Resist or NMG

Discussion in 'Heavy Assault' started by Electryc, Aug 5, 2015.

1. Electryc

Hello everyone, I'm going to create a new character, but I don't know which is the best shield for the HA.
    Resist + ASC or NMG + Nanoweave?
    I don't include the Adrenaline shield because it is expensive...
  2. Keldred

Adrenaline shield and advances shield capacitor will serve you best in the long run. With the 100 certs per lvl till 15 you can almost fully cert adrenaline shield without issue. Dont make the mistake i did and not cert it cause its expensive. best shield by far.
    • Up x 1
  3. Shanther

This is sorta not true. Adren is ONLY good if you are actually able to kill really well. IE you have a high KPM. If you don't a max rank NMG will be better.
    • Up x 2
  4. Keldred

If you are playing a heavy most of the time your shield will secure at least one kill. at max that is 25% of your shield restored. Now lets say you come across a group of units. you can pop your shield kill one unit and recover your startup cost. IF you are able to keep the chain going you will replenish your shield. If you have time to wait for the NMG then you have time to wait for the adrenaline shield. The whole reason why i switched was because i kept finding myself with my shield down rather than up. Adrenaline shield will be available in far more situations that the NMG will.
    • Up x 1
  5. RedArmy

NMG + Nanoweave gives you the most HP for harder hitting fights - Resist + ASC for more stable frequent fights
    • Up x 1
  6. Electryc

I know that Adrenalin shield is the best, but I prefer to max out it because is best at max rank, the Resist and the NMG are cheap so I can save some certs for something else. When I have enough certs I will use it.
    I always used the NMG, but I have to wait for it to recharge.
    I tried the resist shield, but I can't escape from bad situations with it.
    And I have another question: when I active the Resist, it mitigates also the green bar and not only the shield, right?
  7. NCstandsforNukaCola

there isn't the best shield. Each has upsides and downsides.
    You have both shield in the beginning, Resist shield and NMG. try both before you choose. Generally NMG is good for newcomers though.
    • Up x 2
  8. Electryc

I have enough experience, I need a shield that is the best at the beginning vs BR100.
    I never used the Resist, it mitigates damage only on the shield or also on the green bar?
    If yes, I think I'm going to use the Resist.
  9. NCstandsforNukaCola

Resist works for both bars, health and basic shield. If you are not a new player, then I guess you have enough understanding about client hit detection, so I don't mind recommending resist shield. Also in my personal experience, It happens to get lots of EMP nades these days. So you will need a quick-recharge shield. Then, Resist shield is perfect for that case. Combined with Adv. Capacitor, you will be fully shielded in no time even after being hit by EMP.
    • Up x 1
  10. Liewec123

i'm in the resist+ASC team,
    nanoweave died imho when they disabled it from stacking with resist shield,
    NMG and adrenaline take too long to recharge for me.
    • Up x 1
  11. Electryc

Ok guys I think I'm going to Resist + ASC, the NMG takes too much time for recharge but when I've enough certs I'll switch to Adren.
    Thanks for the replies :)
    • Up x 1
  12. johnway

Before the nerf, resist shield and Nanoweave was king. You could outgun other heavies that had NMG.

But ever since that time, i prefer the NMG as its the most reliable. Since my TTk is woeful and the cost of the adrealine shield, i didn't bother with it. To make the most of it, you really do need to max out the adrenaline shield.

NMG does have its disadvantages, namely the slow recharge speeds and expensive activation costs. But it does absorb all damage until it runs out.

I'm not sure about resist now. i don't know whether its worth using anymore. I might have to check out wrel's video again and see whether its worth the effort anymore.
  13. Stainlesssteel

It is Clearly situational for my taste...
    When you find yourself most of the time ambushed or flanked the NMG gives you the 1-2 sek to turn around and fire back!
    When your always know where the enemy is.. you activate your RS enter the room eat fire and return fire just fine!
    When you are a hell of a killer and always dominate what ever is coming ..use the Adrenaline shield and nobody will drop you from your throne ! (exept the lucky/skilled Sniper)
  14. IronMouse

Adrenaline.
  15. Ximaster

Im an user of resist shield and advanced shield capacitor,and sometimes i can kill 2 or 3 guys one back another and still i have some health or if the guys are noobs my secondary sheild have little charge. I recommend with that combo upgrade medkits.
  16. Khallixtus

The shields are all great, although once you can cert adrenaline shield, drop NMG, as max rank adrenaline means that one kill is almost enough to offset the recharge speed.
    ASC + Resist is what I'm running at the moment, as I like the stability, as it will always give the same amount of resistance every fight. However, you need to be able to press that button immediately, only allowing for yourself to be hit by one shot maximum before turning it on, otherwise it doesn't have enough impact as you have already lost some shields.
    Adrenaline + Nanoweave is great for CQC 1v1s that happen very quickly. If you are in a long range fight, don't run Adrenaline/NMG, as the activate and drain will both contribute enough to shield depletion to the point where Resist would've stopped more damage. However, running Adrenaline + Nanoweave in close quarters is insane, as it doesn't matter if they get the drop on you, Adrenaline will still absorb the same amount, and it will always absorb 600+ damage (if they can aim) and Nanoweave will soften the rest of the hits like a bit of a mini Resist.

Use them depending on personal preference and where you are fighting. If you just want to be able to go out there and win a single 1v1 definitively, use Adrenaline + NMG. If you tend to do more shooting at range, definitely take Resist, but be very ready to press that "F" button (or whatever you use) very quickly.
  17. Chazt

Adrenaline shield is way better than any other shield in my book. As long as you can aim straight you will reset it.
  18. Iridar51