? I dropped an ammo pack in Sanc/Warpgate spawn room and it just kept clicking like crazy. I've never noticed it stopping in a firefight either.

~S
  10. RealityWarrior

The cap seems to reset when you enter a new hex area or die. I hit the cap constantly in combat.
  11. ShoeFlip

For me this cap seemingly only applies to one character that keeps resupplying.. if another faction member comes over for ammo I still get exp from him, just not getting exp from the guy camping on top of the pack.
  12. Korban

so you've reached the cap o repair xp in general, when what about the service ribbon for repairing? Is that capped as well?
  13. PresidentFreeman

I discovered this the other night as well, it is a good idea, well at least better than a straight cap.

I understand that a ridiculous amount of points can be netted by efficient placement of ammo packs (I've gained my fair share before the change), but at least make it so that after a certain point it only gives points for every third or fourth reload per-person.

Receiving nil when you are helping to maintain a push seems wrong to me.

I would like to know when the cap disappears as well, all of this really needed to be explained better by the devs.