Resource system is broken and the revamp can't come soon enough - here's why...

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by NovaAustralis, Aug 17, 2013.

1. NovaAustralis

Here's the Briggs Indar map this afternoon:[IMG]
    NC were left with six whole hexes to generate resources (including the WG).

Here's how much resources NC was getting (and this is with a 12% bonus for low population).
    [IMG]
    15 Infantry Resources every 5 minutes = 250 minutes (or 4 hours 10 minutes) ! to get back up to 750.
    When one grenade costs 45 Infantry Resources this means it takes 15 minutes just to get resources back for one grenade!
    Don't even worry about other grenade types, bouncing betties, anti-tank mines or of course the new MAX cost of a whopping 350 Infantry Resources...

Same goes for the Air Resources.
    Guess all those certs I put into maxing out my Reaver's Acquisition Timer was for nothing...
    GG

- MAXs need to be cheaper. (100 resources to 350 resources was too much of a jump). I think 200 (double) would be fairer.
    - Infantry resources need to go up to 1500, due to all the drains on it.
    - Auto-resupply needs to actually work. When the Infantry resources bar does finally hit 750, if you aren't watching it and don't spend it, you'll miss any resources that come in after that.
    • Up x 13
  2. NovaAustralis

bumping for visibility and the fact that this still sucks
  3. Cab00se187

So move to another continent to build up resources??:confused:
  4. NovaAustralis

and if all 3 continents are capped by the same faction?
    and my faction only has a small numbers of hexes on all 3 continents?
    Then what?
  5. Regpuppy

Considering in every battle no matter how large or small, I'm still seeing maxes it probably means it's fine. Any lower and it isn't really far from them being spammy as hell again. Seriously though, as soon as I spawn a max I know I'm going to be sitting in it for a minimum of 30 minutes if I'm in a platoon. Between being revivable and the fact that a lot of engies seem to play the class for that delicious repair xp means I can sometimes go an hour or more in my max suit if I play conservatively and stick near the group.

As for the drains on infantry resources, a lot of the explosives are irrelevant. The ability to stack 40 of each one sort of leaves me able to cap them out in most battles and when I can't, I just cap them out later during downtime. I haven't exhausted my full stock of explosives in months. I'd argue that infantry explosives are too stackable and too spammable as is. The resource costs and resource cap are suppose to limit how spammable they are, but it doesn't do it properly. Thankfully the revamp is suppose to get rid of this storage.

Aside from that, yeah it would be nice to have the revamp already. It'd mean vehicle users would have to choose instead of doing the cycle of ESF, lightning, then MBT, and etc. It would also make resources dependent on the base you're at instead of around the whole continent. Which would definitely be an improvement over the current slippery slope situation we have now for the faction on the losing end. Currently the resource system only hampers those that shouldn't be and fails to do so for the people it should
    • Up x 3
  6. Cab00se187

Then you have bigger problems to worry about over getting resources. Such as really bad population imbalance.
    • Up x 1
  7. Xeenos

Well, if you can't wait for the changes to come into play, perhaps put some serious thought into an exodus. Get as many people as you can from your server on NC to just leave. If the TR have everything locked like that there really is nothing fair that SoE can do, they can't punish the TR for playing the game. But you can, if you and as many people as you can take with you go to another server and perhaps balance out the NC population there. Will it kill the server? Maybe, but who cares? If what you are showing is the constant state of things, let it die. Let the population be comprised of nothing but TR players and they can claim victory over the server and live happily ever after in servitude to the man. While you and the rest of the NC will be off giving the good fight on another server that could be balanced by your presence. I suggest Connery, though I've not been on in a month or more so i hardly know the current state of affairs.

Anyone else found it interesting that the faction apparently winning across the board is in fact the one that should be winning? I mean the VS are scientists and such, not really soldiers, sure some of them might be but they lack that military machine sense. The NC are freedom fighters, farmers and workers funded by corporate self interests. The TR are a working well greased machine of war or otherwise, sure the VS might have occasional cunning moves to make, some strike or another, and the NC would likely be a pain on supply lines, gorilla tactics and what have you. But at the end of the day, i don't think either one would ever really win, though they might not ever really be snuffed out either.
  8. NovaAustralis

Exactly.
  9. IamDH

I'd prefer if this:
    Only applies to the underpop faction.
  10. Tragachinos

Yes they can, and they should.
    Problem is that TR is more appealing for people for whatever reasons (ease of use, versatility and public perception as an 'OP faction'). Incentives as exp/resources bonuses to underpopulated faction just flat out don't work. No matter how much exp do you get, being outnumbered and as consequence losing just isn't fun, so the people quit or relog to TR.

That leaves us with the only real solution: to make TR less appealing for the players. The simpliest and the quickiest way would be to start that 'nerfhammer' swinging at the TR. And it doesn't even matter if in reality TR weapons are overpowered or not. The goal is to reduce the TR population, but not completely destroy it.
  11. IamDH

or they could just buff NC/VS
    • Up x 1
  12. asmodraxus

A resource change needs to be done so as to provide some form of brake on the over populated (and thus owner of most of the continents), whilst also providing more survivability to the under populated one.

Maybe if the home hex's generated an obscene amount of resources for the home side when they are fighting there (ie x amount of enemy territory + enemies within y amount of hex's) and the bulk of the map around the middle, the resource gain was more limited.
  13. Tragachinos

Yes. I said the simpliest and quickest solution was to nerf TR.
    Buffs to other factions would take more time and thought put into it. Does SOE have time?
  14. IamDH

How long would it take to reduce NC max reload time?

Buffs/nerfs should be easy if its the way i imagine it (im not a developer)
  15. Tragachinos

I guess it would take a couple of hours to change values on some weapons. But overbuff something and the problem (overpopulation) will still be there, just painted of another colour.
  16. Regpuppy

The magazine size is the bigger issue. Right now everything but the grinder is unable to reliable face down other maxes near our own range without reloading. The fix to that is spending 1000 certs to have weapons that are anywhere near competitive. This throws up a huge wall for the casual and free players. As right after they spend 1000 certs/700 SC on that hacksaw or mattocks, they need to throw down an extra 500 for each gun for it to work like other factions max guns do straight out of the box.

It's basically a necessity for NC maxes when it should be a bonus like it is for the other factions. They've already toned down the rate of fire, so it's not really a change in dps or TTK. Just more lasting power
    • Up x 1
  17. Redemer

that would work unless there is an active alert which is the biggest reason for fast recource loss well u can always just say **** the alert since u now have 2 participate in the alert 2 even get anything
  18. Redemer

when they nerfed the scattercannons they didnt just tone down the rpm the nerfed mag size pellet count and dmg in other words the pretty much nerfed them in everyway possible
  19. Regpuppy

Well, yeah. Then they hit it again in the global shotgun nerf too. But giving back the magazine sizes of old would at least make them usable in their default state. Right now they fall a little short when fighting other maxes... in what's suppose to be their comfort zone, which is unacceptable balance-wise.
    • Up x 1
  20. Redemer

if u ask me the first nerf pretty much broke em since they only worked in up 2 5m anyway now a ZOE max can out dmg u at 3m
    • Up x 1