Request to Engineers from Infiltrators

Discussion in 'Engineer' started by Kislany, Oct 26, 2014.

1. Kislany

Just a quick note that I appreciate every comment posted in this thread. Obviously if everyone agreed with everything posted, we would have no conversations going. I especially thank you those posters of different opinion who were civil without any name callings - there is really no need for that now is it ;)
  2. repairtool6

I really really dont agree with you, but you are right there was not necessary to be rude so you deserve apology
  3. Plastikfrosch

The engys are not requested to drop no ammo, but they are requested to not drop it right beneath a deep cloaked infiltrator. a pack on the other side of the room or as suggested on page 2 of this thread: drop the ammo, let the infil get new ammo and then drop another pack outside so that the other one will vanish.
    We dont want to not teamplay, but we dont want our teammates to show the enemy where we are. there is a reason why we pick our hiding spots (good view over the whole room, being able to kill and find a cover nearby in case of more enemys etc.)
  4. Dethfield

Dear infiltrators

Stop being useless sacks of poo, sitting on a mountain trying to be an "elite sniper". We need you to get your lazy butts inside the base with the rest of us.
    • Up x 1
  5. Plastikfrosch

when we are on top of a mountain there is no problem with ammopack showing where we are, because we are alone up there (most of the time). the problem comes for the deep cloaked stalkers inside of bases (so exactly where you want us to be). when we are there, protecting a generator or a capture point our cloak is our line of defence. If someone marks us (in this case with an ammo pack), it is realy contraproductive for the whole team (because showing the enemy where the teammates are is a di**move).
  6. Dethfield

Stalkers hiding in a corner doing nothing are not what we want either.
  7. Plastikfrosch

we dont do nothing, we are waiting for someone to try to capture a point or compromise a gen and then we kill them. We dont have to run around like heavys and shoot down everything and we dont have the firepower or the health/shields to do so. We hide or we sneak around.
  8. Nintyuk

If there's a ammo icon above your head I'm dropping a ammo kit, however with my maxed kit I will drop it in a spot that affect the area with the best coverage. When it comes to snipers a ammo kit nearby within range is a godsend as you can literally snipe all day. Same with AA-lock on's.
  9. Leivve

You're not throwing out your darts or placing your motion detectors, so what do you want me to think?
  10. Smoovious

Yes, but put the ammo kit where it can't be seen. If he's up on a ridge waiting for a shot, drop it a couple feet behind him before you go over the ridge, or in the opposite corner of the room.

You two are supposed to be on the same team, so help him out, and he'll help you out by taking out an enemy about to kill you.

It isn't an engineers vs infiltrators thing.

Do we not get enough combat with 2 enemy factions that we have to treat our own faction as an enemy?

Think tactics.

That resupply pack tossed in the opposite corner, will be close enough for him to sneak over still cloaked and rearm if he wants, or he can stay where he is while some enemy investigates to see if an infiltrator is there, and gets shot in the back.

We got too many people in this game who don't bother to think things through.

#1 being... don't stand in front of someone's gun when he's aiming. Especially when he's crouched. Stand behind and shoot over his head if you want. It isn't like you can't see him in the doorway trying to cover a choke point across the room or something.

(oh, and enough with the revenge-killing... this is war... unintentional friendly fire is going to happen in a chaotic environment. just comes with the territory)

-- Smoov
  11. f0d

if you as an infiltrator dont appreciate my ammo pack then you are not spamming motion sensors like you should be

when i play infil i want that ammo pack so badly that im constantly spamming "need ammo" so i can make the whole area light up with motion sensors, motion sensors are a huge help for the whole team

so when i throw an ammo pack at you its because when i play infil i know how much those ammo packs are wanted - i have never heard (until now) of an infil that diddnt actually want that ammo pack

also when i see an ammo pack by itself i dont think "ooh theres an infil there" because thats just nonsense - engineers throw ammo packs around at random everywhere - if i thought an infil was where there when i saw an ammo pack i would think i was surrounded by infils and go crazy
  12. BobSanders123

Next time I will place tank mines instead. Or put a spitfire right next to you. Or maybe some proximity mines. Or C4. Or two C4.
  13. Nintyuk

Of-course I'm not going to drop it at their feet, it doesn't make sense to leave it in a corner when I can place it around the middle and cover the entire room. As for snipers It really doesn't matter as at sniping ranges I don't think ammo pack's even render let alone be easily spotted.
  14. Smoovious

Yeah, I'd be fine with that too...

but the dropping of the pack, by itself, isn't the problem.

it is the body language...

yeah yeah, I know, but don't laugh, cuz it matters.

You're watching from a vantage point, as an engineer in the distance is running across your field of view... then you watch him suddenly stop for a second, turn, maybe take a couple steps in the direction he turned, throw out something, then start running again in the direction he was going in the first place.

That is a dead giveaway of where the infiltrator was sitting, unnoticed by you. When I see that? You bet I open fire on that spot he interrupted his run for. The engineer just showed me a point of interest for me.

Could the engineer have thrown out a tank mine or a betty instead there? Sure... am I going to take a couple shots at that spot anyways to try to detonate them? You bet. Either way, there was something there worth shooting at, and that's what mattered.

I could take some shots at the engineer instead to take him out, but honestly, I suck at trying to hit a moving target with my rifle, and tend to wait until they close the distance to get a better shot... but a target that isn't moving? Yeah, I can hit those pretty reliably. Tank mines, bettys, and crouched cloaked infiltrators trying to hide and patiently wait for their opportunity, don't move much.

(I barely play infiltrator, and play engineer easily 80% of the time)

-- Smoov
  15. Enginerd

Fair point that infiltrators don't need an ammo pack thrown at their feet & give away their position. I did it early on, but stopped after I read a similar post. So yeah, maybe they screwed up, but certainly the first instance, you had ample time to move away or kill the enemy.

If they don't cert up, the range of an ammo pack isn't great, so they might have gotten used to tossing it at people's feet. I've dropped ammo packs in rooms and had plenty of people run around yelling for ammo and making me get out of my turret or position to drop another pack closer to them. These engineers were trying to help you, so appreciate that.

Also, the game doesn't revolve around you either. Am I happy when an infiltrator doesn't shoot his darts? Am I happy when an infiltrator hides and doesn't help me fight at a capture point, so I'm his meat shield? It sucks, but deal with it. None of us are perfect players. We're not going to always do the optimal thing.
  16. Smoovious

Yeah, after a few times of getting out of my turret to drop ammo to someone crying for it, only to find out it was a hostile shouting it to get me out of the turret, I don't get out of the turret for anybody anymore...

...unless it is an anti-aircraft turret where I can turn all the way around and see who is shouting at me. :)

-- Smoov

edit: "We're not going to always do the optimal thing." ... yeah... and that's why we lose so much. :/
  17. Reclaimer77

Yeah what's more important to my faction.

1. An engineer busting his ***, repairing and keeping people topped up with ammunition

or.

2. Some lone-wolf infil on a hill somewhere hoping to gank a few people miles from a Control Point

Tough call!!
  18. Smoovious

Those lone wolves are also our spotters, letting us know that we have an approaching tank column, giving us time to meet it properly.

They are pretty effective out there. I get taken out often by those guys, just as I'm about to mow down some of their infantry nearby. Those infantry will never know that the lone wolf of theirs out there, just saved all of them.

But ok, just go ahead and keep on thinking they aren't doing anything useful if you like. You'd be wrong, but whatever.

Oh, and no, it isn't a tough call whatsoever. Both play their respective parts, both contribute to the battle in a meaningful way, and both are important to the effort as each other.

Think like a team, not just yourself.

-- Smoov
  19. Outreach

Maybe he was trying to tell you to play something useful?