Reporting players

Discussion in 'Player Support' started by TSR AlexS, Nov 25, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Crazedmonk86

FYI SOE is not stupid.. they know these sites exist.. pming them does nothing but waste their inbox space.
  2. Darkzero

And your replying to my post does nothing about waste forum bandwidth.
    • Up x 3
  3. Natir

So, when reporting constant griefers or suspected hackers, what is the best method to report them? Using /report or submitting a ticket. While playing in-game, it can also be sometimes hard to always submit a ticket.. What is the response time of submitting a ticket versus using /report. Many of our members continually get griefed on a daily basis and submitting ticket after ticket gets real old, real quick. Which is the most efficient way for you guys to get this info? Also, will there be more in-game support options for reporting players in these scenarios? Like going into the support options in-game and have a drop down to select griefing/cheating so it gets sent directly to the right people without opening a web based support ticket.
  4. Bolderton

Out of curiosity what stops the griefers/cheaters from simply creating a new account since no credit information is needed?
  5. Mindark

Can you confirm "/ignore add CharacterName" works? It doesn't work for me and other people have replied stating that it doesn't work for them either.
  6. Yoruno

Does he by any chance go by the name Bombardier? Cos I'm suspecting the new griefer that just appeared named Chrisje is his remake, and he's doing the same thing RIGHT now.
  7. Con411

I made a post here, regarding an issue with a player. Issues like i mentioned in that post are not going to go away by ignoring someone they need to be handled fast and strictly before others start to copy behaviour like that.

The way things are going now people dont feel there are any negative consequences for deliberately ruining others gameplay. What if you ban them after several days of them being pricks. They make a new station account and start all over for days before they get reprimanded.

This game needs ingame moderation and a way to permanently ban players.
  8. Bolderton

And that, in a nutshell is why I doubt this game has a chance of stopping the growing grief/cheat issue. F2P with no credit card or any other form of authentication never works. I could list off dozens at this point. Global Agenda, Battlefield, APB, Tribes Ascend, Combat Arms, Crimecraft. All are garbage at this point due to hacks, cheats and griefers.

Any reason, any reason at all I should buy a premium pass or stuff from the cash store when previous experience indicates this problem will get worse, not better? Any response from the devs regarding the fact you can get banned and simply make another account and go right back to wrecking the game for the 99% of us who want to simply enjoy our down time gaming?
    • Up x 2
  9. Imnuktam

It would be great if we could either have a gm contact us after we /report someone so we could tell them why we /reported if it isnt obvious, or have a ticket created where we can leave comments. I /Reported someone today that was using his bomber to lay on top of other planes when they landed, and try and not only kill them but give them grief in the process. I was only killed once by him so if someone showed up anonomous an hour later when guy is no longer even in bomber gm would think me just crying wolf. :(

Also, we really need players names to have a hyperlink in chat window when they kill or are killed. This would give us the chance to report people in game using the system who are named 111llll!!LLLLL!11111llll!!!!!!!!! , which most of the hackers are. Just go check those guys when they get done naming themselves ;)
  10. Skizerz

Ok so some guy was trolling like HELL in a Galaxy by pinning other player's flight vehicles down and not letting them take off, including me. I have about 3 minutes of him doing this to multiple different people and saying "umad" in chat. EXTREMELY immature and I believe really needs to be dealt with. If I have video of it, where do I post a link for you to view it?
  11. Skizerz

lol yeah a couple of kb's of bandwidth big HUGE deal, and you responded so you're just as guilty
  12. Darkzero

and you responded so you're just as guilty x2.
    • Up x 2
  13. HellasVagabond

Things are easy...SOE can record ones IP and IF it's static (most people nowadays have static ones) just block it....Problem solved :)
  14. Skizerz

yes but the difference between you and me is i don't care about using the bandwidth, it's there for a reason so im going to take advantage of that fact. bro
  15. HammerHead90

What should I do with a guy who's embedded in a wall, shooting people, but who can't be shot? It's obvious bug exploit, but just making sure I did right by reporting him. Kvips is the name, on Miller.
  16. FlR3

Have you tried grenades or C4? Sometimes spawn beacons are placed inside walls to hide them and a grenade can take them out.
  17. Rodinvac

I was at the techplant where the guys HammerHead90 and SilverWF reported were, and I did see a few people try to C4 them to no avail. I promptly reported the glitchers and the bug, but who knows if it'll do anything.
  18. Kaiwren

Nobody's been griefing TR on Jaeger. It's nice.
  19. BanzaiBob

Is there any word on actual bans being put in place as the the Miller server is getting to be a joke - HA guys with rapid fire launchers, Infiltrators with pistols that destroy vehicles in one shot, the list goes on.....
  20. Darkzero

First, I'm not your bro. Second, what makes you think I care about bandwidth? Third, I wasn't even talking to you in the first place, so just get lost!
    • Up x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.