[BUG] Repairs not registering and Ammo boxes not giving ammo

Discussion in 'Engineer' started by RealityWarrior, Mar 18, 2013.

1. RealityWarrior

There is some kind of lag when I am playing Engineer. It isn't video lag it is a time between me repairing something and that repair reporting back. I have a level 5 (next to top level) repair gun. I walk up to a destroyed Turret and repair. Pre-GU04 I would repair 48% of the turret's health. Now I over heat my gun. I see 35% repair on my screen. When my gun cools off I Start repairing again to see that the Turret is only 15% repaired. It takes me 4 or 5 over heats to repair a turret. Repairing Maxs and vehicles in combat is an exercise in futility.

While repairing pre-GU04 I saw a nice steady stream of xp while repairing. Now it isn't uncommon to see none and then BOOM a single tick of xp worth over 100 sometimes. Also I can't tell when a max or vehicle is repaired. My circle is full but when I stop they still have a wrench over their head and tell me in Prox they are not fully repaired yet.

ALSO...

Ammo boxes are not giving ammo like they have in the past. it is Very hit or miss getting ammo restored. I can put a box down and not get anything from it at all. Move away and comeback and I might get partial full on my ammo but other times I get nothing at all. I constantly hear complaints from my outfit that this is VERY common place. Everyone is having this issue constantly.
  2. MorganM

Have you tried it off-peak hours? I know on SUN the server side lag on Waterson was crazy. Lots of things you mentioned plus more. Logged on this morning and everything was fine again.
  3. RealityWarrior

No I have not but never experienced anything even close to this during peak hours pre-gu04
  4. theraginghamster

I was on waterson and experienced this same thing this weekend. Very frustrating. Ammo box inconsistent and repairs was a nightmare. I finally gave up and rolled HA and ran back to a terminal for ammo. Many people on chat were saying it was a server side lag issue.

Also as stated by last posted, never seen anything like this pre-GU04.
  5. Stigler

Yes there were desync/lag delayed issues on both Waterson and Mattherson that I experienced, and reported on other servers other the weekend. Repair/ammo/healing delayed hit registering, you would walk 10 feet around a corner and drop dead form the bullets that hit you 3 seconds earlier. Definite issue, doubtful that the forums here will be used to confirm nor deny it.
    • Up x 1
  6. Selerox

Yeah, I got the same all weekend on Cobalt. Never seen the issue pre-04.