Restoration kits... why bother?

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Scan, Sep 10, 2013.

1. Scan

Hello,

I've been wondering for awhile now. Been trying to search for advantages that the restokit has over the "BAM you're full health" Medkits.

If there was anything possible advantage I could think of, it would have to be that the regen continues until you are at full health, even while taking damage in the process.

Seeing as how I had its effect end, before I had full health though, this doesn't seem to be the case.

Is is possible to use this before you engage into combat perhaps? Something you'd activate before you get into that gun fight, so it'll heal you during the fight until it worn off?

Does anyone even use these things? And why?
  2. EvilJollyT

Yes you can. Its quite good actually, although I don't use it personally.
    • Up x 2
  3. TheBloodEagle

Yup, I think you can potentially get back more HP than a Medkit. So if you're HA, you have Resist shield with Nanoweave then you can also pop the Res Kit with the shield and go nuts in a room or firefight. When I played Combat Medic more like Medium Assault, I'd turn on the Nano-Regen before entering a room.
    • Up x 1
  4. Camycamera

i use it on my HA. it is great for when you get shot and is best used when you know when you have no shields and low health, and that there is a high possibility of you being shot. popping one will give you extra time.

Wrel sums it up nicely here:

• Up x 1
  5. bodmans

It works very well in combination with HA's resist shield, but i cant think of any class other than CM that would benefit from it
  6. Stromberg

when indar is full and there's item lag again, you gonna appreciate restoration kits, cuz medkits don't work at all.
  7. TheBloodEagle

I have yet to try Res-Kit with Nano-Regen in a firefight, could be a really great combo to put on before a firefight as to be like a pseudo-HA-shield.
  8. Scan

Thanks for the quick answers everyone. :)
  9. Enchman

This right here. I had MedKits fully certed and have fully switched to RestoKits due to how many times Medkits just fail to work. Restokits do not suffer from that bug/lag.
  10. Darkplace

They're annoying when you forget which you have and cloak after using it, disabling the effect.

Medkits for quick heal - recloak.