Request to Engineers from Infiltrators

Discussion in 'Engineer' started by Kislany, Oct 26, 2014.

1. Nano(zip/zap)

What about those cloakers that beg for heals but wont uncloak even when there are 2+ meidcs in front of them trying to heal.

Equally with that are the cloakers that ask for ammo like 5 times in a row and when you put some down (some times a few feet away some times right at their feet) and they run out of the room or all over a base still begging for ammo.
    • Up x 3
  2. Obyx

I drop ammunition in front of infiltrators in the hopes that they will spam darts like they're supposed to.
    • Up x 3
  3. Dualice

Poor engies can't win - they're more often flamed for not dropping ammo before hopping on their turrets or whatever. From reading the title I thought that's what this thread was gonna be.
  4. Kulso

YOU ARE GOING TO TAKE MY AMMO AND YOU ARE GOING TO LIKE IT!!!
    • Up x 2
  5. vanu123

You are gonna take this ammo AND YOU ARE GONNA LIKE IT!!!!!!!!!!
  6. Dethleffs

Thanks for the tip. I wasn't aware this ticks infils off, so now I now how to harass you infiltrators!

Huehuehue!
    • Up x 1
  7. stalkish

Im struggling to understand why an infil would need to be hidden in its surroundings if its safe for a fully visible engineer to be there to drop ammo?
    Also, how is it that you are so far behind enemy lines (presumably, no reason to be anywhere else) but there is a friendly engi there to drop ammo? How did the engi sneak into enemy territory without the cloaking suit?

And to answer you question about the habbit, higby is where it came from (or one of the devs) whoever was responsible for the xp gain when providing ammo, or indeed whoever came up with the cigarette pak full of ammo in the first place.
    • Up x 1
  8. TripleVasectomy

It's the giant floating icons over people's heads. Engineers just hit their utility key as a reflex, which is why you see 5 ammo packs stacked in one spot sometimes. Good form in any game with cloaking allies is to pretend that they aren't there and act as a distraction for them when possible. A related suggestion is for newer infiltrators to uncloak before they start spamming their heal and ammo commands, because it makes us want to shoot you instead.
  9. Blackinvictus

Instead of knocking the class for doing one of his primary jobs, why not make an opportunity out of the situation?

If he drops a pack in front of you, move expeditiously to the other side and set a trap to wait for people?

If enemies are on to that as much as you say above, sounds like a great chance for a nice backstab. He gets xp for ammo, you get resupplied and get a kill to boot.
    • Up x 2
  10. RykerStruvian

Never giving infiltrators ammo again.
  11. LordDethir

Are you on emerald? Because I do that sometimes =D
    • Up x 2
  12. Soporific

If I see an infiltrator on top of a ridge I'll usually drop ammo to the side behind the ridge and then possibly mine behind them.
  13. Jake the Dog

LOL, I may or may not be guilty of this.
  14. baka

If I drop one near you, sorry -- but I drop them randomly exactly because the enemy never knows.....
  15. DrFritz

I don't get it. The enemy can't see the ammo icon that we see. Also, even if they could they would have to be pretty close to see it in the first place. Stop whining and take the ammo engies have to get certs some how and this is one of them. It would be like me complaining that you aren't using your darts enough and that since i cant see them on the map that your fault.
  16. GoyoElGringo

Looks like I have a new way to troll infiltrators. Good thing because crouching behind a cloaked sniper was getting old.
  17. Plastikfrosch

im on the side of the OP, place the ammo not directly in front of the stalker. OR, wait until he got his ammo/tracking devices (yes i know, you can see the ammo needed symbol over our heads even while we are on full ammo but low tracking devices and its nice you want to help us out) and then, move on and drop a new ammopack somewhere else so that the other one will vanish.

But what really bothers me are the people that give away our position because they try to hide behind a deep cloaked stalker. this happens so often even if there is a lot of space for them to hide somewhere else they hide behind me. And you know that some of them do that on purpose when you change your hiding spot and they follow you (in the meantime i started to knife people like this to death so that they will know, its not funny to give away the position of your own teammates).
    • Up x 1
  18. Kislany

Well, let me give you another example - happened last night on Emerald. I was stalker cloaked, hunting down snipers, on the hills between two bases on INdar. Nearby there was an NC foot zert going from one base to the other. I had 6 snipers under my belt nicely killed, going for the seventh which I knew was just a bit further up as I saw him snipping away at our foot zerg.

Now as a stalker cloaker, I don't have a sniper rifle, so I can't shoot from afar. I'm in fact up in the hills literally going after the snipers with my crossbow. It is not an easy feat. Takes ages to go up slowly, stop, wait for the cloak to recharge, go up a bit more...it takes time, patience and some will to get up there close to them undetected, so I can kill them with my xbow from quite close up. I had a mission and I was going for it.

So his goodwilled engi sees me up there deep cloaked, moving very slowly up the hill. He leaves his foot zerg, comes to me, drops a pack of ammo, and this is when the enemy tank sees him, shoots at him and we both die, because he was right there, next to me, dropping that darn ammo, in a place where an enemy tank had otherwise absolutely no reason to shoot at, because it was seemingly empty. Until the engi arrived.

I didn't need that pack of ammo. I was cloacked, far away from the zerg, following my own path for a reason. If I really wanted ammo, I could have asked for some - afterall that's what V4 it is for, is it, not?

Let me just say that in that very moment if I could have TKed that darn engi, I would have. I know it's difficult for those who don't play infi to understand what I'm trying to say - please try to put yourself in our shoes. Infis by default are a bit away from the rest of the folk for a reason - we are cloaked for a reason. We are not zergers or heavy combat infantry. We have our own style, just a tiny bit of health and a bit of (pathetic at best) cloak, which is easily seen anyway if you really look closely. So we don't need anyone getting the enemy's attention to us. For any reason. At all.
    • Up x 1
  19. Kislany

LOL please see my latest post on second page - you might find it amusing then :)
  20. repairtool6

The sheer mordbid stupdity of this thread is just deafening. Actually for real?
    Fellow engineers: Disregard OP unconditionally and deliver that ammo. Carry on your duties and never let crap like this give you doubts. If a team-mate in vicinty needs ammo, then just give it to him.

@OP: look dude..when you adopt a style of play so foreign to the norm that perfectly normal helpfull actions from your team becomes a "liabitity" then you also have to:

1: take SOLE RESPONSIBILTY for your special snowflake sentiments and all its implications. Want to be left totally alone and undisturbed in your sublte ninja play? Then dont be around. Be ghost and go explore the flora of amerish and maybe ghostcap some emtpy factilty? Count the flowers around a tech-plant. If you see any team-mates, remove your presence further away.

Or

2: Express explicity in some shape or form that you are dont need/want help.

Realise that this also mark yourself as UNRELIABLE.
    Realise: If I see a team-mate in my vicinty, i RELY on that. You-and-me-help-eachother? Basic instinctive teamplay. You dont want my help or even my presence, how am I to RELY on YOU?

Or

3 (Bonus condition): Realise that this stuff you ask is not actually supported by game mechanics in any way and as such is a fundamentally unreasonable reguest. It is just dumb.

Also: dont try to play 'clever' (subtle ninja or whatever) when in fact, you are stupid. You dont have to be MLG-pro-skills to do this, but you can not be explicitly stupid. If you want to operate alone without help or backup, you absolutely can not be stupid. The laws of darwin is very harsh that way.

Tip: Adopt a more convential style because you dont have a mind for this stuff you hope to accomplish.

Sorry for ranting but stuff like this is insulting