"Resource Revamp" explanation please?

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by SwornJupiter, Apr 9, 2015.

1. SwornJupiter

So the term "resource revamp" has been tossed around a lot lately, but I must have missed the time period where it was actually explained and broken down.
    Now all I hear is how people hate nanites.
    And then I hear that the old system of certain territories supplying infantry/aerospace/mechanised resources also sucked.
    What do people actually want to see implemented or changed? Would someone be so kind as to give me a quick recap?
    Thankyou.
  2. Danath

With the old system, controlling connected territories mattered, so capturing a base was an actual objective. Now you couldn't care less of what bases you control (except at least one Tech Plant) if there is no alert going on. So in fact all you can aspire to achieve is to farm certs, brag about your K/D and such.

The bad side was that the winning faction got more resources to keep winning even more easily, and the losing faction(s) couldn't fight back because the lack of resources; snowball effect, there are no fights.

I guess veterans from PS1 want resource system from that game, which is more strategic.