Reporting players

Discussion in 'Player Support' started by TSR AlexS, Nov 25, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. XLander

How do we report players with many mixtures of like characters? o0O iL and so on in mixed side by side variations. I have two ideas TSRAlex. I submitted both back in PS1. The first make all text including names in the chat box copy paste capable. Second is to change to a font that has enough variation between those characters to tell I from l=L and O from 0.

They are already starting what ended PS1. This should be the primary thing on the dev list. Calling them out for challenges is probably a great way to make it worse than it already is.

Another option is to put mac tracking and isp hard address tracking into the games code so that when you ban them their hardware and individual ISP address could be locked.

Another way would be to require a credit card on file even if you don't charge them for anything. Then you can always press charges against hackers for messing with your code. You have to make it meaningful to stop them. Banning accounts that can be re-opened with a junk email address is not effective.
    • Up x 1
  2. Megking

Devs. please make newly spawned vehicles phantom when in its 'auto drive away from vehicle bay' sequence.
    I'd rather not be weapon locked or reported 6 times because some guys decided to run in-front of the bay when i can't stop or change direction to avoid them.
    Or just have it so you don't acquire grief points or kill people when you don't have control of the vehicle.

Cheers :D
  3. Calvus

A problem with the reporting system is that those that are using hacks are exploiting the difficulty in recognizing certain alpha-numeric characters in game so that it is more difficult to report them. Examples being "lllllllllllllllll" and "OOO00000OOO" etc, etc, ad naseam.

I have actually spent 30 minutes or so trying to decipher a damn name in order to report an obvious hack user and gave up in disgust and just went to another continent.
  4. XLander

Yeah like I said many times before a font change or full text field copy functions would solve this... Obviously copy and paste would be the best way. Copy name type /report paste name done.

I am guessing that many of the current devs weren't around when PS1 hits its super decline... BFR's, WoW, and hackers caused 60-75 percent of the pop to go to other games. Lets not have this game get squashed by ****** hackers before it even gets through a quarter of gameplay. Alternatively if you can't fix the hacks just open dev mode to everyone. Then at least it is a fair playing field.
  5. paradroid

World of Tanks has a right-click menu from the players name in the scorelist, stuff like add friend, ignore and the most important one, report, which then has a drop-down box on why you are reporting. Shouldn't be too hard (from my non-programmers perspective :D ) to add something like this.
    • Up x 1
  6. Ligth

Is a proplem because of friendly fire and some bugs you cant sometimes see if allie or not so you simply shot it to confirm but when they are low health well you killed your allie then.
  7. Hodo

The /report function needs a small addition.

I would like to do /report charactername reason.
  8. tjalfe

i actually know and play with pro fps players(i am **** myself in comparison, since i used most my game times in other types of games) which is played for what they do, yes i do know how good people can be and there is a rediculess amount of aimbotters in this game -_- its just directly SAD....

add to that the fact that you got NO actual pro clans switching to ps2 meaning you dont have the best players at all in this game and still tons of players here puts payed pro fps players to ****** shame with how rediculessly "good" they are -_- you just got no clue how to spot a aimbotter.

just as an example i had a tr assault run into a room today and within 4+- seconds headshot killed 4 people at different locations spread around in the room -_-
    but sure he was just as pro as you. stop ****** kidding and stop aimbotting, its rediculess and we all know when you're doing it, NONE of us with half a brain believes your doing something that even the best PRO fps gamers would only be able to do with luck on their side.
    • Up x 1
  9. Stray

Used report function once to report obvious hacker... I was inside the building with not windows, and he was outside in a tank, and every second he spotted me with his q, right trough the wall, and also followed me like he can see trough that wall... I know english very bad and have no idea how else i can report him, so i hope you can investigate his wallhack....
  10. Natir

That does not work. It reports back as invalid command. Please make sure the things you tell us to do actually work before telling us to do them.
  11. SternLX

Ahh,that explains it. I dont press 3 for Repair tool. 2 clicks down on my scroll wheel. My scroll wheel is the notchy kind which I prefer so my left middle finger NEVER leaves the W or S keys. It all finger memory now. On weapon 1 and need pistol? 1 click down. 2 down for Rep, Heal, Recon tools or Rocket launcher. I scroll past slot 2 so fast it doesn't try to switch to it.
  12. krapmyself

How do you report stealth hacks? I witnessed a cap point with 2/2 in one of the biomes while I was standing right next to it and nobody else was around. another teammate came to help cap it but it stayed 2/2 of the opposing team. later, the cap went 0/2 and I was able to solo cap it, left and when it started to get capped again (going yellow) I returned only to see another teammate there but the cap point stayed 0/0 yellow, within a few seconds it went 2/2 of the other team and got capped.
  13. Scatterblak

Why would they quit? /ignore and /report do nothing, devs/sony do nothing, so there are no repercussions. I've /report'ed a couple of blatant hacks, and never heard anything.

Here's the challenge: can ANYONE tell me that they've /reported a player and anything has been done? I have a feeling that 'we investigate every player' is little more than grabbing some event information from a database on the two players involved using the timestamp of the /report, and unless someone clearly sees something, nothing ever happens.

...or, more likely, /report > dev/null
  14. Hexcimer

We need clientside logs of events. Chat, deaths, kills, etc. This will help with those tough to spell names if we are to be considered a component of the anti-cheat mechanism. It will also help with out of game api development and killboards for outfits.

A couple of hackers completely blunted a push across a continent today by killing whole platoons or hexes within seconds.
  15. Hxxxollow

That's how it worked in PS1 for that very exact reason. I'm surprised stuff like that didn't carry forward.
  16. x700NitroXpress

There is a guy running around at the speed of light killing everyone with one bullet, his name has a bunch of the number 0 and the letter O's in it so the regular reporting method won't work as in game the number and letter look the same. He has 21 0's and O's combination. This happened at 2:30pm on the Helios server, he's on the red team.
  17. tjalfe

it is against their policy to tell when they do something, but i have noticed several blatant hackers dissapiering within a handfull of days from when i reported them :)

so i think they are doing something, but unless they change their policy to how they ban and on what, people will just recreated new accounts, be better at hiding the hack and keep doing it
  18. Natir

The /ignore add command does not work! Fix it please. Thank you.
    • Up x 1
  19. DG-MOD-02

Please note that this is not a thread to report players that may be violating the ToS/EULA of the game. Please report these players via the link below so that the GM's can investigate the player.
    Contacting Customer Service
  20. willowstyle

1-Users may not harass or threaten other players or the support staff.

for the love of god help me!
    i am in purple and the blue and red guys are literally harrassing me all the time!
    • Up x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.