[Suggestion] Repair vs Resupply awards, unbalanced...

Discussion in 'Engineer' started by ZZYZX, Dec 5, 2014.

1. ZZYZX

Has anyone else noticed this?

I play as an Engy the majority of the time. I maxxed out my Repair awards a long, long time ago. But the Resupply awards take so, so, SO much longer.

Every session, my goal is to find hotspots and resupply as many times as possible. As soon as a spot goes cold, I immediately find a new one. Even resupplying aggressively, I'm only at 164/250 on the awards.

Meanwhile, I've been maxxed out with the Repair awards for months.

Why does one take so, so, so much longer than the other?! :(
  2. _itg

It's mainly because of the stupid ammo XP cap. It's something they supposedly implemented to mitigate farming ammo XP by dumping a bunch of ammo packs in the warpgate and firing into the air, as if that would actually earn you comparable XP to just playing the game.

If you want to earn resupply ribbons faster, just get yourself killed more often, so the ammo XP cap will get reset. Typing "/suicide" will work, if you don't want to give your enemies the satisfaction.
    • Up x 2
  3. WarmasterRaptor

I'm curious, does the XP cap resets when you drop a new ammo pack?

I never thought to monitor that...
    • Up x 1
  4. _itg

Pretty sure it doesn't. I constantly drop new packs when I play engineer, and I've never seen the cap reset after placing a new one. I do know you'll start gaining XP again after a cooldown period, but I don't know offhand how long it is.
    • Up x 2
  5. Flamberge

Make sure you have completely certed out the ammo pack. The higher the level, the farther people can be from the pack and still get ammo. Also, on max rank, you can put down TWO ammo packs, to double the increase. Honestly, for me, the resupply thing has never come hard, as I usually roll with a full platoon, so lots of friendlies to resupply.
    • Up x 2
  6. DeadlyPeanutt

i get MANY more certs from resupply than from repair
    • Up x 1
  7. ZZYZX

It wasn't fully certed...that was the main issue. Thanks guys!
    • Up x 1
  8. actionpark

More people should see this. It really pays off to max the ammo-pack! :)

When I made my character I was not sure it was smart to invest in the ammo-pack.
    I got advice to do it, but still I could not convince myself it was 'worth it'.

What actually helped me make up my mind was when I noticed this on the wiki:

------ Comparison of "Ammo-Pack" (engineer) and "Regeneration Field" (medic) -----

http://planetside.wikia.com/wiki/Ammunition_Package

http://planetside.wikia.com/wiki/Regeneration_Field

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Look at max level they share the same radius. 7 meters.

For engineers it is kind of hard to actually tell how big radius your ammo-pack have, because it is invisible.
    But at least the first level pack is so tiny, you almost have to stand right on top of it for it to work!

So when i noticed this on the wiki I went to the VR-room and equipped the Regeneration Field for the medic and at max Level it is HUGE. You can actually see how big it is. Your ammo-pack have the same size at max level. And you can put 2 of them at the same time!

Now I can continously refill 10 to 20 people at the same time EASY in big fights. Lots of XP :D

So I advice new engineers to go in VR-Room and test out the regeneration field for the medic. Then you can really see with your own eyes how big your ammo-pack will become at max level.
    • Up x 1
  9. Onhil

The biggest reason why I have both maxed out bubble shield and the ammo pack
    • Up x 1
  10. MajiinBuu

Resupply XP is best earned in large tower base fights. Drop an ammo pack on 2 different floors(or landing pads), than do something else, it's great passive xp.
    • Up x 1
  11. DrBash00

Just relax, and skill out your ammo pack.

Maxed out the ammo pack stays at it´s Positon for 7 minutes, with a amazing range.

Just position it some big fight on the frontline.

Then do whatever you like (go vehicle driving... fight elswhere smart instead of going with the zerg) and you will finish the directive without noticing any "work"....

(Position a ammo pack on your vehicle when you drife... or if you see a group of allys just get out of your vehicle and drop a ammo pack... be social...)
  12. ZZYZX

Oh yeah, I wish I'd have done it sooner. Kind of forgot about it, really.

I spent 1000 certs on that worthless Spitfire, and thanks to the ammo packs, I had the certs back in just a couple sessions. :)