[Request] Show me your Cloaker Footage!

Discussion in 'Infiltrator' started by MisterSlim, Sep 5, 2014.

1. MisterSlim

Hey guys, inspiration struck today. I decided to make a cloaker montage set to the song Boogie Man from the Fallout 3 OST. But, if I were to just record myself and compile it, then it'd be super boring. One faction, one playstyle, one point of view.

That's where you guys come in! Record those cool, special, or hilarious cloaker moments and upload them to YouTube (or some other video sharing site), and with your permission, I will turn them into a nice little cloaker display. Please note that I will not be using any footage in which the chat box is visible, for sake of consistency.

-Show me what you Got!
    MisterSlim
  2. K2k4

Its been a while since I recorded since my in-game recording stopped working so it's no longer a quick keystroke to record.
  3. MisterSlim

@K2k4 Much obliged, friend of friends. Anything I can use out of that, I definitely will! Also, I forgot to mention in the OP that credit will be given to all contributors, so don't feel like you're giving away your footage without recognition.
  4. K2k4

I appreciate any accreditation you provide. I'm not sure if you'll get much use out of the footage. I'm actually quite average as far as players go, so I threw these together on any multiple kill lives that I achieved over that weekend lol.
  5. cruczi

Why don't you ask for source material instead..? Making a montage from youtube-abused videos, then uploading that to youtube for a second round of harsh treatment sounds ... unpleasant
  6. MisterSlim

I had initially thought of asking for source material, but when I thought about it, I decided that more people would be willing to contribute if all they had to do was copy/paste a link. I figured that if someone would have been required to send me a video personally, then they'd be much less compelled to provide footage.
  7. Mahaut

I'm not much of a lp person. I don't even have a youtube account. But I do own fraps, and I wouldn't mind turning it on for a few days, and then sending you the raw results in a zip via mediafire or something.

My only concern is that:
    Doesn't that thing pops up every time you kill someone, every time someone uses v, every time someone uses yell and every time command desperately tries to control the zerg with their yellow orders? And call me a noob, but I don't know of any way to turn the thing off, so... Yeah? ^^'
  8. MisterSlim

Many apologies for that lack of clarity. I was multitasking while typing up the OP, and it's clearly poorly designed. Ignore the chat box comment. Also, been thinking twice about the choice in music. I liked the satirical air that a swing song like Boogie Man would give to the video, along with loving the title. But, does anyone else have any music ideas? If everyone is contributing, everyone should have a say in what music is used.
  9. Mahaut

Sorry, me again. Do you have a preferred video format?

I've got some footage, but it's the raw .avi files straight out of fraps and they are obscenely large. Since I'll have to convert them to something else anyway to be able to send them to you, might as well be something you prefer.

Also, no, no music suggestion. But considering the one you planned on using, are you looking for something a bit... comedic? 'cause I don't have much of that. Mostly random and somewhat boring sniping and crossbow stalking sessions. Well, except that one time I went face to face in an awesome duel against a valkyrie. With my commissioner (I lost). Oh, and two of my mines randomly exploded in my face as soon as I dropped them on the ground and killed me. For some reason.
  10. MisterSlim

I'd adore .mp4, but if that's not doable, then .avi is workable too! ^.^
  11. Mahaut

All right, here you go:
    http://www.mediafire.com/download/e220vlbbabahlsy/MP4.zip

I don't usually record stuff, so these are just some random lives from the last few days. No mad killstreak or improbable aiming skills to be found there, just me killing people, doing stupid stuff and getting splattered horribly. Also, image quality might vary a bit from one vid to the other, as I was fiddling with fraps' and my in game graphic options the whole time.

Still, I hope you'll find some usable footage for your project. And if you or anybody else want to use anything in that zip for anything else, please be my guest. It's not like I'll do anything interesting with it, and I don't care about credit.
  12. MisterSlim

Thanks! Whether you care about credit or not, you're getting it :p My goal is to have enough footage gathered from enough people to set this to a Halloween-appropriate song, and upload it as a Halloween video. (What better montage to upload than a montage of the most ghost-like class?)
  13. yeHHH1g

14. MisterSlim

15. lords8n

16. MisterSlim

Thanks! Credit will be given
  17. lords8n

You might be interested in this for some filler for a montage.

I can get you a version without AT logo if you would like. Even without music if you like.

This is the video I use for my streaming for Azure Twilight to Twitch preshow and post show.
  18. MisterSlim

No worries, editing is my thing, so I can handle the logo and music pretty easily. Thanks for the footage! Here's a little editing showcase for planetside I made xD
  19. lords8n

Yeah...I give up making videos...that is insane bro...absolutely insane!!!

Back on the Infiltrator thing.
    I don't know what you timeline is, but I run the GOAT Squad (Ghost Tactical Operations) of Azure Twilight. I would def be interested in capturing some footage of my crew in action specifically for you from an external cam perspective if you would like.

Just let me know.
    lords8n@gmail.com