Reply from support on Anniversary Camo issue.

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by RobotNinja, Nov 20, 2013.

1. RobotNinja

According to support, they're "working to resolve this issue" but they can't do anything for you right now. So even though in the past they were able to fix issues related to account unlocks or items purchased from the cash shop and give customers items that weren't properly credited to their accounts...suddenly they seem to have been stripped of those powers and can't do anything.

"There is currently a bug with the Anniversary bundle where the camos are not unlocking account wide. I am sorry but customer support is unable to unlock these camos for you account wide. Please know that we do appreciate your purchase, and that our development team is working to resolve this issue as soon as possible. If you have any further questions or concerns please do not hesitate to contact us."
  2. RHINO_Mk.II

More like if this is a common issue it's a lot easier for someone on the dev team to fix the bundle itself than CS to add it to each account manually.
  3. RobotNinja

I guess I'm chalking this up to being out of 3000SC worth of camo while SOE is "working on it." I've heard "we're working on it" before...and months later...they were still working on it...it being gamebreaking bugs that had already fixed in Closed Beta and then broken again, fixed again, broken again and then suddenly forgot how to fix which could lead people to believe that no one at SOE keeps code suppositories or a log of anything they do...which would explain the state of the game client.

Currently, SOE's "sophisticated hack detection algorithm" consists of PS2's crash reporter (which can be blocked easily) reporting back to SOE a list of your currently running processes when you crash. So yes, SOE's "ban enforcement department" relies on the game client being so unstable that it constantly crashes to catch cheaters...most of whom just block the crash reporter.

SOE has caught some of those cheaters before who blocked the crash reporter and since SOE's hack detection is so sophisticated the cheaters just said, "Uh...I wasn't cheating...liek...cross my heart!" and because SOE doesn't actually have any way of telling they were just like, "Um...okay. Well, as long as you say you weren't." and many of those players are part of the current BR100 population in some very popular outfits and still have just amazingly uncanny abilities to be impossible to sneak up on and be able to instantly turn around and headshot players consistently.
  4. VSDerp

the camos gonna be account wide with this hotfix ninja:D