Resist + Aux Shield?

Discussion in 'Heavy Assault' started by Valskmey, Apr 22, 2017.

1. Valskmey

Is Auxillary Shield and Resist Shield a better combo than Resist + Restoration Kit or is the latter a better choice?
  2. Eternaloptimist

I run Regen 3 or 4 implant so I have the aux shield for the extra 50 armour rather than resto kit on HA. Before that I used to equip medkit for instant full strength heal.

I am not so up to date on shields as I haven't played much HA since the changes to shield mechanics. But I believe resist shield is considered the one that gives you most protection (or longest protection) regardless of what else you are equipping. I've heard that it protects against headshot multiplier as well but could be wrong.
  3. Valskmey

Well, I'm a very long ways away from implants, methinks, since those seem to shape up as an end-game cert sink, I think.

I remember reading that the strategy was running Resist/Resto for the heal-over-time stacking with the 40% resistance, but I'm not sure how good that is now with the new Auxy shield utility. Also, I'm certain the Resist Shield doesn't protect against headshots as medium range plinking versus Infiltrators is the bane of my existence!

And personally, I find myself taking cover once I've burned through my shield hp anyways, since I can't really seem to find situations where I can inject Resto and go about walking-fire with my shield on.
  4. Zuprize

Resist shield does not negate headshot multipliers, the damage reduction goes to it's normal damage and then get's the headshot multiplication. Example for sniper rifles from point blank range: 700*60%*2.1, same goes for infiltrator nano armor cloaking.

*2.1 or 2.2 is the headshot multiplier for sniper rifles so you can survive on sniper bullet with a little health remaining.
    • Up x 2
  5. BoatsFriends

You are correct.

Resist Shield does negate damage done from headshots, as well as body shots, and leg shots and explosions...etc...all damage.

As opposed to nanoweave armor (only small arms fire/kobalts) which does not reduce damage from headshots.

But for leg shots, is the modifier additive or multiplicative? I assume the latter but I've never checked.
  6. Zuprize

Resist shield does not negate damage from explosions, as far as I know anyway, as the description implies it reduces 40% damage from small arms fire. If it would reduce splash damage it would be a bug or unintended feature to it, based of the description.
    As I mainly use resist on my heavy I am pretty sure a HE shell next to you will kill you (not direct hit). Only way to survive would be to have aux shield equipped since HE does 1000 damage and you would have 1050 that way (prowler HE kills you thou).

Nanoweave armor used to reduce headshot damage just like current resist shield, but as I have read many players have complained that people do not die from a one shot headshot from 150+ range or around that range and was changed to reduce damage every zone of the body except the head. I have started playing PS 2 at the start of last year and this change was before that, unless someone else would like to tell the tale that is all I know.