[Guide] [Repost] Joexer's VR Training Mini-Game

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Joexer, Jul 19, 2015.

1. Joexer

This is a post from a while back that I am reposting for PS4 and newer players because I found it incredibly helpful to me (See Below)

I wanted a way to train myself on twitch reaction, target(and head) aquisition and ammo conservation, so I came up with a game of sorts. I would go to VR training and equip Heavy Assault. Any weapons or attatchments. Equip Adrenaline shield. Heres how this "game" works.

1.Line yourself up at a shooting range(dont shoot or ads yet)
    2.Activate your shield.
    3. Aquire enemy targets and try to keep your shield up as long as possible.
    4. Continue this until:
    A. you run out of ammo(on all weapons)
    B. you run out of shield
    5. Resupply and try again.

Rules:
    1.No resupplying during a session
    2.No switching shooting ranges

Notes:
    Other people may be using the same range as you. In the game allies may be shooting at your target so it actually makes this game more accurate to the real thing.

If enemy dummys arent spawning well same as above. There arent always an excess of enemies this helps you get used to it.

This "game" is actually quite entertaining and easily scalable to skill. If its too easy to "win" then use a more difficult weapon or take off attatchments. If its too hard use more attatchments or an easier handling weapon. Its all about you.

In addition to what I wanted this for, it also serves as a training tool for recoil/trigger management, friendly fire avoidance, reload management, knowing when to use a sidearm and situational awareness.

Thanks for reading, please leave a like or a note if this helped you at all. Of course Have fun.
    -Joexer Out
    • Up x 2
  2. Campagne

Wow, this is a great idea!

It would be nice if something similar existed for the other classes, so that one could practice with more than just LMGs and the like.
  3. Jackplays17

So, I tried it out. Its actually MUCH harder then I though. Its much better if you avoid friendly dummies, and you instantly lose if you hit them. They dont give shield charge anyway. My best is a pump shotty w/ slugs (To practice headshotting) at 33 kills
    • Up x 1
  4. Joexer

5. Jackplays17

6. AlterEgo

Wololo.
    I actually tried this out. On VR...
    On PTS...
    With Betelgeuse...
    :D
    • Up x 1